Main Menu

66 Bst and 70 Chanter

Started by kobe008, February 11, 2005, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe008

Any good places for my duo to hunt?  I was thinking about getting a 3rd person to start a Dranik Scar expedition and then have them leave so it would just be the Bst and Chanter.  How tough are the expeditions?

Mahes

At 66, you'd probably have a rough time healing yourself in the Draniks Scar instances.  I'm not 100%, but I think mob level goes off who requests the instance, so if you got it with your BST, you'd probably be better off.

Outside of that...you're kind of left to the same spots most would recommend a BST to solo.  Chanters are great for CC, haste, and clair, but they won't make the exp grind much easier as a second box without heals.

Sorry I couldn't offer more advice.

kobe008

Is there a list of the mob levels in the expeditions that correspond to the level of the person who got it?  Maybe I could get someone 64 or 65 to request it and it would be easier to duo.

Oneiromancer

Pretty sure you have to be 67 or 68 to get the hardest expeditions.  Just get a 3rd of any level and you can start an easier one with the Beastlord.

I can't think of any hunting zones either where the enchanter would be anything but extra dps.  Well, I guess there's always chain runing... ;)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Beestyall

I put something into the multiplayer forum about the level of the toon starting the expedition and the relative mob strength.

Without a healer, you're going to be unable to really fend on much over, high 50s, because our healing spell just doesn't do enough vs the length of time required to kill vs. exp.  When I started a 63 exp, I noticed that I had to clear the first 7 mobs to see roughly 1% increase EXP, this with a 66 BST and a 56/57 ranger in group.  I can't imagine what it would be like with a 70 enchanter.

A 65 lvl expedition, mitigates slow, hits for 550-600 (w/1200 AC) and a lot of them cast spells, either that 250 point strike or snare dots (SKs maybe).

If I had a 70 enchanter, I might look at going to PoP to duo, with the chanter DCing something.  Or find a nice lower level healer and drag them somewhere.

Grbage

You can do Harbingers Spire with that combo. Use the chanter to pull out of the rooms for singles, the mobs are not that hard. Or, might be hard two boxing, pull two and charm one for extra dps then kill it after the first mob is dead. I've duoed with a chanter there for something different and this is how we have done it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv