Main Menu

I know you are better than this xal...

Started by Tastian, July 15, 2004, 06:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skog

Quote from: cougerofeqMages are the best summoners in the game.
Mages have the best pets(even though necros originally had the best)

What do BST do the best?
BST are (as I see them) not a "Best" anything, but a well rounded class.

Also, Necro pets were dual weilding, Mage pets were not. We proved it to them and they changed it. Necro pets being "better" was a bug, so you can shut up about it and stop bringing it up in every bloody thread that contains the word Mage. We know you hate your previous class and have an axe to grind with them but you can be quiet about it now, ok?

Dummkopf

QuoteUntil you either farm Time for many months or do Ikkinz and up mages just will NOT HAVE pet focuses above the DPOC

Actually, this is not quite true. Minion of eternity drops in 3 places, one of them time where it is kinda rare, but not as rare as class specific items like shinai or mage mask, another one is ikkinz where it seems to be rare and the last one is primals in yxtta where it is common as muck and rots after about 2-3 weeks farming. At your stage of the game you can farm all 3 drop spots easily and i dont see why you complain about not getting it.

Besides that, there is already a pretty good pet weapon out there with a 225 dd and 100 hp on it, i consider that as nearly overpowering especially now that all pets zone (and zoning pets was a beastlord advantage originally).

Bengali

Quote from: Silverblade-T-EBut as I'm sure you can guess, I do not have a pet focus beyond the DPOC, so when dealing with "balance", please consider the fact of pet focus item's STUPID rarity, k? It's silly to say "but mage pets get massively better mitigation!", when that true statement relies on very rare items, thus your arguement is flawed.

I don't see what this has to do with anything.  Focus effects above the DPoC are just as rare for other classes as they are for mages.    When people say mage pets mitigate better, they mean that with any given focus (including DPoC, which is super easy to get) a mage pet will mitigate substantially better than another pet with that same focus.

In fact, most mitigation tests and comparisons are done with the DPoC because that's what most pet users have.   The statement doesn't rely on rare items at all.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thoar Nametaker

Mages are the best at pets.  
Mages are the best at Damage shields.
Mages are the best at Summoning items.

Beasts are the best at pet healing.

By this comparison, Mages need no improvement, in fact, they are vastly over powered.  SoE needs to either raise the power of the beastlord to be in line with Mage power, or nerf the Mages.

They can rectify the situation by implementing the following changes:

1)  Bring the beastlord pet in line with mage pet in terms of dps, mitigation and hp.   Small allowances in power differential will be allowed to compensate for the awesomeness of the beastlord pet's graphics.

2)  Introduce a nonresistable, non-avoidable source of continuous damage source of damage damaging to the beastlord's damage portfolio.  I would suggest leeches.  Impossible to get off, really.

3)  Introduce a new beastlord "Archaeology" abillity where we dig up ancient powerful relics that will dissolve into nothingness when a player sets up camp (no rent tag.)  This skill will work much like the forage skill, except we get to pick what we get and it never fails.

4)  Implement the long awaited Ass-Lightening AA warder augmentation.  

I know that my community will rally behind these scientific findings, as I am a well respected member of the retired-barbarian-beastlords-of-the-7th-hammer community.

BloodCelt

[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

cougerofeq

Quote from: Skog
Also, Necro pets were dual weilding, Mage pets were not. We proved it to them and they changed it.

Telling me how mages got necros nerfed with thier "proof" doesnt make me like the mage community more, if that was your hope. It just confirms my opinions and why we have to respond to the "Proof" you currently are providing.

Quote from: Skog
We know you hate your previous class and have an axe to grind with them but you can be quiet about it now, ok?

I love pet classes - I just hate the attitude many mages have of everyone else owing them something. Its like they think they are a minority or something. They have to be the best at .... was my point.

Lastly, dont want to hear my opinion on mages?  Dont bring it up on the BST board or read threads about mages on the BST board. I dont post on the mage boards at all. It gives me high blood pressure. You can commiserate over there all you want and never read a word from me ever again.

I'm not going to get all upset regardless of what you say - I'm not a mage anymore, I gave up trying to make a difference over there.  Here I like the community as it is.

Shere Khaan

Quote from: Thoar Nametaker4)  Implement the long awaited Ass-Lightening AA warder augmentation.  

OMG. That is the best idea I have ever heard. I would pay 30 aa for a skill like that!  :lol:   :lol:

Shere Khaan

Skog

Quote from: cougerofeq
Telling me how mages got necros nerfed with thier "proof" doesnt make me like the mage community more, if that was your hope. It just confirms my opinions and why we have to respond to the "Proof" you currently are providing.
So putting Mage pets where they were supposed to be was a nerf to Necromancers? If you are referring to the infamous Fine Steef Dagger fiasco I believe it was the melee (primarily some Warriors) that got it nerfed because the pets were able to kill them without breaking a sweat and it effected Mages as well. All it does is disprove your statement about Mages not having the best pets. It was a bug.

My main gripe with you is the fact that you continue to have a grudge against the Mage community and in any thread where a Mage tried toi defend themselves you pipe in with "Mages don't need anything, go away. I don't like discussion" instead of tackling the problem. The same can be said of you- if you get worked up about Mage's then don't read the threads about them.

Skanda

Quote from: Skogyou pipe in with "Mages don't need anything, go away. I don't like discussion" instead of tackling the problem.

So for Mage's haven't even defined any problems (except for the healing issue). All we see now is complaining about how other classes have more DPS or can solo better or can take a beating better or any number of other things. These arn't problems, they are called weakness inherent in playing a Mage. Everything you have been saying so far in this thread has pretty much been in a thinly veiled attempt to convince us that Mages should be the best at everything in the game.

It's becomming somewhat clear that the beastlords understand your pets better then you do after watching Silverblade try to argue about Mage's pet mitigation. Try going out there and acutally LEARNING the class you play before you start asking blindly for upgrades you don't need or deserve.

Silverblade-T-E

Skanda,

BST solo --Mage solo.
--BST will slow mob, yes? He will tank a lot, pull back to heal self as need , share damage with self and pet. Correct? So the beastlord divides damage between himself and pet.
--Mage will either pull with pet or debuff. Pet absorbs all the damage bar at very low levels, mages do not tank for their pets bar in extremis.
--So, effectively, BST pets, generally, do not HAVE to solo tank mobs, yes? Warder's primary purpose is NOT to tank, it is to do damage and absorb damage *as need be*. Would that be a fair assessment of it?

Bengali,
I haven't actually seen many *defencive comparison* parses of mage pets and warders post 2nd round mitigation changes, would appreciate a link to such, if you'd be so kind? :)

Dummkopf,
We just reached Phase5 Time on our 6th day of Time raiding and our first phase5  god was Bertox..we got him to 30% (fun though), good percentage of our Alliance isn't in KodTaz yet because of the hassles of TIpt/Vxed for so many folk, rather **** PO'd about Tipt personally, hate that trial with a passion, had no luck with it. So no we are not seeing any pet focuses, and none exist within our Allaince.
--Summoned Burning Shank is *lore*, no rent, from an item in higher GOD, so no, it is not common *cough*.

Terjn,
Aggro issues had been brought into this thread, hence why I mentioned such. It is rather crucial to mage gameplay.
--Elemental Alacrity seems to only give 3% pet avoidance at max for a heavy AA cost, which is pretty crap.

Skanda

and so what's the reason you think you should be able to solo as well as a beastlord can? I think there's a few other classes around that solo worse then you do.

Skanda

Quote from: Silverblade-T-E
I haven't actually seen many *defencive comparison* parses of mage pets and warders post 2nd round mitigation changes, would appreciate a link to such, if you'd be so kind? :)

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2585
QuoteOK so I want the earring out of Barindu. I head over there and there is a mage there soloing these 600-hitters with his Minion of Eternity Earth pet. Since he wants the ring and I want the earring we team up and start fighting.

My little warder keeps getting agro from the earth pet and getting stomped hard. I turned off taunt. Guess what. He still gets stomped no matter what. He even had mage weapons so Rellic was not proccing as much. Is the agro from Rellic so insane that his Eternity pet taunting, and prolly hitting for 92, can't out agro my Warder?

It was a little annoying. (Of course not so annoying that I dispelled his buffs and tried spirit of snow) You thinkt hat would work?

On a side note. These are HARD for me to kill solo. Takes a trtuckload of mana to keep myself and the pet alive. The Earring will ahve to wait for a few more AA I think.

Sounds like that poor Mage was having a hell of a time soloing. I feel so sorry for you guys.

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1720
QuoteThe average hit (A Crystalline Golem in the Plane of Valor) for Sorsha was 420, compared to 255 for earth pet and 277 for air pet. Mage pets mitigate A LOT better than beastlord pets now it seems.

That thread comes complete with Xal bragging about the "upgrades up the wazzoo" that you just got and wanting to know how much our pet got upgraded.

Dummkopf

QuoteBST solo --Mage solo.
--BST will slow mob, yes? He will tank a lot, pull back to heal self as need , share damage with self and pet. Correct? So the beastlord divides damage between himself and pet.
--Mage will either pull with pet or debuff. Pet absorbs all the damage bar at very low levels, mages do not tank for their pets bar in extremis.
--So, effectively, BST pets, generally, do not HAVE to solo tank mobs, yes? Warder's primary purpose is NOT to tank, it is to do damage and absorb damage *as need be*. Would that be a fair assessment of it?

That would be a nice point for giving our pets a large dps boost, since pets have to trade off tankability against dps or the other way round. Since our pet isnt supposed to tank (after silverblades argumentation) it should do more dps but it is at the moment the least dps out of mage/necro/beastlord pets.

This is not my opinion, just how i interprete Silverblades assessment.

Silverblade-T-E

Skanda,

I'm not being a nasty jack ass to you or BSTs, so why the hostlity, hm? :)
QuoteSounds like that poor Mage was having a hell of a time soloing. I feel so sorry for you guys.
Debate please, no need for such acidiity, is there?
Again, 99.99% of mages do NOT have anything better than the DPOC, neither to BST or necros, as said, the availablity of pet focuses for EVERYONE is stupidly rare, they are as important to pet classes as nuke, DoT and buff focuses.

Hm, odd, mage pets DID need a big mitigation increase but I thought warders would have got something too with the higher focuses, either Avoidance or proc rate (as that seems most likely with warders?).

Quoteand so what's the reason you think you should be able to solo as well as a beastlord can? I think there's a few other classes around that solo worse then you do.
Are you just being obtuse or trying to provoke hostility? :/
Mages are one of the primary solo classes, if you can't take that or have a problem with the mage class, to bad: what is your problem?. I've heard some BS from BST who haven't played EQ long saying mages shouldn't be good soloers...yeeesh.
--Mages have always excelled at killing low blues in number, necros with higher cons but fewer, and wizards/druids midway between (fair number of blues). PoP skewed that due to mobs DPs which, being a hybrid melee class I'm sure all BSTs are all to aware of.

Skanda

Quote from: Silverblade-T-E
Mages are one of the primary solo classes, if you can't take that or have a problem with the mage class, to bad: what is your problem?. I've heard some BS from BST who haven't played EQ long saying mages shouldn't be good soloers...yeeesh.

Well then grats! Looks like that mage above was having no real problems soloing blues in GoD. So why is it you need an upgrade again? Really, you haven't given one real reason during this entire thread other then "just because".

I'm hostle because I'm not seeing you trying to support your point at all. Everything you say is promptly taken apart by everyone here and yet you come back asking for different crap. First it was heals (I don't mind this too much), then moved to something about how we take punishment better them mages and how you should get some sort of defensive upgrade, then we slipped into Wizard territory when you started complaining about how your DPS should equal theirs....and now you want to be able to summon gear that is in the Baz that even remotly resembles pet gear.

Really.....when do you plan to ask for Necro rezzes and FD? No one here is debating anymore. Take a look, you may notice how every post lately has been against you (Except for the Mage Skog). You guys got your pet upgraded after asking for it for a long time and now suddonly you're asking for the Moon on a platter also. Get real.