Main Menu

Which Focus do I lose.....

Started by Adruger, August 28, 2007, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adruger

I got the TSS arms last night, unfortunately they were a GM/LB item.  So now I have to chose which focus to lose. 

At one time I had all 8 slots with Last Bloods, as time went on I swapped them around so whenever I got a new piece of gear I could use the focus that made the most sense at that time.  However now I am down to just 2 GM items, and 3 focuses which I considered to be important.  So which would you advise I lose:

Imp Dodge 3 - How much does this help in avoiding damage?
Ferocity 5 - I have a Fero 3 item on anyway, so the loss would be from Fero 5 down to Fero 3, how big of a dps hit will this be?
Poison Focus - For obvious reasons, I use the poison nuke more than any other nuke, so would the loss of this focus be more than the difference in fero?

Whatever I retire, will be the next focus I try to pick up on raids anyway, but in the short term something has to go in the bank.

Maylian

I have had exactly the same problem as you over the last week. Personally I would drop poison focus since the ring from FC2 isn't too rare and is normally reasonably cheap, Fero 7 and Dodge items in my experience are normally very expensive since most people can use.

Although the problem you will face with getting poison focus ring is that it will create problems getting dodge 4/5 from TSS as I only know Slayer's Skullband that has the same focus.

hokarz

What's your primary role in a raid? To tank? I think not. I'd lose the dodge3. If you are dps like most beasts, you are going to need to keep all the dps increasing focus's you can manage.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Adruger

That was the advice I got from another bst on the server.  However it is a noticable difference taking it out.  As it is now I somehow end up in HOTT on raids more than I like, so not dodging a couple hits may hurt my dps more than losing the poison focus does. So for now I switched out the poison and put the dodge back in.  My next purchase will be for one of those 3 focuses so hopefully it shouldn't be that long before its a moot point.

Adruger

I turned on IMP DMG tribute, so I don't lose as much of the poison focus as I might have otherwise, at least until I can get the ring in FC.