Main Menu

Just a fun spot in PoN

Started by Zatrik, June 24, 2004, 01:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zatrik

I don't know if this works on PC, though I don't see why it wouldn't, and I didn't see it listed.  There's a camp in PoN that can get you 5% aaxp a kill solo, and there's a dropped bow that can sell for quite a bit (I sold one for 3k on my server).  Anyway, all you do is go to the hedge and talk to the erudite NPC (Therin Poxbourne I think).  You need to be preflagged for the Lair of Terris Thule event to do this.  Follow through dialogue and eventually he'll port you inside of an instanced maze.

The maze is used for an event for 18 people to get flagged for Terris Thule access.  But if you don't talk to Therin once you're inside of the maze, the event won't start.  Now you can run around and look for mobs to kill, there won't be as many without the event started so sometimes it may take you awhile to find them.  The mobs are nightstalkers, and dire visages, both hit like 450ish and they enrage and summon, but just a straight up fight.  They have a lot of hps, so I would use poison and some nukes, they bounce disease too much to be worth it.  The nightstalkers drop twisted longbows which are like 32/36 bows, better ratio than nightmarewood but without a proc.

This probably isn't as efficient as some camps (on my server because of the con nerf though, I can only xp in PoP, and tier2+ is broken), and I'm sure on PC you probably have access to faster xp camps.  It's actually not too fast for me cause my gear and AAs are so anemic, however it's a lot of fun and you don't have to worry about trains and adds aren't really a problem if you're fighting the right spawns.  In fact fighting at the hedge pulling trash by the zoneout would be faster, but this is kind of fun.  I'm sure you could duo this, but there probably wouldn't be enough mobs to make it worthwhile.

Also you need a gate potion to get out, and there's no way to get anyone in your maze.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Tastian

hehe old shaman hunting spot.  8)  It's decent and since there's 3 "instances" you aren't really blocking anyone else that is doing for progression these days.  You don't need to be flagged for PoNb though, just need to have done the pre-flag hails in sick-bay and then talk to TP at hedge.  Ribbon also drops there and gems, but it's been too long.  8(  Biggest upside though is no trains or KS.  

Old shammy link:
http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/showthread.php?threadid=14900

Chubaka

Can't you just camp out?  When you log back in you will be ported out cause the instancec is over? Like if you lose connection in an LDoN and they finish it without you?
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

rorith

It's not a true 'instance'. It just ports you to another location in the zone.

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Chubaka

Zatrik why don't you sell those Boots of Flowing Slime for a truckload and get yourself some khati Sha boots?  Is it cause of the PoP mess up on your server?
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo

Oneiromancer

I don't think they can access any zones that drop Ornate...even getting SPs is a problem on the Mac server.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Zatrik

Quote from: ChubakaZatrik why don't you sell those Boots of Flowing Slime for a truckload and get yourself some khati Sha boots?  Is it cause of the PoP mess up on your server?

1) Because there's nobody that would pay enough for them.
2) There's nothing I could buy if I sold them.
3) Ornate doesn't drop on my server since we're limited to tier1
4) Even if we had ornate, the clickies and focus effects aren't on our armor (strange bug from early PoP)

About spectrals, actually our GM gives us 10 spectrals and 10 runes when we hit 65, so I have all my PoP spells actually.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Chubaka

Quote from: Zatrik
Quote from: ChubakaZatrik why don't you sell those Boots of Flowing Slime for a truckload and get yourself some khati Sha boots?  Is it cause of the PoP mess up on your server?

1) Because there's nobody that would pay enough for them.
2) There's nothing I could buy if I sold them.
3) Ornate doesn't drop on my server since we're limited to tier1
4) Even if we had ornate, the clickies and focus effects aren't on our armor (strange bug from early PoP)

About spectrals, actually our GM gives us 10 spectrals and 10 runes when we hit 65, so I have all my PoP spells actually.

WOW! That sucks. And people complain about pet shrink............
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo