Main Menu

epic 2 Plane Of Air Encounter

Started by Kunash, September 29, 2004, 01:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunash

epic 2 Plane Of Air Encounter

from ZI, how long does the clearing take with 1 group (God equipped), to the spirit frenzied phoenix

thanks

Aeshmal

Probably not that long. If you can avoid the Castellans (I do not know if you can, only times I was ever in PoA was for raids), then all you need to do is take at Baltador the Cursed (not trivial with one group, but doable with GOD equipment), then clear to Phoenix isle. I'd say it could be done in about 90 minutes.

Eatbugs

Pretty much everything in Air sees invis, (a few things, like Baltador, see through SoS) so you may end up clearing some of the first island as well.  My guild still raids Air once or twice a week, so I'm just going to wait until we clear Phoenix island again.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dakat

Not sure about the mob in question but the mobs here are fairly gimp, very similar to PoH or any other lower plains.

It's been a while since I been here, but just to move from one island to the next you only need to kill 1 mob for every 2 people. The maids on the first island only drop enough items to support 24 people total, each person getting 3 separate items each. Which item determines which island you go to next. You can also buy keys from the dwarf up there.

jitathab

Ermm its Erylasi in the EP's not the old air :)

Fionnah

You mean the old SKY?  There is no old Air.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Grymlok

Look up the file name for Plane of Sky.  Its airplane.  Thats where all the confusion got started.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Kunash

there seems to be a lot of people confusing this zone with the old plane of sky.

the epic mob you need is a spirit frenzied phoenix, in plane of air, in tranquility, or another name for thisz one is

Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind

can someone confirm this mob is on a 2 hour respawn?   would be a bit a shame if your tracker says he is up, you make your way to him and and just before engage he depops????

malkor wolfestorm

I am looking at trying to get 1-2 groups together to help with this fight and was curious if any beasties have not had him up when they go to do the fight.

I see 2-hour respawn on rings effects him, but if a ring hasn't been done, has it been confirmed he will always be up till death?

Damn see invis mobs at Air entrance , was hoping to bypass them when asking froends to help.

zumu

it's annoying in the extreme to 1 or 2 group this. keep in mind that youre going to be dealing with mobs that like to memblur and eat healers / nukers. bring an SK to tank.

Choppin

can the mob be pulled to zi ? (imagine a super equipped bard for the job)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Eatbugs

Quote from: Choppincan the mob be pulled to zi ? (imagine a super equipped bard for the job)

It might technically be possible if Baltaldor the Cursed isn't up, but that would be one heck of a pull.  (Especially given that almost everything on the way sees invis.)  I'd personally count on the pull taking longer than it would take a group to fight up there, assuming it could be done at all.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

zumu

one heck of a pull is an understatement... your bard would have the residents of 2 islands and the tunnels between after him, both on the way there and coming back. fading them on the way up might help, might also just bunch them up...

i can imagine a 12k+ bard getting his ass kicked easily enough, one stun and its time to send in a crew with mops and buckets. when doing xegony we used to play the who can get farthest before dieing for corpse summons game. you can get amazingly far np, but whoever it is on the run, however much hp, its game over the instant you run past a mob and it gets a stun on you.

malkor wolfestorm

The 1-2 groups would lean more towards 10 - 14 people.  

I had read that the Cursed can possibly be pulled off to the side.  Guess maybe I will be safe and put it on our epic help list.

I think the thing about pulling him to ZI will be the pathing issues in Air.  They just suck as I remember.  And the bird is on the third island ( had a rogue check ).