Main Menu

Harbinger's Spire soloing/spawns

Started by Quezic Grahl, September 27, 2004, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slynnx

Wow.  Soloed in here again the past couple of days using the "Green Pet Pull" method and am having a blast!   :)   At lvl 67 with pre-elemental gear and 155 AA's I am easily able to kill the 4 named dragorn PH's and the 2 pathing discordlings in a cycle if the zone is all mine.  I still havent gotten the Regen or FT augs to drop yet but am enjoying this area now that I can actually single pull targets.

Thanks very much for the explaination of how this works.  How long have I been missing out on this technique?  Also, what happens if the pet is killed before getting out of agro assist range of other mobs?
Slynnx Swiftpaw

"All your tunafishes are belong to me" - Bob

Oneiromancer

If the pet dies you'll get aggro, and I believe the mobs that would have assisted the pulled mob will aggro on you also, just as if you had pulled it yourself.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Mhordel

Pet Pulling...

QuoteIf the pet dies you'll get aggro, and I believe the mobs that would have assisted the pulled mob will aggro on you also, just as if you had pulled it yourself.

This is false, if the pet dies the assist is calculated at the point of aggro transfer.

As for Pet Pulling being fixed, it cant be without re-writing the entire code for how aggro works.  Most of this code was written a long time ago, with DO NOT TOUCH noted right inside the old code (cause people leave, etc, and "if its not broke dont fix it" - mentality)  So, do not expect a fix/nerf on pet pulling in our lifetimes.

We take a lot of risk, as Beastlords, using this tactic.  We dont have the luxury of being FD or able to FD if the pet dies.  

Anyways, I use Prot. Calliev, Shrew, and anything else I think I need (a virt on the pulll pet helps if it gets stunned, and it will often, to land a Hastened Mend on him while he returns.)  Also note, during pet pulls, your free to heal your pet all you want.  This part of the code was fixed for Bards, years ago, but it means you (or anyone) can land any beneifical spell on your pet and not get aggro from it.  (In the old days, a puller would pull, a bard would be singing, and the bard would be demolished if he was lower level and other mobs assisted the pull mob, etc, was messy, lol, but was prolly more realistic)

Anyways, I will shush...
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Eatbugs

QuoteSo, do not expect a fix/nerf on pet pulling in our lifetimes.

I've heard that on tons of issues over the years. SK aggro with low level disease dots, affliction haste affecting slows, hybrid experience penalties, FD aggro reset, taunt, mob pathing - all of them fixed or changed now.  While I don't expect them to bother nerfing this one any time soon, the next "background" change to the way aggro or mob AI works could break pet pulling - they certainly haven't shied away from fooling with that code in the past.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Oneiromancer

Thanks for the correction, Mhordel.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Aneya

I pet pulled Ikkinz once. That was sweet.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Zyvox.

On pet pulling.... what happens if you call up the level 9 pet and just send it in on the mob you want to pull?

negrismorte

Quote from: Zyvox.On pet pulling.... what happens if you call up the level 9 pet and just send it in on the mob you want to pull?

It dies very quickly.

Gatito

It dies very quickly and the mob and its buddies act in the same manner as if you had nuked the mob you sic'd your pet on.  It's vital to get your pet back to you alive (or at least out of the aggro range of the target mob's friends).[/quote]
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Quezic Grahl

Added directions to another named in the first post, Trainer Cyrum.

Also, the red colored dragorn all mitigate slow again now =/  Lower level dragorn do not, not sure about the named like Yenorm etc, they may or may not mitigate now...

Taiglin

Put this info to good use yesterday. BTW for any that bring a rooting class in you can use it to good affect. Used the lvl 61 Druid root and it was never resisted and lasted a long long time. Was able to break spawns / fight singles all day long with it. Worked equally well with the Dragorn, the other Discordling types, and even Toiler Opanin (though he summons).

By the by noticed that I was criting on the Dragorn with a 1hb weapon even though I dont'have any sort of critical hit AAs. The message was just being seen by my Druid though, didn't show on my Bst's screens.

Edit: I might have had a new chanter haste that has + crit on it. Will have to go back and check it out. Also, was some decent gem droppage I thought.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Meowsa

Quote from: Quezic GrahlAdded directions to another named in the first post, Trainer Cyrum.

Also, the red colored dragorn all mitigate slow again now =/  Lower level dragorn do not, not sure about the named like Yenorm etc, they may or may not mitigate now...

Nameds are mitigating (mostly).  The discordlings mitigate (mostly) also.

Taiglin

Was fighting in the second to the right spoke at the back of the zone when looking at the map and the girplan things were giving some good xp - bout 80-90% of a blue AA at 65. This was with a full group. Didn't have a named pop for us so might not be one (was in that spot for over an hour - close to two maybe). Run down main hall (invised), bear to your right as you enter the spire room and head up the stairs. Second landing go up the ramp, take 2 lefts. Was maybe 6 or 7 of the little fatties at the end of the tunnel there. Mobs mostly resist slow, 90% of the time sticks first cast. Did have a handful that took 3+ slow casts though - was very much the exception.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Slynnx

Been having a blast in here solo, duo, and in full groups for the past week.  Since it is usually empty it is possible to just pull the named / PH's and clear 5-6 spots in a cycle.  With a group (4 BL's a Wiz and a Druid) we just rushed each of the mine rooms (except for the medic) and killed with wild abandon keeping 8 or 9 named spots poping while getting decent exp.  Have made several friends by /OOC'ing the Regen and FT augs, duplicate loot, etc   :)

There are a few named listed on Allah's that I havent been able to locate yet and am hoping someone here has seen them and can give directions.  

Specifically:

> Loyal Servant Ziym
> The Prime Mover
> Girplan Architect
> Foreman Guppu
> Taskmaster Yarln

If anyone knows where these badboys are please let me know.  

Also, if anyone knows where an offline map of this place is I will gladly label the PH locations that I know and post a copy.  Is easier to see where to go than to read directions in text format.
Slynnx Swiftpaw

Slynnx

OK.  Found the Girplan Architect at the very top of the stairs in the spire - PH is another girplan and seems to be on a normal 20 min spawn cycle.

Also found the PH for Varin Deathclaw is actually on the first set of scaffoldings as you come up the stairs, not on the stairs themselves.  He seems to just path back and forth along the scaffolds leading to the 3 spokes for that level.

Have yet to find a map to mark all of these on other than the in-game variety.
Slynnx Swiftpaw