Main Menu

Chardok B with a 65/60 pair

Started by Et^Cetera, January 26, 2005, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

Have been getting some decent AA in tier 5 Nurga for he last month or so and hit max ally for Di'zok the other night which made me think about Chardok.

Ive had a look though the hunting sections and cant find a whole lot of info on it.

Would it be a bit like the faction situation in GUK? (ie walk freely in A.. kill in B ... faction in A unchanged)

How would a 65/60 pair get on in chardok, single pullable? would i need a snarer? casters?

Any info .. or url links would be appreciated.

Magelos of the 2 in sig.

Many thanks.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Nusa

I was KOS in both A and B, so can't say much about factions. Soloing my way through A to B wasn't hard. Soloing in B was a little harder, but clearly doable once you know the lay of the land. I did just that to get some VP quest items...I was elemental equipped 65 at the time. With a healer along, it's much easier.

Tiroon

Introduced on July 10,2003 with patch message: "- Chardok - Treachery and lies are not uncommon in the court of the Overking. But there are some unusual rumors being told by some unusual adventurers. Some say that there is strife within the council of the Overking, and that heroes may find adventure there while that strife lasts. OOC: We're introducing a new zone and a new zone type. The Halls of Betrayal is a "pocket zone", and new type of zone for EverQuest. It will exist for a short time to be part of the storyline, and then will be gone. So if you're going to see it, now is the time.

Looks like SOE's definition of  "a short time" can be a bit out of whack with the rest of the world's on occasion. :lol: They seem to plan for Chardok B to last a bit longer still. After all they've just put a mob for the ranger's epic 2.0 there.

Mind you I'm not complaining. At 62 soloing in here is not efficient so hunting there has to wait a bit until my regular hunting group catches up with their Chardok faction. The mobs near the entrance can be single pulled and the undead don't run but alone I just have to dump too much mana into healing myself after killing a mob.

Chardok B has its own factions (Followers of Korucust and Betrayers of Di`Zok). Hunting there improves Chardok proper (Brood of Di'Zok) faction.

Chardok, Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nusa

Yah, I remember that patch message. But once they started putting outside quest items in the zone, it's a pretty safe bet it's going to stick around.

Rhajah

Et'Cetera,

When you find out how the experience is in Chardok B I'd be thankful if you'd post how much AA you get per kill, if you would please.  I have been 2 boxing in Griegs with 62 BST and 62 Druid (I keep the druid ungrouped) and I'm getting anywhere from 2 to 4% AA per kill on the BST.  I like Chardok B, so if it'd be similar exp, I'd consider heading down there.

Thanks in advance.

Rhajah
Firiona Vie

Et^Cetera

I generally measure my exp PER HOUR, per session .. or per AA (in hours), rather than per mob.

But, IF i wander to Chardok .. sure .. will post.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Dasquid

I think the exp in Greigs is about the same, but I think the mobs in Greigs seem to be a fair amount easier to kill.  However, what I like about Chardok B is that 99.9% of the time its empty so there is no competition for spawns. Also, with good Chardok faction you can run around picking off named in Chardok  A for tribute or to sell in the baz. If it's doable solo, I would imagine having a healer present would make it alot easier.