Main Menu

Problems installing EQ Platnum x2

Started by jaskorak, November 03, 2005, 11:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaskorak

I am currently running 4accounts on one machine, I want to add another box but I am having a problem installing EQ Platinum since I have it already installed. My first account is run with the original everquest, my second account with eq trilogy, my third account is with eq evolution and my fourth account is run off eq platinum. The problem I am having is everytime I try to install another copy of eq platinum it only gives me the option to modify, repair or uninstall since I already have another copy of platinum installed. Since there are no other versions out there besides platinum, evolution, trilogy and the original EQ I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how I can install two different copies of the same program on to the same computer.

Merescata

First thought... How far in the install do you get?
2nd... Does it really check for other installs?
3rd.... Can you change the install path?  ie... install to C:\programs\sony\....  or c:\programs\myeq\... or maybe
   c:\programs\eqplat\....

I really don't think it checks for other installs.  I'm thinking you will need to change the path for the install and not accept the default path.
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Sarkaukar

Copy and paste, if you intend to run multiple instances of EQ, which is not necessary though.

You can use the same EQ install, but just log in on the new account.

Et^Cetera

Quote from: jaskorak on November 03, 2005, 11:52:34 PM
The problem I am having is everytime I try to install another copy of eq platinum it only gives me the option to modify, repair or uninstall since I already have another copy of platinum installed.

RENAME the current EQ directory (and shortcut). I changed mine to EQacc1 and EQacc2 etc

Then when you put the disc back in, you should get the "install" option.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

jaskorak

Quote from: Merescata on November 04, 2005, 01:53:13 AM
First thought... How far in the install do you get?
2nd... Does it really check for other installs?
3rd.... Can you change the install path?  ie... install to C:\programs\sony\....  or c:\programs\myeq\... or maybe
   c:\programs\eqplat\....

I really don't think it checks for other installs.  I'm thinking you will need to change the path for the install and not accept the default path.

If I am installing a version of EQ like platnum for the first time on my computer it lets me select the drives/paths and have no issues. Once I try to install a second copy of platnum it does not give me the option of drive and path it only gives me the option of ---modify,repair or unintstall and no other options.

QuoteRENAME the current EQ directory (and shortcut). I changed mine to EQacc1 and EQacc2 etc

Then when you put the disc back in, you should get the "install" option

Thanks man, that makes since I should have thought of that, I am at work right now but will try that when I get home and post results. :-D

jaskorak

QuoteYou can use the same EQ install, but just log in on the new account.

Had some issues with installing 2nd version of eq platnum then used your advice and used the same eq install with different password and it worked perfect, thanks man. :-D Now the boring process of leveling up the necro so I can use him in my group. Curently level 32 and leveling in Dalnir using the Druid DS method its good xp but boring as hell. Oh well its the price I have to pay I guess to get the much needed dps added to my group. Thanks again all for the help I want to get these all on seperate computers and some N52's but untill I can it will be nice to get some general xp and gear using my ghetto set up.

Taiglin

In your 30s and 40s you can knock out a level in 3 MMs +/- IIRC + you are getting AAs for the rest of your toons. It slows down to 2 blues in the 50s going to 1 blue around 58. Anyway, is something to think about at least.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]