Main Menu

How efficient is aa exp in the planes?

Started by Skullet Crossbones, June 25, 2004, 01:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullet Crossbones

I usually kill for AA exp. in griegs end or temple of droga, rarely have i fought in PoP planes solo. Ive read alot of posts here about people fighting in innovation, nightmare and such and am wondering if this planar AA exp is more efficient or about the same as griegs or droga? i tried disease and the trees in storms and the kills seemed very slow. In your opinion if the AA exp CAN be more efficient in some of the planes can you give me a few examples of some spots please (more than 1% per kill)?

thanks for any suggestions or comments  :D

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Tastian

For you it's likely to depend on kill rate.  Most beastlord solo'n is tied to kill rate.  You could kill some mobs that gave ~5% a kill, but it'd be slow and risky.  You can 1-2% AA a kill off tier 1 stuff, but again you run into the issue of kill rate.  I don't know how fast you go where you hunt, or how high your dps is.  You can definitely get more than 1% per kill, but whether the kill rate would make that better or not I don't know.  

PoI -  I usually just go down the left track and kill stuff.  Easy single pulls most of the time.  Can get an unslowable mob so be ready if it happens.  If you have the key (or if someone will let you in) the factory is usually better experience.

PoD -  I don't care for, but you can set up by the lightcrawler wall, or just snipe stray trash by a zone wall.

PoN -  You can go kill treants just past the zone in, or wander near river doing blood ravens.  "The hedge" is fairly decent with wraiths/banshees and not too hard, but mobs can hit up around 300(ish) as I recall.  Also you can try actually doing a hedge instance, but mobs hit harder there, however, they have better drops.  There's a few threads on this now.

PoJ - This is about kill rate too.  There are a few different spots where you can mow down db/lb mobs and if your kill rate is good it's decent exp.  I think I could do an AA in PoJ in under an hour and a half last I went, but it's been awhile.

Oh yeah and there are groups too.  8P  Some I wouldn't suggest to anyone lol, but some groups in spots like BoT (bleh), tactics, HoH, etc can yield nice exp and get you an AA an hour or so.  Again though I don't know how good droga and other spots are being to you hehe.

Chubaka

Totally Tastian.  Kill rate is king and Griegs is the best I have found so far.  With my bazaar gear I can kill one in griegs in under 1 minute.  Zero downtime, with KEI and paragon anyway.  60% per hour.  1hr 40min per AA.  

I am close to that in Sirens now that I know the zone well and have a good pattern to follow.

Both Sirens and Griegs are 1.5% exp per kill.  Planar mobs have so much more hit points and hit much harder.  It just doesn't add up for me.

Now if your ele / time geared, you can probably get a faster kill rate in the planes but in theory, places like Griegs should even be better sincee it should only take 30 seconds to kill one.  1 hour per AA should be possible solo.  

And in both zones, 1 exp session can net you a nice bank of trribute points.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Aneya

For me, PoN is 9% every 5 kills practacly no loot though. I prefer GE and SG. Collecting interesting drops helps break up the monotony.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Oneiromancer

Torgiran is between 1% and 2% per kill, and they die faster (in my opinion) than the mobs in Grieg's End.  You also don't have to deal with any casters at all if you don't want to, and the potential for a FT1 item is better than what you can get in Grieg's.  Can't really compare to SG though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Bananea

Did they nerf Grieg's End mob HP? Used to have enormous overcons

Oneiromancer

I don't think that the GE mobs have too many HP...however, I'm comparing them to the mobs in Torgiran, and since LoY mobs are said to have too many hp for their con, I'm probably not the best person to judge this.

GE mostly annoys be because there are many more mobs that can Annul you than in Torgiran, so it's a real pain to lose KEI or 9 or Virtue on the first mob...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

zaab

I 2 box at the SS (south shrine) camp in HoH with my cleric.   I get 6% AA per kill (not grouped with cleric) in under 2 minutes each.  By the time I have cleared the 12 mobs in the camp, the first has started to repop.  I also get about 1kp in vendor drops and 1-5 spectrals and a few ethereals which I /ooc for anyone to pick up.  Unless you are better geared than I am, soloing would be a bit rough as there are 3 sets of mobs that need to be split.  I just pull both and have no problems with cleric chain SEing.  I have also done the SS camp with my druid as partner, and it is a bit easier as harmony makes the spits much easier, and he has no problems keeping me healed.

a_moss_snake_001

Solo xp I do:
PoI, GE, SG, HS (south and east wings), Torgiran/Nadox/Hates Fury/Wavecrasher, PoMischief

Avg XP: 1-3%

Duo xp (with druid) I do:
BoT (stormriders), GoD sewer trials (2 & 3), HoH (shrines), PoD (spider and ratmen), PoN (hobgoblins), PoV (inner)

Avg XP: 3-5%

Group xp I do:
GoD sewer trial 1 (equiv xp rate to PoEarth), LDoN high risk, BoT (tables, s-top, towers)

Avg XP: 3-5%

Best for a quick solo run I have found is PoI. Simply work your way left to the factory, clean out factory tin soldiers, exit and kill stuff at the bottom  of the ramp until the tin soldiers guarding the entrance re-spawn, repeat factory. Fast kills due to low HP/AC, hit like boyscouts, can single pull 95% of the time and theres a LOT of easily accessible mobs with a fast respawn.

Mindless *easy* xp. You'll usually earn an AA in under 2 hours if you have no competition. I usually do it while watching TV at the same time. The  uncommon drops from the tin soldiers can also net you some decent bazaar cash and tribute points. Remember to save your stacks of coiled springs and steel ball bearings as they sell very well to tinkers in the bazaar.