Main Menu

Soloing at Level 65 with 48 AA's

Started by Kinash, August 16, 2004, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinash

Quote from: OneiromancerThe best place to camp (in my opinion) is on the North side of the fallen pillar that is next to the shoreline.  It's on the opposite side of the pillar from the wandering hynids, cragbeasts, etc, so no adds from them.  The only problem with that location I have found is that people hunting in the open area to the South (just West of the Wayfarer's Camp, where the aforementioned adds can be) can't see that someone is camping the restless souls and so they'll pull your mobs...of course "there's no such thing as camps in EQ" so up to you if you want to deal with that...

Game on,

I tried there last night... got 3 gold AA bubbles before I had to run out of the zone for my life. There are at least 2 spirits that will ADD on me, and did on 3 consecutive spawn cycles. The last time (had to zone), both were Drk Blue. One took on my Warder... the other chased me to the Magus! The loot is crap, I make more off of my Grimlings, but the XP is much better (As everyone has said). Any idea if there is a better spell for me to pull with? What using either the 65-slow or highest Ice Spell.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Tastian

There were a couple spot in the souls camp where I'd get multiples breaking the camp, but then once it was split I didn't have a problem.  If you aren't able to keep it all clear you might want to just pull it so once it's broke the re-pops won't add on pulls.  The loot btw can be very good, but not usually.  The souls can drop the shell inlaid collar.  They do drop the essances for quest weapon that some offer to pay for, but I just let whoever wanted have for free.  Mostly just research items though and spells that don't fetch too much.  Lots of other spots to try if this one isn't working out for ya.  8)

Oneiromancer

That's true, there was one place where it was a double-pull if they were both dark blue.  Since for me it was around 50-50 dark blue/light blue I only had to worry about it occasionally.

At the time I just put pet on one while tanking the other, both slowed and dotted of course.  And just watch that spawn the next time around so that you always pull one before both spawn.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rhoam

I have camped the souls long enough to get the ft1 caster item 4 times and the 20 hp aug about 5 times. I have never had one of the stairs mobs agro on me, nor have the crags or hynids been an issue as they now con dubious since the zone was retuned. The stairs mobs dont hit hard but can proc chaos claws about 6 times a fight. I find that I resist chaos claws about 75% of the time and I can place agro on my pet fairly easily by dragging the mob across him once on the pull. This area is an easy camp, but the drawback is that you will run into alot of downtime due to the absence of mobs, not a loss of mana. It can get very monotonous as the named soul seems to have been nerfed on her drops and she drops a crappy helm or ring with a level requirement of 45 that seems inaapropriate given the quality of the drop.

I solo camp this area when I want mindless entertainment with the possiblity of hitting a home run on loot (the ft1 necklace sells for about 70k on mith marr :D

Kinash

Quote from: OneiromancerThat's true, there was one place where it was a double-pull if they were both dark blue.  Since for me it was around 50-50 dark blue/light blue I only had to worry about it occasionally.

At the time I just put pet on one while tanking the other, both slowed and dotted of course.  And just watch that spawn the next time around so that you always pull one before both spawn.

Game on,

After practicing... if there are 2 Drk they will automatically ADD... if one is Drk Blue you need to pull it first and the Lt. Blue won't help. I got pissed off last nite because after I broke the camp some Monk from Altered States came in a FD'ed in the center of the camp and stole all the spawns, claiming there are "no camps in everquest... who ever gets agro owns the spawn!" what a a**hole! I may go back to a more "civil" zone!
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Oneiromancer

Yeah, there's definitely a difference between 2 people pulling from the same camp, sharing the mobs, and one person aggroing everything and claiming them all (even if he can handle them).  I am sure that is against the "Play Nice Policy", although good luck getting that enforced.  If you explain that you'd be happy to share the camp but pulling every single mob is excessive, you could probably get him a warning or something.

And yes, you are learning about pulling light blues vs. dark blues.  :)  Light blues don't get assist aggro.  It's lots of fun in Velks casting Slow on a named from several levels up and watching it run through tons of other mobs without aggroing any of them.  If you knock it off the ledge and your pet follows it though, watch out...

Game on,

alky

Just a quick update of my previous post.

The 11/08 patch has just hit Sebilis (french sever) and with it, the new hot spots.

Torgirian is not one anymore and the xp is 15% down from what I said before. On the other hand, Nurga is now one and the xp is really good. With KEI, I can make an AA under 1H30 which is pretty close to my best group-xp rate. I haven't check GE yet.
Seigneur de la Sauvagerie Alky
65 Beastlord on Sebilis

Kinash

Quote from: alkyJust a quick update of my previous post.

The 11/08 patch has just hit Sebilis (french sever) and with it, the new hot spots.

Torgirian is not one anymore and the xp is 15% down from what I said before. On the other hand, Nurga is now one and the xp is really good. With KEI, I can make an AA under 1H30 which is pretty close to my best group-xp rate. I haven't check GE yet.

I have been spending the last few nites in Torgirian and I like it as the Drk Blues right near the rope bridge can be single pulled and they are pretty weak for a Drk Blue. I just hit AAXP #50... based on other posts in the AA Forum I have been working on BF. Went from BF1 to BF3 since reading.... these forums are quite helpful!. After reading this post I think I may go and visit Nurga next!
Kinash Kattar
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)

Eatbugs

I'd like to try Restless Souls sometime, but it's permacamped on my server. (To the point where any time I run through I can pretty much count on hearing an argument over spawns or who's camping it.)  Ah, well - I prefer less popular places.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Oneiromancer

Quote from: KinashI have been spending the last few nites in Torgirian and I like it as the Drk Blues right near the rope bridge can be single pulled and they are pretty weak for a Drk Blue. I just hit AAXP #50... based on other posts in the AA Forum I have been working on BF. Went from BF1 to BF3 since reading.... these forums are quite helpful!. After reading this post I think I may go and visit Nurga next!

You can single pull all the way into the fortress in Torgiran, almost every single spawn point, all the way to where the dreadguards turn into deathguards.  The aggro radius is laughably small.  And the Nadox zoneline behind the invisible wall is right there just so you can test this out.  :D

Game on,

Impudent

CoD entrance is nice AA at 4% per kill @ 65. 60 aa's or so.

However, I doubt any 65 will be chain pulling.

I don't have the greatest gear, but I'd kill 3 or 4 then med up.  

Rinse/Repeat.
Oh, and F'Vrex Barxt Qurat... for hitting me 3 times.. EACH for 3196.. when *HE* was at 1% health!!

Venerable Impudent Blasphemy - Retired
Predator Zartuim Agromonster