Main Menu

Harbinger's Spire soloing/spawns

Started by Quezic Grahl, September 27, 2004, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quezic Grahl

Since I got a few private messages about it, here's a few things about the spawns there...

After you zone in, first right hand turn takes you to the room where Revolter Yenorm and Inventor Krang both spawn.  Their PH's are the 2 mobs in the middle of the room.  Yenorm drops a regen 2 aug as uncommon, int caster wrist as common.  Krang drops corroded leather cap as common, Muramite's Shield as uncommon.

From zone in, if you take the second right hand turn, and head down that tunnel, there are 4 rooms on the right hand side of the tunnel before you get to a big room with discordlings in it.  The first room (closer to zone in) spawns Quildsman Quilm, drops Boots of the Slavetrader common, Breastplate of the Slavetrader uncommon.  Casts a 300 pt DD snare (you can partially resist the DD portion) and also a poison dot on you pretty much constantly, kill him as fast as you can or he will wear down your hp's pretty quick with the poison dot + hitting you for up to 383.  His PH is the mob at the back of the room on the right side.

2nd room, there's 4 or 5 dragorn in here, I've cleared it quite a few times and never saw a named.  Could be one, maybe I was just unlucky...

3rd room, 3 dragorn in room, again I cleared this alot, never saw a named, doesn't mean there isn't one though.

4th room (right before room with discordlings), Toiler Opanin spawns here.  His PH is the first mob closest to the tunnel.  Opanin drops corroded leather wristguard as common, and a type 7 FT 1 aug as uncommon.

Ok, again from zone in, if you go straight down the main tunnel,  take the third left from zone in, there should be a room with 3 dragorn in it.  Overseer Rowgarr (sp?) spawns in here, same mob as Quildsman Quilm, just a different name.  His PH is the rightmost mob in the room.  If you can't pet pull, you'll have to pull all 3 at once.  He drops corroded leather sleeves as common and pants as uncommon.

If you go straight from zone in and take the second left, there's a room with 5 dragorn in it.  4 of them are the lower level ones, one of them is a higher level Armsman/Steward type mob.  Trainer Cyrum spawns in this room.  His PH is the mob at the back of the room on the right hand side.  Again, he is identical to Guildsman Quilm, same snare + poison dot.  Only killed him once, dropped a Claw of the Darkfanged (12/22 h2h with 40 hp lifetap proc).  Not sure what his other drop is.

There are named discorling also, but discordlings are tougher mobs to solo, more hp and hit as hard as the dragorn named do.  The named discordlings hit for 600+ and hit you with a mana drain dot that just plain sucks, so I wouldn't even bother trying unless grouped with a couple people, healer at least.  Discordling named are red to my 60 druid looting bot, so at least L63.

Pulling...can use L54 pet spell (maybe higher even, didn't bother to try) to pet pull singles if you have suspend minion II of course.  If that isn't an option, Toiler Opanin is a good camp for you, clear the annoying discordling roamer in the hall so it doesn't add.  Then if you just pull Opanin's ph, you'll get one add.  2 at once should be doable for most people I think, even bazaar geared as long as you have a few of our good AA's.  Just pet cleric some if you need to, no biggie.  Can pull the next mob hiding behind the rock in Opanin's room single.  The last 2 mobs in room will both come if you pull.  Xp will suck just clearing those 5 spawns, but if you're just there for the FT 1 aug, it's worth it.  Pull the mobs back up the tunnel some so they have some room to run without getting adds (or deep back into opanin's room if you've broken it already).

Mobs here all run at 20% health if they are alone, so pet snare AA would be good here (I don't have it personally), finishing blow 3 can kill any of these mobs including the dragorn named, so I guess they are < L58 or so.

Just FYI...I am mostly LDoN geared (~16k adv. pts spent + drops from hard LDoN) and a few of the new things from OoW.  Have about 7k hp self buffed + virtue, FT15, 270ish AA's. I run tribute mana preservation 4 and vengeance X currently.  I was doing Harbinger's at L65 when OoW first was out, the mobs mitigated slow then, they don't now, so at least some of the spawns should be doable for most people with a few AA's I think.  Not saying it's especially easy, it isn't, but it's worth doing for the regen 2 aug and the FT 1 aug at least.  Normal dragorn mobs hit for up to 286 btw, but compared to similar level Droga mobs, I'd say these have fewer hp's.  Just guessing, the dragorns have maybe 12-15k hps, more for the named.

Items are all lore here, so camp an alt or two there to loot duplicates.  Named spawn at least 1 out 3 times I'd say, maybe more.  I've gotten 3 or 4 in a row here before.  So they are pretty common spawns.

Anyway, that's all the info I have, I know there's other named spawns there, but I haven't found them yet...getting pretty sick of Harbinger's at this point, think I almost single handedly crashed the market with that corroded leather stuff, people were selling it for 10-20k at first, it's down to about 4k now for the good parts hehe.

Feel free to add stuff if you know any other spawns here.  I can't believe some of the rooms I've cleared have no named, just been figuring I was unlucky.

Quezic Grahl

bham

Those 2 rooms on the right you are talking about almost certainly have no named. I have cleared them 10 or so times and never gotten a named to pop in either.

I go there with my 4-box and can keep 5 or 6 rooms down at a time, including both the discordling rooms. One of the discordling rooms pops Karg the fiend, who drops a plate back as his common and a 13/22 sword as his uncommon. In the other room a discordling sneak, a named without a real name, drops an armour piece I cant remember, might be chain BP as his common and a 2HP as his uncommon. They are both level 64.

If you go down to the spire there are more rooms with more names, but the quality of the drops doesnt seem to improve even tho the mobs get a bit tougher. Some named are up to 66. There is an event of some kind at the top of the spire, see my other post.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Oneiromancer

Thanks Quezic, great guide.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Quezic Grahl

You're welcome...

And thanks for the info Bham, I guess I'll stop bothering to clear those two rooms hehe.

Also, have you cleared that first left turn from the zone in tunnel?  Has all the higher level dragorn in it, plus a dragorn medic...I've just been soloing in harbinger's mostly and figured I wouldn't be able to clear that many solo, there's alot in there.  Anyway, does anything spawn in there?

Also, one of the discordling named, not sure if it was Karg or not, dropped a 12 AC mask, with good stats and 65 hp's, not BST useable though.

bham

I cleared that room with a full group. 11 mobs total. There is a named, cant remember what it drops, but it was nothing special. Only killed the named once, his uncommon might be another useful aug perhaps. I dont know.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Oneiromancer

Tried this for a bit tonight.  Killed the wanderer, then pet-pulled the first mob in the Opanin room.  Had 2 nukes memmed for when he ran, but this guy and the rest never got very far anyway, what with the Rellic stuns.  For the last 2 I just pulled both since I was barely getting hurt by the singles and yeah, it went just fine.  Was able to clear the next mine shaft over (3 dragorns) and another discordling wanderer before the Opanin room popped again.  Got a few % normal exp before being joined by a 65 BST who had just restarted playing after a few months.  We cleared super fast, so I pulled the 4-discordling room.  2 each time, no big deal, except on the second pull one of the mobs was a discordling stalker.  The named...who killed us pretty bad, with the 622 hits on me and that Chaotica proc.

Fortunately right then another 66 beastlord in my guild and his 53 cleric wife logged on.  We got rezzed (90%, ah well) and decided to explore the spire area with a 65 necro.  Went up to the second landing off the stone staircase, the second from the top.  3 rooms off that floor, the first has 8 girplans which hit for 500s, the second two have 4 and 5 dragorns, respectively, with mostly 2-pulls.  Girplans were one 3-pull and two 2-pulls.  All in all I only made 5% total normal exp all night..and 2% of that was in the group.  Much better solo place at higher level.  The cleric was loving the experience though, I think she got 2 and a half yellows (50% I think).

I'll be happy to go back to solo while LFG...got a +4 STA tradeskill augment to sell.  I probably won't group there though unless helping a lower level guildmate level up...the group experience just isn't that good at higher levels.

Oh yeah, one other thing...another group fought Revolter Yenorm and they got hit with that nasty Chaotica proc also.  Can it be cast by any named in the zone, or just a few of them?  I'd say it's not worth trying to spawn the nameds if that is that case...a real pain to get that on you without a healer around.

Game on,

Quezic Grahl

Yenorm doesn't cast chaotica, only the discordling named do it that I've seen.  Forget what Yenorm does, a stun or something...Wing Strike maybe, I forget.  Or maybe it was some sort of poison...I dunno anymore.  Haven't been killing him in a while.

Edit:  Yeah, you find alot of those tradeskill augs in Harbinger's too if you kill alot.  Find magnetic armor pieces also every once in a while, for the new tradeskill magnetic armor (some of those are pretty nice, BP is 100 hp), so those sell ok too.  Especially the good parts like BP, legs, and helm.  And the dragorn drop gems up to blue diamonds, so you make a few plats there too.  All in all it's a pretty cool place to solo while you're looking for an OoW group.  Nobody's gonna invite you if they see you are in Droga hehe, will take you too long to get there.

Hit L69 tonight, will have to see if the mobs are still dark blue there.  Think they probably should be up to 70, been figuring they are 55ish.

Slynnx

Can you clarify what you mean by using pet pull only if you have suspend minion 2?  Did you mean to say pet discipline?  Any why would a lower level pet be better for this than just using a lvl 64 warder spell?

I have used pet pulling with some success by just having my regular warder run in, smack the mob, using /pet hold and having him reel it in for me.  When I tried this in the first room there I got either 2 or 3 mobs (can't recall as I just zoned when I saw more than 1)  

I love soloing things just because they are there and am wanting to give Hargringers a thorough once (or twice) over.  Thanks for your post and thanks in advance for your clarification.   :D
Slynnx Swiftpaw

"All your tunafishes are belong to me" - Bob

Eatbugs

Quote from: SlynnxCan you clarify what you mean by using pet pull only if you have suspend minion 2?  Did you mean to say pet discipline?  Any why would a lower level pet be better for this than just using a lvl 64 warder spell?

Pet pulling works best if you're using a green con pet - that's why he was talking about using it with suspended minion 2, as you don't want to be fighting named with a green con pet up.  Usual pulling method:

1) suspend fully buffed high level pet.

2) summon a low level pet (I usually use the 56 warder as a good tradeoff between level and hp)

3) send in low level pet on the target you want to pull.  As soon as the pet has aggro on the mob, use /pet hold to get the pet to return to you.

4) when the mob is out of assist range of other mobs, kill the pet you have up and unsuspend the high level pet.

As long as the pet is green con to both you and the mob, you'll get a single.  Be careful not to get in aggro range of the mob on the pull, as the moment aggro transfers to you, every other mob in assist range will come after you.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Eatbugs

Incidentally, I consider the above pulling technique an unintended feature that will eventually be fixed - I'm pretty sure pet classes weren't intended to be better pullers in some situations than Monks or Bards.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

DontPetBear

Quote from: EatbugsIncidentally, I consider the above pulling technique an unintended feature that will eventually be fixed - I'm pretty sure pet classes weren't intended to be better pullers in some situations than Monks or Bards.

I certainly hope not, it's one of the main reasons i got SM2.  I know a couple of Sk's that would be kinda ticked too.

If you don't have SM2 and want to break that first room, use those cheap 2-charge root things from Crystal Caverns.  Pull one of the 2 mobs in the middle and send in pet.  Pet will usually switch to an unslowed mob quickly. Beat feet to the exit.  Right before you zone out, cast root on the mob you're pulling.  I usually hit /pet hold on the way to exit to save pet from too much damage.  Once you have the 2 middle ones dead, the other 4 can be single pulled.  I pull front right corner first then left front.

This place is almost always deserted, and is pretty easy once you get the rooms broken.  I've gotten both the mana and hp regen augs plus a ton of items i sold in bazaar.  I leave the Discordlings alone, way too much trouble killing them.   If you want a challenge, run up the Spire to the first floor and all the way to the back of the walkway.  A Trainer Dysarth spawns in the middle of the room.  His common is some caster gloves, dunno yet what rare is.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Quezic Grahl

Agree with you Eatbugs, pet pulling won't last forever I don't think.  It will be fixed at some point, but until then...it's nice to be able to do it.  And it beats training 5 or 6 mobs to the zone to try and split spawns =)  Really, in Harbinger's I don't need to pet pull, have killed up to 4 of the normal dragorn at once solo if all my disc/AA's abilities are available for use.  It's just alot more convenient to kill them one at a time.  Also, don't be sitting down when you send low level pet in to pet pull, all the mobs will aggro then.

Edit:  Also, since some of the dragorn cast that snare spell on you, pet pulling isn't totally safe...if your green pet gets snared and killed, you'll end up pulling the whole room anyway.

Eatbugs

Quote from: DontPetBearI certainly hope not, it's one of the main reasons i got SM2.  I know a couple of Sk's that would be kinda ticked too.

Well... that's why I brought it up.  It's a subject that hasn't been touched by the devs, and (like previous unintended benefits - affliction haste applying to slows, for instance) probably won't be until it's changed by accident or on purpose.  While I don't think of it as an exploit, I'm not going to start relying heavily on it.  It probably won't last forever, since it puts us at less risk (and is more reliable) than Monk and Bard pulling in some situations.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Quezic Grahl

Yeah, I won't be screaming nerf when this gets taken away, though I will miss it.  I'm sure it was never intended for pet classes, and is way too good.

Also, all the easy dragorn mobs in Harbinger's turn light blue at L69 =/  Will have to move in farther and see how well I do further in (WTB rez, in other words hehe).  I'm thinking the bottom of the spiral room will be good, tougher mobs there, but not the 500+ hitters like upstairs, so should be ok if I can find a good pull spot.

Also been doing a little murkglider soloing in noble's causeway while LFG, now that they can be fully slowed they aren't too terrible, can tank them all the way down, they have a fair number of hp's and hit pretty hard (forget max hit, 500ish), but they don't land max hits very often it seems, hit me for 150ish more often.  They are still dark blue at 69, but low enough that finishing blow 3 still kills them, so less than 58 or so.

I dunno, soloing AA's at L70 is starting to look like a losing proposition hehe, the dark blue mobs you'll have to kill are way way tougher than what you can grind at L65.   Group AA xp will still be pretty fast I think though.

Anyway, I'll post more about Harbinger's tomorrow if I get a chance to try deeper inside.

Oneiromancer

Tried to duo last night with a wizard at the Toiler Opanin camp...tried to clear the discordling wandering there and...whoops...a discordling sneak is also a named that procs Chaotica.  :(  Wizard evaced us, ran back to PoK to get curse removed.

Came back much later with a group to help a 54 cleric guildie get some exp, had a 66 shaman that left right before Karg the Fiend was pulled.  So we all got Chaotica except the cleric, who of course didn't have any remove curse spells (not sure if she wasn't high enough level or just never got them).  So we tried to get back to PoK...the two necromancers died, but the other beastlord and I made it back and got RGC'ed about 5 minutes before the server came down for some stupid quick maintenance.

Anyway...these discordling nameds are seriously annoying me.  If they popped at static locations it wouldn't be such a big deal, but having them also be wanderers can really be bad news.  It looks like if I do solo in this zone (which I think can still be worth doing) I just need to be really careful or focus on the rooms which don't have discordlings wandering nearby in case one spawns a named and adds.  The very first room, or some of the rooms up in the spire area would work nicely for this...but I would like to get the mana regen augment from the Toiler.  We'll see how being alert works tonight...8% from 67 though, would much rather get a WoS group if I can.

Game on,