Main Menu

doing bst 1.0 with 85 necro

Started by Hozash, January 25, 2009, 05:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hozash

ok, i just made my first alt, a beastlord (of course). my other toon is an 85 necro. what im wondering is if i can use the necro to do the beastlords 1.0 epic. now, im not boxing, what im thinking is ill park the bst to the areas where ill do the kills, then log in the necro to do the fights, then log the bst back in for the loots (this is the case for the no trade loots). im guessing it shouldnt be a problem with my necro, but i thought i'd check first, the necro 1.0 has 2 death touch mobs which make it very unsoloable (this is why most necro's these days skip to the 1.5 epic), so i want to know if there are any snags like this to the beastlord 1.0, or if it can be solo'd by a high level toon. thank you in advance for all the help, and so far im likeing my new beastlord, i think i'll have fun with it.

Nusa

For all the fights, certainly a competent 85 necro should be overkill. With a mercenary, bigger overkill. Take care on the Timorous fight, as if you take too long killing stuff, you might have shards rot on you before you can switch to loot them. You need all of them!

Other than collecting a few parts, don't bother until your beastlord is at least level 51, as you'll find quest mobs won't respond to you. (Sony made a point of changing it after someone managed to obtain their bst epic at level 1.)

If you look further down the list of forum sections, you'll see there's one dedicated to the 1.0 epic. Don't be surprised if this thread gets moved there.

Wolfcaller

You'll destroy the 1.0 fights.  Depending a little on gear, you can probably solo 1.5 and maybe 2.0.

wildwaters

Only difficult one in 1.5 would be the DDA with the adds but like wolf said depending on adds it is probably doalble.

Praxxis

2.0 final may be difficult as well.  If memory serves me right, I think all the adds were tethered together.

wildwaters

i think a couple of the 2.0 fights my be difficult with a new beast an necro and a couple mercs.

Latang

Quote from: wildwaters on January 26, 2009, 10:00:05 PM
i think a couple of the 2.0 fights my be difficult with a new beast an necro and a couple mercs.

Same account, so it's gotta be solo.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Wolfcaller

I'm finally getting around to finishing my 2.0 (I slack, I know).  I've soloed everything up to the final fight, and I plan to try out final fight in next day or two.  I'll let you know how it goes :).

Edit:  Well, I didn't solo the Anguish orb, of course!

Damim

Only nix for the final fight is that the DDA will mez you.  As long as the pet has some buffs up, he can tank while you are mezzed.  Oh, and bring a puller to pull it to zone in.

Hozash

ok, thank you for all the response's, but i think i found a problem while reading the write up for the epic on allah. now it say's and im quoting...
"You'll want to bring two groups of 55+ friends to be safe. In each case, give your Official Seal of the Khati Sha to the Scout to spawn a 55th level 'Spirit.' Kill the Spirit and loot its totem. Turn the totem into the Scout to receive a Wrapped Totem."
Now, i cant find a link for the Official Seal of the Khati Sha, so im not sure if its no trade or not, but will this be the road block? if my necro cant hand the seal in to spawn the mob, because the seal was given to my bst for the quest, will i be stuck here? or can i either pass it in my shared bank, or drop it on the groud in a far off spot to be picked up by the necro?
thank you again for the responsis.

Nusa

Everything involved is notrade, and all combines are in containers...your beast has to do all the quest dialogs. It'd be a whole lot easier if you were boxing or got a friend, but it's still doable by switching toons after you start things. So long as you aren't one of those people that takes several minutes to zone.

Wolfcaller

OT a bit, but the final 2.0 mob was stupid easy to solo.  I had a merc up, but that just made it take longer.  She only needed to heal herself when she was beat on while pet and I were mezzed.  Without her, they would have always woke the pet and it would have gone faster.  The mobs don't hit for crap.

Edit: I shoulda brought Crimson Potions, now that I think of it.

Fuzzyclaws

crimson pots dont work, do they? at least i was told they didnt~ -shrug- sorry for bumping, but meh~

Damim

Sorry for the late reply, but no, crimson pots won't work unless your buffed regen is 0 and your worn regen is 0.  You have to take damage for a dot to work to wake up mez.