Main Menu

Hrm.... my mind thinking im a little stronger than I am?

Started by Vidyne, May 31, 2004, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

Thought about.. soloing Va'Dyn in AR and SoL in Grieg's a while back, or trying.

Tried to do Va'Dyn but couldnt clear fast enough to quite make it to where I could pet pull him.

SoL wasnt up.

Just wondering if im crazy or do we actually have a shot at soloing these if around 6200hp buffed, and 170aa.

Va'Dyn is hard to clear to and id need another I think just to get to him.

SoL is easy to clear to, but the door is locked... have seen people pull him through the door, but what key is for that door?  Grieg's key?

SoL has alot weaker melee than Va Dyn, but he procs that annoying 500/tick dot.

neight

It's been a while, but if I'm remembering Va`Dyn correctly, he has the usual ridiculous amount of hp found on luclin, and flurries like it's going out of style. I wouldn't think he'd be soloable, unless you plan to spend an hour doing it.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Tastian

I'd be impressed with either.  I've two boxed va dyn a few times to get orbs for people and there's no way I could solo.  He flurrys, hits modestly hard and resists slow enough to mention.  He has a ton of hps and will just wear you down imo.

SoL arg posted about not too long ago and I don't really see as viable currently either.  Not much to lose by trying and I enjoy good solo attempts myself, so let us know how it goes.  8)

Urim

Va'Dyn i would not think soloable with that many hp. As previous posters stated he flurries alot and it takes a while to get slow to land. This coupled with the fact that you would have to pull out all stops in order to kill to him that would leave you probably with less than desirable mana and with Va'Dyns hp you would need all the mana you had and then some in order to keep yourself alive. PLus all the trouble of actually getting him single.

SoL, i honestly can't remember fighting him at all, although i know i have, so no clue on that.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Dysz

I tried doing va'dyn with 4 people a while back, with me as MT.  I didn't have the hp I do now, or the FT or defensive AA's, etc.  but we needed a group to do it, with a realtank (tm) and he has an insane amount of hp's, as mentioned before.  Plus, you have to deal with respawns.  Pretty much a PITA on the whole, for mediocre loot also.
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Mestarn

Vadynn might be soloable by someone extremely uber as he isnt that hard to slow i've killed him atleast 25 times with a bunch of friends and his  dps is poor and he flurry next to nothing. SoL however has allot higher damage output he flurry allot and the dot is 400 per tick if i remeber correctly.

here a trick i usually use to kill vadynn...
clear the centi to the big room with the statue of  Athen send a druid or wiz with sow and exodus to aggro the whole room  wait at the stairs and tag vadynn with slow, pull him all the way back to zone in and have the druid/wiz exodus and you can kill him there without any adds/respawns  screwing things up.

SoL
pretty straight forward so no trick will help i assume everyone knows that he can be pulled trough the wall with /target but there isnt really any point anymore since the keys drops from every named on the second floor.

Vidyne

Didnt think either would be....
SoL's dot alone seems to make him a ...

Va Dyn is a wimp... but hes 1000 wimps in one.

Ended up bringing mini raid of 10 and we had no trouble pulling Va Dyn after clearing to the SW corenr of the room before his and killing him there, where the shrouded anister(sp?) spawns.

Didnt take too long, seemd like 1% every tick or so, maybe every 2 ticks.

Shaman
Shaman
Cleric
SK
SK(64)
Bard(60)
Monk
Monk
Bst(me)
Chanter

Argach

SoL can't be done solo with 6.2k buffed beastlord - I was 6k unbuffed and there's no way I could solo him. He can proc the 500/tick dot on every melee hit and ~350 PR allowed me to resist it only 15-20% of the time. Was about 8 min fight with me doing 175 dps and a AM3/EQ ranger with PoEarth bow disc'ing.

I guess a 7-8k unbuffed beastlord with 450+ PR and/or some DoT shielding, avoidance, max heal AAs and IH4 or better might be able to solo him.

Vahaus Warder

SoL don't try he hurts a lot. Va'Dyn not sure I haven't tired him solo, I know I can duel box him with a 61 Druid though. I'm sure I couldn't have solo'd him.

Konji

Vahaus Warder

Konji your one of the most equiped beastlords I've seen, try SoL and let us know how it goes.

Koullyn

Have done Va`Dyn with a group of 3 before. Tank, me and cleric. The fight was almost 30 minutes with as many HP as he has, somewhere around 100-150k plus his regen. Doing it solo would be a serious feat without a mount I think.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Argach

There's a huge difference between his dual-wield and normal dps, btw, so if yer going to try him check he isn't dw'ing Lurid Daggers. And if ye get a key and fight him in his own room ye don't have to worry about respawn. He is dubious so moving to his room is not a problem. Think the non-DW SoL was doing on me (1500 ac, 320 PR, all defensive AAs but no shielding or avoidance) around 180 dps, DW SoL 270 dps.

Good luck!