Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zekr

Here is a 1hp for the database.

Progeny Claws
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  
Slot: PRIMARY  
Skill: Piercing  Atk Delay: 28
DMG: 15  
WIS: +8  MANA: +35  SV FIRE: +7  SV DISEASE: +7  
SV COLD: +7  SV MAGIC: +7  SV POISON: +7
Recommended level of 50.
WT:  0.3    Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 4: empty

ps  Great tool,  thanks
Zekr  71 Beastlord on Ayonae Ro

Ryessa

GREAT tool, Cop!

One thing.. Fist of Mithril is listed as tradeable, but is not.  pretty much just of importance to those beastlords looking for the best weapons they can get without raiding :)

Coprolith

minor update this time, about 2 dozen new weapons and augs added.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Kerath

How come whenever I try to use this spreadsheet it wants to open up into Visual Basic for editing?
Kerath A'klawwn - Feral Lord <Stromm>

Coprolith

Not sure kerath. Maybe something to do with your settings regarding macros in excel?

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Coprolith

May 05 2004 update:

- Made another weapon entry on the stats'nskills page for people to play around with. The stats for this weapon have to be entered manually. Its intended as a means to be able to quickly check on a new, unlisted, weapon should you discover one.
(Also, it takes the heat of me to update the spreadsheet regularly  :P )

- Added an equivalent proc damage value for the PoFire pet proc weapon (Thanks to Tastian for the excellent parses)

- added couple more weapons to the db.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Rholin

Is it at all possible to make it also available in Office 95 format?  I still have my Office package from '96 and haven't seen the need to upgrade yet.  Those packages are expensive! :)

Coprolith

QuoteIs it at all possible to make it also available in Office 95 format? I still have my Office package from '96 and haven't seen the need to upgrade yet. Those packages are expensive!

Yes i know, which is why im still working with office 97 myself. But to answer your question: no its not possible to make it available for 95. The spreadsheet uses Visual Basic for Office macros, which if im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong here, its been awhile), was introduced with 97. Excel 95 uses a different language for macros. Im sorry but it seems that until you upgrade you'll have to live with using the Excel Viewer.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Howlena Damoon

I just wanted to add my howl of praise to all your and Tastian's fine work, THANK YOU!  RAWR!

Would it be possible to make an equivalent guess on the hammer of the timeweaver pets without additional parses?
Howlena Damoon and Lunatic
Feral-LADY of 65 Gut-wrenching Howls
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=364009">Browse my Bags o' Beastie Bootie

Coprolith

QuoteWould it be possible to make an equivalent guess on the hammer of the timeweaver pets without additional parses?

Without parses the best i could do is a guesstimate, but i still need to know some basic info such as how many pets per proc, how long before they disappear, and their min/max hit. By comparing those numbers with that of the SPF a reasonable estimate could be made.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Chubaka

Ok.  so now that I figured out the calculator, I checked all the 2hb to see how the dps would compare to my current DW-H2H config (see magelo) and there is only 4 of the uberest 2hb that do more than the 80dps the calculator currently shows me at.

Is this the case for everyone else?
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Akiri

Didn't see these in the database.

Living Stone Gloves

Awesome work on the database, I don't know how I did without this thing for so long.

Bengali

Quote from: ChubakaOk.  so now that I figured out the calculator, I checked all the 2hb to see how the dps would compare to my current DW-H2H config (see magelo) and there is only 4 of the uberest 2hb that do more than the 80dps the calculator currently shows me at.

Is this the case for everyone else?

I wouldn't be surprised at those results.  I recently got a Cranial Bludgeoner (41/24, procs dot for 400 total damage), and it was significantly less dps than my ED/EPW combo.*  I think a 2hb has to be truly insane to surpass dual wielding.

*NOTE:  Before anyone says that Brainburn is only 100 dd +3 ticks at 75 damage, my parses show that basically dots last an extra tick than what Lucy shows.  My theory is that there is a tick that is counted with the DD, and then 3 after that.  But in any event there were always 4 increments of 75 damage after the 100 blast.

*parses against Katta Banker, done in 9 minute increments so Fero wouldn't wear off.  About 1 hour of parses total.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

Yeah, as you progress (AA's, aug procs, etc) dw pulls way ahead of 2h.  2h is mostly for tanking and goofing off I've found.  Even things like the GoD 2h and the Staff of transendance don't parse nearly as high as most would expect.  

Derrict has started posting on the boards and I know his rogue off-hands timeweaver so it's likely he has some numbers on it.  I've got some data buried in old logs, but they are on my old box, so I don't have any numbers I'd actually post atm.