Main Menu

Technical Problem when Multi-Boxing

Started by Donnan, July 25, 2006, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnan

Hello everyone, first post and it's, unfortunately, a question about a technical problem I'm having when multi-boxing.  Whenever I multi-box I start getting large amounts of screen flicker. It basically looks like lightning striking all over the screen, flashes of white against everything.  It never happens when I play a single character.

I have a 3 ghz Pentium 4, 2 gigs of RAM, and a 6800 Ultra, so I don't think it's a computer power problem. I've updated my drivers, made sure that the screen resolution is set to my LCD's (Dell 21" widescreen) native resolution, made sure the refresh rate is set to what it's supposed to be. Nothing has helped. Has anyone else come across this and, if so, were you able to figure out a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Bulge

I have the same on my dell 24 inch, whenever I have other applications open, like IE or the task-window. It seems as if the other applications flicker through. I only box with separate computers, so I just take care not to have any other apps open. So I am afraid I have no solution for you. You may want to try to close the task-window, if you have that open, since that is the one that seems to flicker through the most. Or you could have an entirely different problem. :) Maybe it's a DVI thing? Not sure if I had this same problem when I still had connected my vid-card to the VGA port of the Dell, instead of the DVI.

Good luck.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Sarkaukar

1.  Using analog or DVI connector?
2.  Set antialiasing/anisoptic to application control.

Donnan

Thanks for help guys. It is DVI and I do have AA and AF set to application controlled. Guess I need to chalk it up to one of life's little mysteries and just deal with. I'm very thankful that I'm not prone to seizures though!

Moonchaser

WTF Sarkaukar is a ranger.....WE HAVE A TRESPASSER!!!!!!!!

Tardar

Quote from: Moonchaser on August 05, 2006, 05:04:39 PM

He needed something to do while waiting for a rez maybe?

Grolyn

I run into problem with graphics like this once in a while.  I found if I minimized all applications in the background and turned on auto-hide of the task bar, graphics will stop flickering through.

Fightclubx

my old PC had no problem, and now my new pc has the same screen flicker =( I havent figured it out either

Zorthaz

Make sure you are consistant in your color depths.  Make sure the color depth of the desktop and all the EQ windows are all the same.  This helped me with my flicker problem.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Sarkaukar

Quote from: Tardar on August 07, 2006, 02:23:21 AM
Quote from: Moonchaser on August 05, 2006, 05:04:39 PM

He needed something to do while waiting for a rez maybe?

(chuckles)  Nope, tis Moon who usually requires a rez.  We have a saying, the raid isn't official til Moonchaser is dead  :lol: and we raid alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :-D