Main Menu

Horse

Started by Agaron, April 30, 2005, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agaron

i want to ask if a horse is necesarry for beastlords
cause i hope the regen will help much...

Grbage

If you are going to play pet cleric, then yes a horse will help but is not necessary. The pet generates enough hate that you can sit down after a couple of procs going off and the mob will never look at you again. This mainly a tactic lower level bst use.

Truth is as we level you will be losing out on to much DPS if you are sitting on your can medding instead of fighting. Most bst are in there mixing it up with the mob and at that time a mount will be more of a disadvantage to you. As an example, my pet is around 1/3 of my total DPS. Only time I will sit out a fight is if I happen to be OOM and playing the main slower.

If you do decide to get a mount, grab a droga instead in Gulf of Gunthak. Horse model leaves this head and ears blocking part of your screen, very irritating.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Lizsolo

Only time I've really used a horse was when I was grinding in aggro-kite groups (such as PoV after 55 and HoH at 62) back when I was first leveling up.  Well, I did have a bard speed horse for a while just to make running around quicker, but I sold it back when I was twinking up another alt...

Used to use it back in the LDoN days while buffing up a group, but haven't really done much LDoN lately.

The head/ears thing on horses seems to pretty much gone away -- or, with a single shrink, they disappear.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

sunkash

A horse, if you can afford one, is really a great thing to have. You can buff and still regen HP/Mana as if you are sitting. Really helps during raid buffing SD, especially after a wipe, when you have 10-12 groups to buff. Contrary to what's written, it's possible to fight just fine while sitting, though a shrink helps... normally I only do this when solo'ing, looks because it looks awkward, but works just fine. I normally fight using overhead view, don't think too many ppl do this, but you can see your mob just fine, melle and kick work same as standing, only two things I've noticed you can't do on a horse are 'bind wound' and 'beg', never had an issue looting. Solo'ing while on your mount, the whole time.. pulling and fighting, you will notice you have a lot more mana, then you would otherwise. Seru was kind enough to give me his bridle, so I use my horse to med while going from one of my solo spots to join group/raid, and really helps out a lot. If you do get one, I'd say get one at least shrew speed, or better. Not sure I could handle all the bouncing around from a drog, but some ppl do manage to, personal preference.

Beestyall

Necessary?  No
I would get one only if you spend time with Agro kiters as mentioned above (plus tables in PoF) or if you are the only BL on raids and don't want to waste MGB on SD/SA/etc.

Oneiromancer

Unfortunately the mana regen doesn't work while your auto-attack is on.  If you're fighting stuff that you need to rest a lot in-between, then it can definitely help, but honestly it shouldn't make that big of a difference if you're chain pulling.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

sunkash

Really? If your chain pulling riding your horse, the mana regen I do believe does work just fine as if you were sitting... I didn't mean to imply you get the mana regen while you were fighting.

Sorien

Horses are good if you are farming stuff.  Makes it so you don't have to go on those annyoning sell trips before your finished farming.

Latang

I wouldn't be without my chain horse. So much so that I have a giant drogmor sitting in the bank in case of corpse runs... but that's only for the movement thing. I hate running places, the trip from EJ to Old Sebilis is unbearable without fast horse. Any large outdoor zone makes me sad if I can't use a horse. ... I love my horse... and my drogmor... specially when it's cold and lonely and my warder isn't speaking to me cause I let him die to enrage or something....

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Oneiromancer

Quote from: sunkash on May 02, 2005, 07:51:10 PM
Really? If your chain pulling riding your horse, the mana regen I do believe does work just fine as if you were sitting... I didn't mean to imply you get the mana regen while you were fighting.

If you're truly chain pulling, you'll have 1-3 ticks or so between each mob to get the additional mana regen.  Doesn't seem like that big a difference to me at all.

I'm not saying a truly fast horse isn't useful for the speed, or any horse for a pet clericing BST, but I don't think a BST who fights alongside their warder will get much benefit from being on a horse while fighting.  I tried it myself for a while, and sold the bridle back after a few months.  Only actually used the bridle the first few weeks before I realized that it wasn't useful for what I wanted.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired