Main Menu

Do you think our Epic quest is complete

Started by Tigjer_TR, November 07, 2004, 03:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionnah

QuoteBut I am sure that whatever the stats its gonna be broken ( or is that working as intended? )

Yeah... this is why I have permanently quit EQ.  I'm sorry, but when it becomes accepted fact that something will be broken.... that's just a sign that the quality is so horrible that it's not worth it any more.  I spent the entire time after OoW came out sitting there bored out of my mind, playing out of habit.  Then I saw what I was doing, logged out and decided to take a week off.... then it turned into 2 weeks, then a month... well, let's just say I can't think of a single reason to go back.  Broken content, broken game, broken quests... 5 years was WAY too long for me to put up with it as it was.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

CillianFV

Just because we cannot figure out a tradeskill combine does not mean that the combine is broken.  It took a while for the Oracle tradeskill quest to be worked and that was with the whole tradeskill population working on it, not just Beastlords.

Tradeskilling has always been like this.  It requires a bit of lateral thinking on our part.  In the Oracle quest people could not figure out how to make enchanted velium bits until someone thought he would try to combine the velium bits with the actual spell scroll.  Perhaps our "clay made malleable with magic" is similar and we have to combine it with an enchant clay spell scroll.

I would try this myself but I cannot continue on to epic 2.0 because I do not have access to the Plane of Air.  I also have not ever complained about not being able to continue because that is just the way progression works.

Bottom line is the developer has stated twice that the combine is working.  Epic 2.0 is not ever going to be easy and only those Beastlords with access to Anguish can legitimately say that this combine is holding them up.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Bengali

There may be some people who technically could be trying to work on this but aren't.  I have 1.5, for example, but I haven't even tried the combine yet because I haven't done the Jaggedpine and Plane of Air parts and probably won't do them anytime soon (trying to convince my guild to go back to the Plane of Air again is like trying to convince Emeril to stop saying, "BAM!").

Maybe when more people are actually in a position to even try the combine we'll have more success.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ogee

Got a link in gc last night saying it was the warrior 2.0 . Didn't get the name .