Main Menu

Frothing Vengeance Effect vs Spirit of Lairn Strike (pet proc)

Started by Boister, September 25, 2006, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boister

Well, what do you think of those 2 proc's.  One is regular proc with stun + DD cold, what we are use to.  The second is a dd+ dot with no stun component.

Frothing Vengeance Effect  (lev 75)
Classes:
None 
Description:
1: Increase Disease Counter by 18
2: Decrease HP when cast by 143
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 698 per tick

Details: Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Conjuration
Mana: 0 Target Type: Single
Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 7 ticks @L14
Recast Time: 0 Resist: Disease (0)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 200
AE Radius: 0 Interruptable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes

Cast on you: You are bitten with a furious vengeance.
Cast on other: Soandso is bitten with a furious vengeance.

Spirit of Lairn Strike (lev 74)
Classes:
None 
Description:
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 228
2: Increase Hate by 50
3: Stun(1.50 sec/75)

Details: Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Inate
Mana: 0 Target Type: Single
Casting Time: Instant Duration: Instant
Recast Time: 0 Resist: Cold (0)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 200
AE Radius: 0 Interruptable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes

Cast on other: Soandso is encased in frost.

Did someone have the chance to try them a little? and how they are working, will the proc will ovewrite itself in the case of Frothing Vengence if it proc more then once within the duration of the first proc?  Still 5029dmg (for lev 1 of buff) in 42 sec isn't to bad, i don't know proc rate of Spirit of Lairn Strike but i am not sure it can beat that dmg overtime.

Only aspect of Spirit of Lairn Strike is the stun part, work on mob 75 and lower.

Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Kanan

well.. one important thing of note here:

Frothing only works on the giants.

That's an additional strike against it, bcs I will NEVER load this for a raid, period.  We don't mez that much, but I will not risk the pet popping some mob we need to mez and dotting it and killing several people bcs of a damnable dot.

ATM, Lairn is a total & complete downgrade to oroshar, tho it is getting fixed soon with a damage increase and a prism skin recourse (aside: I like the new prism skin emote)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Few random things lol

-  Lairn is getting upgraded.  The prism skin recourse is back, the damage at rank 1 is up to 300.  Rank 3 last I checked was 325dmg, and had a -30 resist mod as well.

-  Frothing is a "giant bane" proc.  This means a few things.  First, in situations where you aren't fighting specific giant targets there is no decision to make because the giant bane proc can't be used.  Second, giants can't be mez'd, so there is no risk of breaking one.  Perhaps an exception will exist in the expansion, but many enchanters I know are already up in arms about the number of giants in semi-end game zones because of this fact.  Three, against because of the nature of the proc, lairn only stuns againist mobs that are 75 and under.  Many of the giants that would be hit with frothing are probably higher level than that and/or stun immune.  8P

Really I would wager that in atleast 3/4ths of the situations the decision is made for you.  The only times where this really becomes an issue would be againist "giant baneable" mobs, that aren't 76+.  At which point the proc rate wouldn't really matter because both have the standard proc mod on them.  That means each proc of frothing would do about half the damage of a lairn proc, but from every proc after the first the giant would be eating over 600dmg from the dot, which definitely shifts the damage advantage to frothing aside from very extreme circumstances where the warder gets put on a low life giant and only procs once or twice in the span of the 5 seconds the giant is alive.  *shrugs*

Nusa

I believe you, but I don't see where the spell data restricts it to giants only: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=10398&source=Live

Giants aren't mezzable anyway, so if it's truly giant-only, the spell may be more be raid-friendly than you might think.

I've got to make 3 more levels before I can find out for myself.

Gatorr

Good to hear they are upgrading Lairne as I would have kept with Oroshar.

As for testing the Frothing proc, I haven't heard anything about this spell being even in the game yet.  Did they add it to a vendor or is it from a quest no one has found yet, or is it even in the game?

Shieara

Pretty sure the bane spell is not a vendor spell.  From what I was told, bane spells were going to be dropped.  Not sure where though, since I only have time to solo these days and haven't even bothered to buy the expansion yet.

Ttrytun

Wonder how well it will do in PVp if any one knows where to look plz post it we have been through alot of the mobs so far and not seen ut as of yet but seems to me will be a sweet pet proc/ BTW if at all possible please give feedback on nerfing rake in PVP its a big blow to BST on zek.

Inphared

Quote from: Ttrytun on September 30, 2006, 04:37:01 AM
Wonder how well it will do in PVp if any one knows where to look plz post it we have been through alot of the mobs so far and not seen ut as of yet but seems to me will be a sweet pet proc

Quote from: Kanan on September 25, 2006, 08:52:56 PM
well.. one important thing of note here:

Frothing only works on the giants.

Quote from: Tastian on September 25, 2006, 11:31:23 PM
-  Frothing is a "giant bane" proc.

Unless they make Giants a playable race, I doubt this will have any use to you in PVP.

hakaaba

seeing all the giants around in valdeholm and frostcrypt, i really need to find this proc!  :-D

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))