Main Menu

Soloing at Level 65 with 48 AA's

Started by Kinash, August 16, 2004, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinash

I am trying to get my AA's up more quickly and was wondering where I can solo with my measly number of AA's. I have been farming Acrylia Caverns safely for so long, but unless I go into the Inner Sanctum (which is tough to solo due to the wanderers and ADD's) I get very little AAXP. I tried those darned GoD zones but the XP stinks in comparison to the risk involve (I hate getting my butt kicked by a damn Lt. Blue). Any suggestions? You can check out my equipment on my Magelo Account (think it is a little out of date since I bought an item or too since the last patch). Any advise would be appreciated!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Oneiromancer

Grieg's End and Torgiran Mines are really some of the best AAXP places around for solo 65 beastlords.  Lots of threads about them on the boards, so look those up, but some quick advice, for GE invis past the first room to avoid a 3-pull, and for Torgiran invis past the bridge to the fort area with the bloodguards, almost everything is single-pullable.  Safe and fast exp.

Droga is often given as an option but I don't like it as much, the mobs take too long to kill, they run too fast, and too many casters for soloing (in my opinion).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

alky

* Deep into Nurga.

The easiest, mobs are lower level than the others spots (1/4 are lblue). The kill rate makes it worth it.

here's a guide

http://pub116.ezboard.com/fcouncilofzarchonfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

* Torgirian mines

Mobs have about 12k and give about 1.5 AAXP
you can find a great guide (thanks Feralize by the way :) )to this zone here  :

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1924

* Grieg Ending

Mobs hit harder than the 2 other but still quite easy. It's a hot spot now.

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=864
Seigneur de la Sauvagerie Alky
65 Beastlord on Sebilis

JillieMT

I've been ravaging Plane of Hate now. Around 2% AA per kill, and the pet practically solo's them after Sha's and a DoT or two. You have to literally STEP on the critters to agro as their agro radius is almost completely nil, and none of them run at all! In addition to AA, you can make 1kpp in a KEI with the gem drops and the armor drops that you can turn into the guildmasters in PoK for random gems. Its a cakewalk, and very quiet. :)

Just make sure you have a way out too... gate potion, item, or a porter.

Oh, and if you try Griegs, do it from the SD zone instead of DSP. There is no break-in or invising, its safe to hunt from zoneline here.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Hereki

Nurga is a hot spot, too.

For a low AA beastlord, I'd recommend Nurga, too.  Griegs is a little tougher, but worth a try - SD entrance stands a chance of being clear of hot spotters.  I haven't soloed in Hate, but fully intend to :).

Expect an AA in Nurga to take 2.5 - 4 hours, solo, depending on how many AAs you have.  One advantage of Nurga is that you end up being able to easily access Chardok B, which is a fun AA solo zone, too.  Similar exp rate to Nurga/GE et al, but a little tougher.

Hrann

I started soloing in Droga at 62 with less AAs than you, so you can definitely do fine in there.  Just invis and run to a good spot to start off.  If you are 65 and keep Fero up, between that and your stunning pet you will get hit with very few spells; in fact I find the casters to be the easiest and the rogues/sks to be the toughest.  Also there are a multitude of phs, so you can get some decent drops that generally sell around the 4k mark on my server at least, not to mention that every goblin drops between 10 and 20 plat.  XP is on par ith Grieg's imo; I've always thought it to be slightly better than Torgiran - goblins have less hps than the bloodguard.

Another bonus is that you get to work Chardok faction while you're at it - xp, money, questing... what more could you want!

tkyn

I'd recommend the restless souls camp in natimbi. The exp is kinda slow, but you can pick up some 20hp/20mana augs there, which should help out. Nothing runs, its all easily single pulled, and close to a vendor to sell off the junk you pick up.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Kinash

Quote from: tkynI'd recommend the restless souls camp in natimbi. The exp is kinda slow, but you can pick up some 20hp/20mana augs there, which should help out. Nothing runs, its all easily single pulled, and close to a vendor to sell off the junk you pick up.

I don't know.... I was in Natimbi the other day for the first time.... some ugly dude (lt. Blue almost killed me)... not good! Then I get fragged by the damn Crag Queen... first death in weeks! How tough are they compared to those ugly dudes running up and down the stairs near the Wayfarer's Camp?
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Tastian

Souls are easier.  Last time I went there to camp silly aug I'd clear the whole camp in ~10 mins and then afk for another 10 waiting on repops.  Didn't have to heal or anything, but with that big of a cushion even if your dps/aas/gear were less you've got plenty of time to go at a slower pace and space them out a bit more.  The named can do some decent damage solo I guess, but nothing insane.  They actually aren't bad aa per kill for how hard they are and how fast they die, but there just aren't enough imo hehe.

Oneiromancer

When I did the restless souls camp around your AAs it took me about 15 minutes to clear them all, and then I'd spend the other 5 pulling random wanderers.

The other night when running to Riwwi, Natimbi was empty so I checked and I got two nameds, a fierce cragwalker and Tumia Lehio (the restless soul named).  Both were hitting up to the low 300's, so they've been beefed up a bit from before.  Got my health down pretty far, actually, since I wasn't expecting such hard hitters.

In any case, if you focus only on restless souls you'll only have a chance at the +20 hp augment (which I did get that night).  The +20 mana aug drops from another named...could be the fierce cragwalker, I don't remember for sure.

Game on,

Hereki

Named reef crustacean, begins with a V, I think.  Spawns in the river aroud the island the restless souls are on.

Kinash

I finally printed out a map of the zone and the Spirit camp is right at the bottom of the stairs those damned nasties (that can nuke) keep going up and down.... will they agro if I camp there?
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Oneiromancer

The best place to camp (in my opinion) is on the North side of the fallen pillar that is next to the shoreline.  It's on the opposite side of the pillar from the wandering hynids, cragbeasts, etc, so no adds from them.  The only problem with that location I have found is that people hunting in the open area to the South (just West of the Wayfarer's Camp, where the aforementioned adds can be) can't see that someone is camping the restless souls and so they'll pull your mobs...of course "there's no such thing as camps in EQ" so up to you if you want to deal with that...

Game on,

Tastian

Their aggro range is so small that I never had an issue.  One of them wanders furthers down than the other, but neither ever added on me.  I used to sit/afk facing the camp with the stairs on my at about 10 o'clock to me.  Then I'd pulled the first 2 toward the bottom of the camp and then move across and kill the other, then move up and kill others, then move back to where I would med/afk.  Never had an add or got jumped by stray aggro.  Randomly smacked around mobs as I was bored, but that was about it.

Juvaris

Sirens Grotto isnt half bad either + you might be able to solo Swirlspine for that belt
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox