Main Menu

Soloing in DON

Started by kobe008, February 16, 2005, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe008

Only zone I've tried is Lavaspinner's Lair since it's the only one other than Broodlands that I've found.  Killed a DB mob close to zonein and got 3% aa from it at level 67.  Mob was fully slowable and didn't do much damage to me while tanking and it went down pretty quick.  I'd say pretty good exp for the effort it took to kill it.  Only problem with this zone is it's kinda hard to see with all the pillars sticking up everywhere.  Another bad thing I heard of a group hunting in here and falling down hidden pits and being greeted by 2-3 mobs.  Might not be too bad once maps are out of the place.

Anyone else find some good spots to solo in DON?

Grbage

Went to Stillmoon temple off of the Broodlands (just follow zone wall to the right and you will find the temple). Other then the yellow con named mob who came from no where and started beating on my back while fighting another mob (hit for 700+) the maximum hit from trash mobs was 306. At 68 all the mobs are DB but a 69 mage friend was in there and said he killed a LB trash mob. Getting about half a blue bubble aaxp per kill solo. Even better, turned on regular xp to 100% and I could see that my xp bar was actually moving.

At ZI if you pull carefully it is easy to get singles. The golems and drakes can heal themselves. Lot of mobs have a DS and may take two cast of annul to get rid of but really is not a big ds so it doesnt hurt to leave it on either. Farther in multiples on pull are common so you are better off with some CC instead of trying for solo. Took down two DB named mobs with a group of friends. One dropped some bones for something and another dropped a decent caster item with recommended level 65 on it (Can't remember but for one or more of pri/sec/range).
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Jzath

Regarding Lavaspinner zone, I did a mission in that zone and you need to really watch for a change in the color of the floor. 

There was an opening that had a path go down to the right.  It looked like you could walk to the ledge and look down to see where the path went.  Well, if you stepped forward to go look off the path, the entire section was an illusion and you fell to the bottom of the path to about 6 drakes.

I don't know what the layout of mobs are in the static zone nor if the false floor is in the static zone as well, but something I know to watch out for now.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Dakat

Suggest getting a Task from one of the camps when you go into Lavaspinner Lair for exp. The zone is pretty cool somewhat. You can zone into the zone from Lavastorm or Broodlands. From either zone in, you can invis most of the way through the zone, until you get to the Drakes. The caster drakes see through invis. I was able to go from the ZI to the trap floor without any mobs seeing me.

Silk:  Zone in from Lavastorm take your first right and into an opening. Make camp here and pull all. Spiders are here.

Drakes: Zone in from either and run to the trap bridge. If you take the right you will cross the trap, if you keep straight its where all the drakes are.  You can hang out at the intersection and camp there. then just pull to your camp. There is a named drake that spawned at the cross just before trap bridge. Dropped a medium level belt and a plate class mask, nothing to impressive.  Mobs at zone in are LB to 70 bst, further in, near drakes all were blue. The named hit for around 450s.

There is also 2 or 3 instanced zone inside Lavaspinners Lair. So dont count those as being a place you can zone out if you get in trouble. Suggest you get a levitate if you plan to cross the trap bridge and hug the right side of the bridge, trap is on left to mid center of passage.

Grbage

As suggested by Dakat, if going to stillmoon grab a task. Kill 20 or collect goblin meat.

Found a good place to solo in Stillmoon. When you ZI there is a building in front of you. Invis up and run into the building. Straight in (go under a set of circular stairs) there is a hall that T's, hang a right and follow the hall. It opens up into a CY with two opening off of it. I like to go to the second opening which takes you into a circular room with one mob in it. Kill the mob and now you have two CY's to pull from with only one respawn to worry about. Just time your pulls carefully and you wont get an add.

EDIT Forgot to put in, there is nothing past this point of the zone. Makes it better then the trains that sometimes happens at ZI and I rarely see anyone camping here while there may be half a dozen soloers at ZI
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

rdahl

Agree with Grbage, but they've added a few mobs since his post.

I solo almost exclusively near the Ascent iz in Stillmoon (I've found the Ascent iz to be doable but too much down time) and have only been trained once in several weeks.  While at the iz to broodlands trains are common, especially from the ubers returning from the Ascent who oft times don't bother to even invis and run every mob in the zone to iz (will ubers ever learn how to actually play this game?  /rant off).

There is the room where the Ascent iz is, 2 mobs spread far apart, easily single pullable., the hallway has 1 wanderer in it, easily single pullable, the big round room has 3 mobs in it all spread far apart and easily single pullable and next to that is a room packed with mobs but they are further in (I haven't tried to pull them yet but imagine they can be pet pulled if you have the pet suspend AAs), there is one mob at entrance easily single pullable for a total of 7 mobs after which the first ones have respawned.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

rdahl

They've added 2 more mobs since my last post.  In the room to the Ascent IZ they added another by the IZ itself, requiring a pet pull for the first of those mobs now.  And they added another wanderer in the hallways.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Iskandar

It seems like the mobs in some rooms change each time the servers come down. The golem room upstairs in Stillmoon is one where I notice this a lot... the first time I went there, it had five mobs (4 around the outside of the room, with two in the back and two in the front, and a fifth in the middle by the statue)... a few days later, Cazic crashed and when I went back later, there were just three mobs (two in the back and one in the middle)... this is how it remained until a patch a week or so later, after which there were just two mobs in the room, both in the front half... a few weeks later, after a server outage, there were four mobs, with one of the front guys missing... after the last patch, it's held steady at five again (though it could have changed in the last couple weeks, since I haven't had time to go there lately).
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.