Main Menu

Bst bane dots?

Started by Braedan_VZ, July 24, 2005, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braedan_VZ

Anyone think getting shm bane like dots, high dmg;low duration, would be a good idea in the next expansion?  Alot of the time I want to dot Im limited because mobs die before dots reaches its full duration.  I don' want to replace our 42 sec dots, just want a little more options when exping.

Dreead

Quote from: Braedan_VZ on July 24, 2005, 05:48:58 PM
Anyone think getting shm bane like dots, high dmg;low duration, would be a good idea in the next expansion?  Alot of the time I want to dot Im limited because mobs die before dots reaches its full duration.  I don' want to replace our 42 sec dots, just want a little more options when exping.

A lot of times I want to dot, but it gets resisted everytime everywhere

Kanan

can't think of last time I wasted mana on my dots.. but again, I can get more damage outa a nuke now than my dots (only missing the OoW ancient now).  I'd hated them in the past bcs of the agro issues.  Only time I would ever use them were cold immune mobs.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

As I progressed up the ladder I've given up on DoT's. DoT's give a very nice boost to dps while they are active but don't do squat for you but waste mana when they are resisted most the time.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Bengali

DoTs inherently have a lot of disadvantages, but now their advantage (efficiciency) is lost in today's content, particularly because of changed fight times and a huge disparity in focus effects.

Personally, I think all DoTs should have another advantage -- resist rate.  For most classes, DoTs have a -resist mod on them; shamans and beastlords are the only ones who don't have them on any of their DoTs.  If we're going to take the time to mem the spells, we should at least have a very good chance of landing them.

I also think they could use a damage boost, and short duration dots would be something to consider as well, but none of that really matters if they don't address the issue about the things not even landing.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"