Main Menu

Waist or Back for Haste?

Started by Aggy, January 14, 2004, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorrogtr T`A

Holy crap Atropine, how'd you get a Crown of Narandi / Stonehide Bracer / Staff of Flowing Water at 55? Damn uber Beastlord twinks taking over the world now, its sad.  :( In fact, I've never seen ONE Crown of Narandi in the 1 and a half month's that I've been here... being sold on Veeshan. Or.. or.. you must've did the 10th Ring War and ninja looted the Crown? Yeah! That could be it... erm, kk im finished. That's a sick twink though.  :twisted:

Dorrogtr T`A

I know im doing a double post but I'd like to add another Cloak to Atropine's list... here it is, I use one. :oops:

Silken Cape of Exploration (From Nurga Prisoner Quest)

Kerath

QuoteNah - 1.5% isn't enough to make you say "gimme the haste cloak!"

Also remember that the 1.5% figure is only an increase of your personal melee damage which when soloing is less than 50% of my overall damage when adding in pet damage, proc's and nukes/dots.
Kerath A'klawwn - Feral Lord <Stromm>

Ratrass

If you intention is to get into the high end game, looking into haste options other than belt/back is really important.  I have passed on looting some VERY nice back/belt items because I was still using a haste belt from Vox...and I didnt want to loot something that would force me to limit my options or cause me to have to retire a nice piece of gear later.

This weekend I won a Wrist of Rathe, and now I realize instead of deciding between back/belt, I can now have an awesome item in both.
Ratrass ChinchillaFang
65 Beastlord
Karana

UnrulyKitten

I agree about considering other slots... that's why I am creating my very own range slot haste item with LDoN items. Here is what it will look like when it is complete:

Ancient Sand Gem
RANGE
AC:9, Dex:8, Wis:14, Int:8, HP:75, Mana:75, FR:12, DR:12
Slot 1: Diamond Prism of Companions, Effect: Summoner'sBoon
Slot 2: Flawless Grey Jewel of Knowledge
Slot 3: Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead, Effect: Haste 36%

Just need 400 more points in MMC and will have it all set!

This will free up both the back slot and waist for substantially nicer items than any regular haste item you can get. Well, I think so anyway :)

Unruly

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Junaru

A level 54 Bard can do 60% haste by himself..
Vilia's Chorus of Celerity http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=1757&c=1&ForumID=86
and
Battlecry of the Vah Shir http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=2606&c=1&ForumID=80

A 65 Bard is going to do 90% by himself and bring you over the cap..

Warsong of Zek http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=3374&c=1&ForumID=115
And
Call of the Muse http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=4112&c=1&ForumID=131

With a 34% Haste you will be at 124% (130% is the max with a Bard in your group)..

Just wanted to point that out in case your choices were mostly based on who you group with.
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Soriab

Personall use right now I bought the Soulscream Belt at 31% haste.

I use my epic unless I am using my ReBB.

what I am waiting for is Mithaniel Marr's Belt.

Valiant Belt of Fallen Heroes
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: WAIST  
AC: 15
STR: +12  DEX: +12  STA: +15  WIS: +12  
INT: +12  HP: +125  MANA: +125  SV DISEASE: +20  
SV POISON: +20
Recommended level of 61.
Effect: Haste (Worn)
WT:  0.5    Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD DRU MNK BRD ROG SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 7: empty

Going for Corvinares waist when we get ot him.

Double Woven Kelp Cord
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: WRIST  ARMS  WAIST  
AC: 20
DEX: +20  STA: +25  WIS: +15  INT: +15  
HP: +145  MANA: +145  SV FIRE: +30  SV MAGIC: +7  
SV POISON: +7
Required level of 65.
Effect: Haste (Worn)
WT:  0.3    Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD MNK BRD ROG BST
Race: ALL

Hrann

My upgrade path leaves very little room atm.  I currently have 36% back haste, and am looking to completely maximize the use of every slot I have.  My guild does not raid much so that limits me.

Belt haste would mean throwing out my Ax Belt, which I like.  Besides, I hate sideways swap outs - I always try to make it an upgrade.  Head haste would mean giving up my ornate, which with Plainsight is a huge convenience for my barbarian self.  My rings and earrings are set, and I am going for mucus stuff in many other areas.  My range is EE4 and Summoner's Boon.  

I do need to get rid of my back haste though, because I'm looking for an ID4 item.  The war crested ring was my first choice, but I already have nice rings.  So I've settled on the Anger of E'ci item, Raintravellers Overcloak, which is dropped by a mob my guild sometimes does.  But if I get lucky enough to get that, I need haste elsewhere, preferrably an upgrade.  My guild does Doomshade, but both my earrings are FT1, and I'd prefer not to replace them with his 41% haste ear.  So I've decided on shooting for the Woven Slim Choker, off of Xanamech, whom my guild does do rarely.

Just thought I'd lend my thoughts, in case it gives anyone ideas.  Hopefully my guild will start doing Xanamech and Jeplak a lot more ;)

miandaber

I was looking for upgrades this weekend and I was wondering about the same thing myself last night. I have a CoCW and belt of great turtle.

My goal is to get my atk rating as high as possible. At the time I didn't see anything in the bazaar(that i could afford) to justify changing the combo.
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Aubre

Predator Aubre Tigre
Wildblood of Mithril Web
Lanys T'vyl Server

Aggy

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.  The reason I don't want to go with a Cowl for head slow haste is because I would prefer a Narandi to a Cowl - the AC/HP/FT is pretty tough to beat as far as droppable gear is concerned.

:)

I'm enjoying not being in a guild right now - I'm only playing about 10-15 hours a week and its ncie to have time to myself when I do get a chance to log in.  I do miss the comraderie of beign in a guild, but I don't miss all of the in-fighting, the childish BS in guild chat and all of the arguing and moaning....I don't miss THAT stuff at ALL.
;)

Dorrogtr T`A

Bah!!! Aubre has my old Avatar  :(  /sigh...  || WTT CCoM, Bloodmetal Earring of Engagement, Storm Volaas Hair, War Wraith Blood X2, And 68.7k for a Crown of Narandi!!!

--Just a note: I'm trading my CCoM's Haste for a Cloak of Flames, just so that I can get the FT2 on the Crown  :) I hope I get it soon.

Dakat

QuoteJunaru Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A level 54 Bard can do 60% haste by himself..
Vilia's Chorus of Celerity http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=1757&c=1&ForumID=86
and
Battlecry of the Vah Shir http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=2606&c=1&ForumID=80

A 65 Bard is going to do 90% by himself and bring you over the cap..

Warsong of Zek http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=3374&c=1&ForumID=115
And
Call of the Muse http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=4112&c=1&ForumID=131

With a 34% Haste you will be at 124% (130% is the max with a Bard in your group)..

Just wanted to point that out in case your choices were mostly based on who you group with.

If I remember correctly, Battlecry does not give haste. It basically increases the haste cap by 15% of max. So at level 60 with haste cap at 100%, playing Battlecry makes the cap 115%. Call of the Muse is an upgrade to Battlecry, but does the same thing.

Tenal

Without a doubt one of the best haste items for a beastlord is the Wrsitband of the Rathe...  though till most become elemental or play more seriously and intense, I would stick to a 31% haste item unless one happened to fall into my lap.

Most items which carry haste of 31% or higher on my server and which are droppable right now are ridiculously high in price.  Where you have two decent such items, I would if I was in your shoes, sell one or the other, and take the money and invest in something which enhances more stats.  If I remember correctly at your level we can almost max out all stats except wisdom and AGI.

Another thing one can do is utilize the excel chart which is somewhere on here to help decide which is best haste weapons combo for you...  I did that and it was interesting to see what the numbers were with the items I plugged in for pure Melee damage.
Tenal Predator
[/url]