Main Menu

Epic 2.0

Started by Ttony, September 14, 2004, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bummp

I see two bearheads on that rendering of the epic 2.0.    Obviously, they are showing us ogres extra love.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury

Dreambringer

For a 8% Double Attack increase, 500dd proc etc im willing to become a master at every trade. I seriously hope this quest is super hard, seeing how we can pretty much solo our 1.0 now. Last thing we need is Newbies running around with a epic weapon > Time, God equipment etc. Only time will tell.

Predator Dreambringer Daywarder
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan

Shatho

The magicians have a screenshot posted (mage compendium) of a dev apparently wielding their epic 2.0.  Someone with contacts in SoE should get us a screenshot of ours.

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

Lorathir

Quote from: ShathoSomeone with contacts in SoE should get us a screenshot of ours.

/em mercilessly teases  :?:

Nah, he does enough without being hassled for that. We'll see it soon enough.

JillieMT

Yeah, I would rather see the celebration and unveiling right here when one of our own real beastlords earns it.  :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Lorathir

Quote from: JillieMTYeah, I would rather see the celebration and unveiling right here when one of our own real beastlords earns it.  :)

Hey! Possibilty of a new title award there!

JillieMT

Ooh, that is a neat idea! We need to pass that up to management  :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gotog Ironskull

Looks Nice and they have made things that look to be 1hb into H2H.
Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Nusa

Quote from: DreambringerFor a 8% Double Attack increase

Hmmm....We don't actually get DA as a base skill, so I'm concerned that 8% of nothing is still nothing.

Shille

It looks like a 1HB or 2HB weapon to me, and I agree that a Beastlords archtype weapon should be claws. There is NO Preditory animal that uses a clubbing or blunt trauma type attack. The great majority of predators in the natural world use claws or teeth, i.e., H2H or Piercing.

I was never impressed with the original Epic either. It is too big, clunky, and simply unweildy looking. Like a coffee can with nails driven thru it. And the glowing is just stupid. How do you expect to stalk prey if you are glowing like a neon sign?

I am happy we got increased Skill limits on Piercing, but why Blunt weapons? We are BEAST masters, not BONK masters.

*sigh*

Eatbugs

QuoteIt looks like a 1HB or 2HB weapon to me, and I agree that a Beastlords archtype weapon should be claws.

While claws would be great, their record at making claws that look decent is fairly underwhelming.  As a Troll, I'll just pretend the 1hb look (assuming it comes out that way in the game) goes along with my penchant for whacking things over the head.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Skog

Well...sawfish stun the fish out of the water by clubbing them with the bill, while not predators per se (but certainly violent) apes often beat things to death,  sharks stun prey also, dolphins ram sharks to kill them, birds often drop prey to kill it or use the beak as a club,  zebra (and about any equestrian) can kill lions with a well placed kick...so it's wrong to say that no animals use blunt trauma to kill. I can go on for a while, otters crack open mollusks with rocks for instance. And let's not forget those crazy hairless ape things that, lacking natural weaponry, made use of tools...

Kuroii

I like the look of it a lot, resembles a lot of the native art from tribes here in western Canada, Haida to be exact.

But given the theme of the art, would make more sense as the shammy epic. After all native shaman were healer and made potions, salves, etc to impart all kinds of things to people.

And the Shammy epic has a big lion a little more fitting for our class.

Choppin

Quote from: Nusa
Quote from: DreambringerFor a 8% Double Attack increase

Hmmm....We don't actually get DA as a base skill, so I'm concerned that 8% of nothing is still nothing.

8 pct is 1 pct less than what you can get from a ferocity 3 item or the ferocity 3 tribute effect, kinda sad
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Man0warr

I think its for pet not us guys. Pet can double attack :p
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe