Main Menu

Tribute Camps

Started by Gremkin, May 20, 2004, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremkin

Here's a question for all you soloer's out there:

What items, if any, do you camp for the purposes of turning in for Tribute points?  For example, I recall reading somewhere (probably in these forums) about a sword or somesuch that's worth 10k, and is not all that difficult to acquire.

In the past, I have done the lucy/bazaar thing to turn my cash into (on average) double its value in tribute points, but I would like to hear about soloable items that provide high-value RvR tribute.

Any thoughts?
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Chubaka

Griegs is the Sword of Insanity. 10,900 points
Gloves and mantle in griegs is 750 points, and mantle is 1910 points.  Or thereabouts.
There is also some greaves deeper in off a named that are 12k.

I got some bst/dru/mnk greaves off a named in sirens that went for 12k. Forget what they are called.  All the woven kelp crap has like 1k return.

I solo mostly in sirens now and I have 5 tributes running non-stop.  FT5, Regen10, Mana Pres IV, Vengeance 10 and Enduring Breath.  about 180 (If i remember) points burned every 10 minutes and I am actually making more tribute points than I am spending.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Gatito

Howling Stones is a good spot, too.  Lots of droppable gear drops there that give 1k+ in tribute.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Chackra

On a semi-related note, is GoD worth buying now?  The tribute items you've mentioned aren't selling for squat in the Bazzaar right now, so I would like to have a use for them.  What about the zone "re-tuning"?  Are there any good soloing spots there now?

Chubaka

I havent been in a GoD zone yet.
But.......

I have Weapon Afinity 1, Warder Alacrity 1 and Warder Fury 1. hehehe.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Gremkin

Thanks for the info, guys.  I've recently begun farting around in HS, just for something different to do... just need the container from the east wing to complete my master key, will probably get that today sometime.  Fun place!

WRT GoD, I didn't think much of it for the first while I had it, but recently I got on to the tribute effects, and I'm loving it.  FT5, Veng X, Regen X, MP4... for virtually next to no cost... can't go wrong!  Depending on your server's economy, you can translate platinum into twice or three times its value in tribute without much difficulty at all.

As far as soloing goes, I've farmed the hp aug in Natimbi, and tried my hand in Riwwi since the "retune."  Riwwi was still a little too rough for me, but it was at least doable, whereas before it wasn't at all.  I haven't tried Barindu or Qinimi yet, but I imagine Qinimi wouldn't be very difficult at all anymore.  Ferubi is still very mean.   :P   It's that damn Chaos Claws proc that nearly everything has that will eat you up in seconds; I don't care what they said in the patch notes, it still goes off way too often for my liking.

Oh, that reminds me.... might as well to continue to derail my own thread...  does anybody know why that proc persists, and what it's doing to me while I have it?  Lucy isn't very clear on what is happening.

ShaitynAB

A few items that net much higher tribute points than what they currently cost on AB in the bazaar.

Thunderous Drum of Karana, costs ~2500 pp on AB, nets 16Kish tp.
Delightful Orb, ~ 4K, yields 17Kish tp.

I just spent 5K on 2 TDoK's and got 32K tps, which will keep me in Regen X and FT V for a decent amount of time.  6 tribute points per pp spent was worth the trade for me.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Gremkin

Prices are still rather ridiculous on Stromm, but on average I can net 2-3 tribute points per 1pp by searching out items in the bazaar.  DOoFM still sells too high to be worthwhile, but other things such as the drum often sell cheaply enough to be worth my while.  I have found my greatest source of "bazaar-purchased" tribute points to be common drop items from Tier 2/3 planes like BoT and Tactics.

Voredor

I noticed with Chaos Claws proc effect on me I was regenning less hp, so must be a small dot or something on it.
Venerable <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=168744&resize=true" target=_new>Voredor Wamphyri</a> of Ayonae Ro

a_moss_snake_001

Chaos Claws... grumble grumble.. stupid.. chromatic piece of s***....

Yes its a small DoT, it is also a proc that does more damage the higher level the mobs are that use it. It is pretty brutal when in the higher tier GoD zones.

Even though it is supposedly 'chromatic/prismatic' I have still noticed HUGE improvements in my resist rate when I pump up PR with Shadoo and Fero and a few choice pieces of equipment. Hopefully once I am L70 and hitting GoD at the level it was designed for I will resist all those horrid procs more often.

Hey there is an idea for a new BST AA, give us an AA that either a) lets us use Chaos Claws as an attack (aka Feral Swipe) or b) gives the pet a chance to proc Chaos Claws ;)

Still waiting on the first player weapons to be discovered with this proc on them :) You just KNOW its going to happen ;)

a_moss_snake_001

Best tribute farming that I know of:-

- Sirens Grotto
- Griegs End
- Howling Stones (Charasis) and some Old Sebilis junk
- Hard LDoN junk
- BoT junk

I have noticed weapons tend to be worth the most points when tributing. The common and lame Trueborn Dagger of the Dark from BBM high-risk LDoN is worth a helluva lot of TP. I don't let them rot anymore ;)

For soloing you'll probably get the best overall tribute rewards from SG (though its tougher to solo than GE and the kunark zones).

I only turn tribute affects on when I raid, do a hard LDoN or go to GoD. The FT5 buff can't really be argued with though and if i had to choose one t-affect that would be on me all the time that would be the one.