Main Menu

A little stuck

Started by Aaack, January 16, 2004, 03:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaack

Hey all,
First, thanks for all the info these boards have provided and to those that keep us up and running.
Lately, it seems I am a bit mired in the grind and trying to get enough money to buy upgrades.
I'm not sure if better gear is the way to go or to keep pounding out exp to 65 or to AA.
I recently hit 64 and am one of about 7 guild members in our 60s.  We have not started raiding POP and have mainly been plugging away at epics and such.
Most of my time is spent solo as I have a 3 month old daughter and may be called away at any moment.  I love LDoN, but have a hard time commiting to a group.
I average about 2k a week in plat as far as cash flow.
I've also been wearing my PSC sisce the 30s and wondering if i should switch it out?
Oh, I've been tradeskilling to get to the 7th shawl as well, on the 6th ATM.
Anyway, any ideas as far as what to do to get away from killing mushrooms for hours on end, gear upgrades, quests or small guild raid ideas would be great.

THanks again! :D

Aneya

Can try soloing PoJ or Torgiran for xp and AA if you want a change of scenery. Grimling forest and ACrylia Caverns are also good pp if you can sell the acrylia in bazaar. I've made 7k in Grimling forest over a weekend once in rune drops alone.

No real need to switch out PSC unless you want an ornate bp or something.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Atropine_BB

Yep, your gear looks pretty good to me.  My advice to you would be this...  Keep working on your 7th and 8th shawls.  Fairly easy to obtain, just very time consuming.  It is however a nice way to get away from the grind.  When you are grinding out XP and AA, make sure to do your best to grind in BoT or if you are flagged, Tactics.  Hopefully you can pick up some ornate leather patterns while getting good XP.

Other than that, best thing to do if you are getting burned out is to work on quests.  You may want to consider doing the spirit wracked cord quest.  It's a really nice old world item that fits in 3 different slots.

Spirit Wracked Cords

Anyway, good luck!
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Aaack

Nice, that quest looks fun.  Any idea how much factioning I'll have to do after killed sarnaks for a week getting my gate hammer?
Also, I've been meaning to check out nurga, I haven't been there since the revamp.  Are the quest NPCs found often already freed.  In other words, is it common that you loot the turn in items and happen to find the reward giving NPC up at his loc, in their hometowns?

Thanks for the replies! I love you guys 8)

Kirinicus

As far as I know, once a slave has been freed he is free for good, or at least until server reset. I have personally done two hand-ins to one of the LoIO NPC's back-to-back. Go to the zone and look is the best thing I can tell you.

As to the zone itself, it's awesome. I am at 62 now and have been grinding away in Nurga/Droga for about 1 month. During this time I have made a good amount of AAs and a lot of money, enough to buy a few good items. Best part about it is that it's quiet, easy, and you don't have to deal with the morons that populate most of EQ, or at least most of Torvonillous.
Elder Kirinicus Kittensummoner
Feral Lord of Torvonnilous.

And when he gets to heaven,
to Saint Peter he will tell;
Just another soldier reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Noriko

Plan your upgrade with LDoN in mind. For lack of a better word, LDoN gears are free.  Just keep hacking at it and you'll get the goodies eventually. Many of the good stuff are on par with PoP gears .Some even approraches EP level.

Save your pp for spells instead.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X