Main Menu

What to add??

Started by Memnarch, October 30, 2005, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memnarch

Hi i just have a few questions and if anyone can help that would be awesome.   Right now i play a beastlord and box a cleric, but i want to add a third character so what to add...

I have access to a 66 ranger with eq/am3 (which seems to have low dps not sure why..)
I have access to a 54 druid (which i could pl fast) very poorly geared
I have access to a 40 wizard (agian i could pl fast) very poorly geared
I have access to a 58 necro, geared very well for its level
I have access to a 65 monk (although not very found of playing 2 melee chars but i COULD)

Those are the characters i have to choose from really, before you say make a mage and pl one my roomate plays one which i group with sometimes and i dont' want to make one cause that would be competition between us hehe.

Here are some more things, with the new pet snare that works fine in MPG (if i can trio mpg i would be happy with that), so snare isn't a very big concern.   I am already decided to scrap the monk and ranger right now i think, and go between the wizard, necro or druid.   Right now i am leaning towards the necro..   I don't need the druids extra heals so my 3rd would be a fun class to solo (which i think would be necro), and to dps.   So if i wanted a dps class for the 3rd slot which one?   But i also want a char i can just decide to play alone and have fun.   So the wizards more? dps than the necro (i would pet attack,dot, dot??)   Or the necros extra mana and FD pulling if i need it and rez  if all things go bad.

Any help would be awesome thanks,    By the way my beast tanks mpg fine so i dont' need a tank and my cleric heals it fine heh.

Sorien

I would say either Necro or Druid depending on your playing style.

Don't count the Druid out on the DPS side.  They still have some pretty nice DPS.

Druids offer...

Good DPS
Ports
Evacs
Extra Healing
Mana Regen if the mobs aren't hitting that hard
Damage Shield

Necro's offer...

Excellent DPS
Mana Regen
Snare
FD pulling
FD & Rez in a sticky situation

I went Necro.  Solely for the fact that I do not like playing Druids very often.  They tend to bore me at times.  They both are good classes tho to stick into a third box imo.

**EDIT** Wizard would be good also, but then you are running a bit low on mana regen spells.

Memnarch

your running a Beast cleric Necro right now? and yeah i don't like playing druids very much.   I can play my necro alone when i can could i play a druid, probably not heh.   How is the dps with the boxed necro.

bham

I would choose wizard first, necro second, druid third.

Play the one you think will be most fun, any will work in that combo.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Lraria

Agree with Bham, just play something fun!!

You have very strong base with Bst / Cle >> add whatever seems to give most return to you.  Fun, flexible, ease of boxing, dps, utility.  There are 4-5 classes at least that would be very good additions.  Depending on friends classes, pick one that appeals to you and your priorities.

Personally, I started with Bst / Dru and added Necro for dps/rezz then Mage for more pet power and dps and finally switched over to Cleric for heals in higher end zones.  But it all works in the end.

Enjoy the game and have fun boxing when you can't find friends online or enough groups.

Memnarch

Thanks for the replies back guys!  :-) I have decided to use my necro as my 3rd character, i just can't see myself playing a wizard when i want to play him and not box heh i could my necro.   My roomate is thinking of making an another Mage so he can box mage/mage... 

So it will be in the end Beast/cleric/necro/mage/mage when he plays, hell maybe i will put my wizard on a different acctount and 4 box bst/clr/nec/wiz... when he plays our group will be Beast/cleric/necro/wizard/mage/mage Should be a good group right?

Hmm thinking of that 4 characters on 2 comps? How would that be, i like to play eq and box but i dont' want to be busy 100% of the time,think i could box bst/necro/wiz/cleric on 2 comps and still have "spare" time to do stuff? It will just be the normal alt tab boxing.  Perhaps Beast and Wizard on one comp and necro and cleric on other?   Or just 3 box on 2 comps till i get a 3rd comp THEN 4 box heh?    Any ideas/suggestions/tips welcome thanks.

Hinthi

I four boxed War/Bst/Clr/Wiz(or Druid) on 2 computers.  To get the most out of the toons it is fairly busy.  Trying to get everyone cranking the DPS.  Often times I would just send the Bst pet and not even bother with getting him to melee.

Something you might look at is ports.  Yeah they are not required but they sure are nice.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Memnarch

If i four box it will be bst/cleric/necro/wizard so i will have ports. More i think about it less i think it will be bad.   Bst will pull with slow (unless i need necro fd pull), get fast/quick aggro, switch to necro comp to send pet in, dot, maybe dot agian. then switch to main comp to alt tab to the wizard to nuke/nuke. And use the cleric when i need healed.

I can double nuke in one hotkey with the wizard
I can pet attack, and double dot in one hotkey also for necro, so it will be easy as alt tab hit a single hotkey and switch back i think most of the time heh, maybe i will try it.

Edit- Think 3 aa's is worth mastery of the past aa for the cleric?   Always afriad the ch fizzled and i missed it heh so i alt tab back over to her to make sure its still going lol maybe its just me.

Hinthi

Save your AA make your hot key say

/target (bl)
/pause 5, /cast (ch #)
/cast (ch #)

That will cover a single fizzle and should do the trick.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Memnarch

Hmm i once tried that command pause then another command on a single line couldn't get it to work will try agian thanks  :-)

Hinthi

The pause happens after the command on the same line and you need a comma to seperate them.  I always get that stuff mixed up so I finally had to sticky a note on my computer so I could figure that stuff out.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen