Main Menu

2hb choice, based on price stats etc, need help please.

Started by Aeluder, November 14, 2004, 01:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeluder

Sorry for another question... I'm unable to do any comparisons with the excel spreadsheet that was put out. I have an opportunity to buy 1 of 2, 2HB, but am not sure which one would be the better bang for the buck.
Both have a 75 point proc.     I saw a couple Eternals a few nigths ago for 9k each, and I'm kickin my butt now for not buying heh. Or, would there be a better one in that range to buy instead?

Stave of the Eternal         17 - 25k(price)
Slot: PRIMARY  
Damage: 35 Delay: 28
Damage Bonus: 35 (lvl 65)
AC: +15 Dex: +16 Sta: +12 Wis: +16 Int: +16 Agi: +16 Fire Resist: +14 Disease Resist: +14 Cold Resist: +14 Magic Resist: +14 HP: +120 Mana: +105 End: +105  
Classes: Beastlord Monk  

or

Redhorn Mace         12 - 20k(price)
Slot: PRIMARY  
Damage: 43 Delay: 42
Damage Bonus: 42 (lvl 65)
AC: +10 Str: +10 Dex: +9 Sta: +9 Wis: +17 Int: +17 Agi: +10 Fire Resist: +12 Cold Resist: +22 Magic Resist: +12 HP: +90 Mana: +85 End: +85  
Weapon Skill: Two Hand Blunt
Classes: Warrior Monk Shadowknight Paladin Ranger Beastlord Berserker  

Thanks again
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Lizsolo

Without even looking at the spreadsheet, seems that the stave's dmg/delay ratio is FAR superior to the other.   And offers more HP to boot!  :-)

To me, at least, this would be a no brainer.  I'd be all over the first option like white on rice.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Aeluder

That's the one I was leaning towards. hehe. Thanks.
*scoops up his brains and puts them back in where they belong... nice jar on his desk*
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Askyn

Just make sure you can use the staff of eternal due to the recommended lvl =)

Other wise its a great little staff ( I like mine )

Aeluder

Aye, the only thing I've bought that is above my reccomended level so far is the VIC.. 5 levels to go hehe.. something to look forward to, motivation. The staff is nice, was playin around with it a bit tonight. I uh... need to work on my 2hb skill a bit hehe, it just hit 31 I think.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

zumu

2hb is a waste of time and plat. if you are using weapons to generate dps, look to duel wield.

Aeluder

Ok then, what happens when I'm fighting in a group, and we're against a mob with a high riposte rate, and I'm unable to fight from the back? Dual wield, hit fast and get nailed with ripostes? Or do i switch to my 2hb and do a bit slower damage, higher numbers, and only do a bit less damage, but I take half as much because there are fewer hits to riposte off... It may be a waste of plat and time to you, but to me it's logical to take it. My original question was, which is better, not is 2hb worth it, because I had already decided that I wanted to work it.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Atropine_BB

Quote from: zumu2hb is a waste of time and plat. if you are using weapons to generate dps, look to duel wield.

Kind of a shortsighted opinion eh?

2hb is a great alternative when a beastlord needs to tank.  I tank roughly 90% of my playtime, so having a quality 2hb weapon is probably the most essential piece in my arsenal.

My 2hb is droppable and out dps' my VIC x2 most of the time.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=70251

Aeluder, you will be happy with a stave of the eternal.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Nekokirei

/cry

Still using my patchwork jetsam...

:)

I'd second everyone else with the Stave of the Eternal -- has some very nice stats with it.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Aeluder

Thanks for the replies folks, and aye, I agree about it being a shortsighted opinion. I believe I saw a slavekeepers maul for sale in the baz the other day, i however, couldn't afford it hehe. I did get the Stave of the Eternal, and am happy with it so far, my 2hb needs work.. (lots of it.. 33skill atm) but it shouldn't take long to raise. Specially with a good speed on it.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Nanndas

Quote from: Aeludermy 2hb needs work.. (lots of it.. 33skill atm) but it shouldn't take long to raise. Specially with a good speed on it.

Don't feel to bad, my 2hb is under 30 atm.. :)

I have a Bamboo Bo Stick 8/20. At what skill level will 2hb need to be raised to that I can use it comfortably in a group. I tried the other day in a LDoN mission, but switched it out as I felt like I was swinging at air. What level would be good, 100+ ?

I can kill Dryads, Griffons (about 3/4 are db) in JPF just about non stop atm with KEI and Virtue. I spend more time refreshing spells then medding. I am going to use my 2hb to try and get it up.

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

zaab

People that say things like this
"2hb is a waste of time and plat. if you are using weapons to generate dps, look to duel wield."
slay me.  

My Cudgel of the Watchful Dragon work just fine, and lets me tank  that mob in the simon says trials that sprouts DS, and the monks and rogues are dropping like flies.

Aeluder

That's basically the reason I'm working 2hb, for raids with a high riposte rate and damage shields. I'd rather get nailed once for 600 damage then 3 or 4 times in a row, lets the healers focus on where they should be.. The main assist and other secondaries. I may not raid much right now, but once I hit 65 - 70, i'm sure I will be doing it more, so I may as well get the practice in Now, rather then wait.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Panthermask

Yeah, 2hb really pays dividends when tanking.  We hold aggro primarily with spells anyway, not melee, so losing a bit of DPS for the benefit of taking substantially less damage is a good tradeoff most clerics will thank you for.   :)

I was pretty happy about picking up the MPG Efficiency Trial 2hb for that very reason.  I wouldn't use it to DPS with, but it's a nice tanking tool.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Dummkopf

Well, with OoW we got 2 AA sets that make 2hb even more useless. Slippery Attacks removes ripostes to offhand attacks completely if maxed and another one lowers or removes (havent seen parses yet) the damage shield damage you take on offhand attacks. Those might be considered pretty much the best tanking aas for dualwielding classes (outside war of course, they have other stuff too).

So if you have a pretty good dualwield setup i wouldnt even thing about 2hb anymore, just get a few aas and you wont lose dps and still tank a lot better.