Main Menu

Question about the crematory. .

Started by Skullet Crossbones, June 29, 2004, 10:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullet Crossbones

I was wondering how the named spawn in the sewers crematory now. Can i keep camping the front room until a named spawns or do i have to fight in a certain distance, and will the named show on track if and when they do spawn.

I was told that after 20 mobs are killed that a named can spawn but im not sure if this is true and  means i can keep killing in the same room or not till this happens.

Thanks for any help!

(edit) by named i mean the ones that drop the nice items and spells and not the end mobs.

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Trixzie

From my experiences in sewers groups, if not doing a trial, after 20 mobs a named does spawn. This however doesnt mean it spawns where you are. It can be anywhere in the instance. Last time I did an exp group we stayed in the instance for about 2 hours and had quite a few named spawn. Drops are nice but they do have a tendency to repeat. Warrior that was tanking for the group scored two good items. Cleric won a spell turn in piece, I got a nice attack aug. And we had a couple other drops, (sorry I dont remember what they were though). Exp was about as good as elemental trash mobs.

dewddabst

what does that mean? if not doing a trial, after 20 mobs a named spawns ... arent all sewer = trials?

Kylaz

You can either talk to the High Priest, and get a Trial, or talk to gamesh, and open the zone for XP only.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

bham

Quote from: KylazYou can either talk to the High Priest, and get a Trial, or talk to gamesh, and open the zone for XP only.

If I talk to Gamesh, can I get any trial as exp only? and if so, how do I specify which I want?

I have done no trials so far, but I want to do crematory for loot. Can I get it without first passing the first trial..which I hear is much harder.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Toln

Crematory is a really brutal trial. It makes the 1st one look pathetic in comparison if you don't have the right classes along. (an Evac'er is good, or a rogue)

The monsters are actually pretty easy. Possibly easier than they were in Purifying plant. But if you are actually looking to complete the trial... Whew, good luck. I'll just say that i'm glad i'll never have to do that again.

You do need to complete the first trial though to be ever to start a trial instance for the zone. And I believe you can only get the trial version until you actually complete it. After that you will only be able to get the EXP versions of it from Gamesh.

Named can spawn randomly in zone. We've had nothing on track before and after around 20 mobs killed, named pops right in front of us even though we hadn't cleared there already yet.

Dummkopf

Nothing you have to complete to get the xp version, just talk to gamesh and zone in. Talk to the highpriest and you have to do the trials in order and you can get the flags (i never did that, smith rondo was way faster). Crematory is pretty easy as is pools, both seen from an xp point of view. In fact, you can solo both trials pretty good, its way harder to solo plant.

As for nameds, after 20 mobs all nameds or placeholders pop, killing those phs gives the chance to get the named in the normal respawn cycle. The farming way is to zone in, slaughter 20 mobs, check track and leave exp if no named is on track, rinse repeat.

Skullet Crossbones

Just curious....in what order do the sewers have the easiest to hardest hitting mobs? I thought crematory had the softest hitting mobs but from what im gathering from allah, the pool of sludge has the easiest hitting mobs at zone in.

So in what order do the mobs hit the softest at the zone in?

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo