and the... from MMC for 1150

Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead
Lore, Effect: 36% Haste(worn)

and you end up with this...

Belt of Grey Flesh
AC:8, Sta:12, Wis:18, Int:10, Agi:10, Cha 8, HP:55, Mana:45
Effect: 36% Haste(worn)
<< 66th lvl Beastlord <--- Magelo >>

"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger"
Confucius

Junaru

Quote from: Dakat
QuoteJunaru Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A level 54 Bard can do 60% haste by himself..
Vilia's Chorus of Celerity http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=1757&c=1&ForumID=86
and
Battlecry of the Vah Shir http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=2606&c=1&ForumID=80

A 65 Bard is going to do 90% by himself and bring you over the cap..

Warsong of Zek http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=3374&c=1&ForumID=115
And
Call of the Muse http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=4112&c=1&ForumID=131

With a 34% Haste you will be at 124% (130% is the max with a Bard in your group)..

Just wanted to point that out in case your choices were mostly based on who you group with.

If I remember correctly, Battlecry does not give haste. It basically increases the haste cap by 15% of max. So at level 60 with haste cap at 100%, playing Battlecry makes the cap 115%. Call of the Muse is an upgrade to Battlecry, but does the same thing.

I'm not sure where you got your info from but it's wrong. I've played 3 Bards now and have since Kunark. I have over 1700 posts on eqdiva.com I can confirm without a doubt that Battlecry of the Vah Shir, Warsong of the Vah Shir and Call of the Muse all do add haste and are the only songs/spells that can break the haste cap. Also they stack with every form of haste except the other 2 (warsong doesn't stack with muse or battle cry etc etc).
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Aggy

Thanks for the bard info, Juna!  I've played all of the melee classes EXCEPT for bard - my wrists are bad enough from my job, thanks!
:)

I think that there is an aura of ignorance that surrounds the average player's understanding of what a bard can do...but I think anybody that has played for a while can certainly attest to the fact that a well-played bard is a VERY cool person to have in your group or on your raid.

Junaru

Quote from: AggyThanks for the bard info, Juna!  I've played all of the melee classes EXCEPT for bard - my wrists are bad enough from my job, thanks!

I think that there is an aura of ignorance that surrounds the average player's understanding of what a bard can do...but I think anybody that has played for a while can certainly attest to the fact that a well-played bard is a VERY cool person to have in your group or on your raid.

You are welcome. I just wanted to make sure you didn't go off wrong info and since I've played the class so much it was 1st hand knowledge to give.

A well played Bard is really and insane thing. I love the class so much I have 1 on S-Zek (retired) 1 on FV and one on A.Ro.. You are right though alot of people don't understand the Bard class.. You would be amazed how many times I hear "I didn't know Bards could do that.". It really is fun amazing people with the things a Bard can do..

But after years of playing my Bard I have fell in love with the pure power of the Beastlord. My Bard could/can't stand toe to toe with ANYTHING but my Beastlord loves to mix it up. I guess thats why my Beastlord tends to be all about AC and HPS.. I like getting in the mobs face.. :)
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Aggy

The grass is always green for me in the next pasture over...until I arrived at the BL pasture, where I enjoy the variety of the class like no other...but I guess I have said that before, too.

Warrl

something else to consider if your guild is on CoV faction might want to look into the quest bracer Silver baracelet of speed it is bst usable and would require some serious Hov raids but 38 ac str 10 stam 10 wis 10 int 10 5 to all saves 100hp 41% haste wrist slot
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium

Aggy

We used to spend a LOT of time in ToV and I am hear to tell you those drops for the COV quests (including the haste bracer) are RARE RARE RARE.

Did I mention they were rare drops??

Warrl

hhhmmmm guess we been lucky then LOL since every raid we do in HoT lands us at least 2 or three different symbols and we keep a watch for Dozer for the tears. Dozer is the hardest part of the quests as he is highly sought and is the only mob to drop the tears.
Warrl Loreweaver
70 Feral Lord
CT Praxium