Main Menu

Veksar - Question about Rotting Shopkeeper

Started by Svafnir, November 23, 2004, 07:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatter

Does anyone have a map on how to manuver thru this zone to shop keeper ? .. I have not spen much time in Veksar ..

Thanks
Feral Lord
Tatter [ http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1081882 ] L 70 BST
Tunare

kharthai

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v321/taelrie/veksarmap2.jpg

If ya can read the map (it's kinda faintly printed to me, I dunno) the shopkeeper is number 13.

Tillath

I use the 39 pet to pull in here....  give him a shrew and send him in, back up to the first room (entry room) and hit /pet hold as soon as I see the aggro message.  By the time the pet gets back to me he is at about 20-40 percent health and has usually done me the service of eating a HT also :)  As soon as he is clear of the named room, I sic him back on the mob and hit suspend pet button, new pet pops a second or so after the greenie pet dies (sometimes have to hit the pet go away button before pet suspend finishes casting as the 39 pet has surprised me and held his own a couple of times for longer than I thought he would), sic new pet and kill hehehe.  Generally speaking I try and fight in the middle room on the main floor, close to the entry room, as this gives room to position the mob or back out of melee if needed.

I have only once pulled all 3 mobs in the room with the 39 pet and that was because of no shrew - my pet died about 4 steps too close to the room and I got full room aggro.  I have never needed to HP buff my pet to do this - even with HT the mobs just dont hit hard enough to kilI him within 5-6 seconds.  I would also recommend clearing the shopkeepers/storeclerks in the room before pulling the named/ph - he hits harder and has a higher chance of killing the 39 pet before the pet can get out of the room.  The 2 in the front part of the top floor can be split this way as well (undying blacksmith area). 

I haven't tried with 49 pet yet because the 39 has been working for me, but will test it at some point in here when there is the possibility for only 2 to come on a failed pull - have done 2 pulls in here a few times with no problems, but then again I duo with a druid :)  I have done the entire first floor solo with pet pulling when my partner was afk for an extended period.  Paragon makes this a lot faster, but Chloroblast is more than enough to keep up with the damage that you take in here.

Have done this self buffed + Bot9 (gets me to a little over 5k hp) and usually KEI, but can be done c-less (although this limits pulls to pretty much the first floor only).  With KEI and a druid can easily clear first floor, 2nd floor, and massive golem OR 1st floor, massive golem and invis back past the golems for PHs for Heiro 1 and Feral Lord (Feral Lord/animist can also be pet pulled with 39 pet). Constant pulling and not very hard on the mana pool, but 9s and paragon come in handy for the extra mana they give.

In 2 trips (about 3 hours per trip) have had shopkeeper pop 3 times (popped on the 5th or 6th clearing both times and one respawn was back to back) and 3 other various nameds pop (handy to have druid around to track for nameds to and do hit and run tactics on some of them while waiting for ph/named to respawn).  With 2 in group I get 1 percent AA per kill for all mobs that have been killed, 100% exp to AA.  Not sure of AA % per kill on solo basis, as when I have soloed here has been with druid afk but in group.

Hope this helps some  :-D
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)