Main Menu

Any Info on The Grey

Started by kobe008, April 12, 2005, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobe008

The Grey is going to be a new hotspot and I'm wondering if anyone has info on the zone.  Only hunting I've ever done there is when I camped my Lucid Shard which I got pretty quick so I was out of there quick.  From what I remember I easily soloed the mobs for the shard so maybe with it being a hot zone it can be an alternative to Grieg's End.  I'm currently 15% away from level 69 and want to get to 70 before I go back to AA.  My strategy in Greig's End is to box my retired 65 shaman for heals so I can pretty much kill non-stop.  The shaman stays out of group so the beastlord gets all the exp.  I know this will work in The Grey but I'm wondering about mob hitpoints and whether or not they would take too long to kill.  So is staying in Greigs better or is the grey as a hot zone a better option now?

Dumpty

from what i recall, LOIO had a negative xp mod, as well as the grey both.  I assuem it will still be worthless, much like the UP and PoTorment hotspots.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

kobe008

Ok I checked out the Grey and found out just about all mobs were already green at level 68.  Only dark blue mobs I found were the Sun Revenants which drop the lucid shard.  I killed all 6 and didnt' even get 1% regular exp.  So I guess it's back to Griegs.

Oneiromancer

Chardok B is supposed to be a decent place for Beastlords and it is now a Hotspot too.  Very annoying to get to but could be worth it for an extended xp session.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Stingite

Anyone have a quick and dirty guide for a beastlord getting to Chardok B?  I always wanted to check it out more in depth and the most I ever did was get dragged along with a raid to take out that shapeshifter raid mob there.  Must be a little taxing to get to the zone solo. /shrug  :-P

Oneiromancer

EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nusa

Fighting to CharB solo is only time-consuming, not hard. If you've not clear on the route to Char B, I recommend doing that the first time. Once you know where you're going, it's a whole lot easier to just train your way there (make sure nobody's in the way first). I prefer going in the lev-tunnel route, but the other way works too.

Unless Chardok has been been changed....I haven't been there since the max level was 65.

Stingite

So the tips and tricks from Oneiromancer's link to the post on getting to Chardok B from Chardok A zone in were as follows:

1- Faction in nurga first (or eventually Chardok B itself).
2- Buy a Mage COTH and give 'em a 100-200pp tip.

And Nusa recommends

1- Train to it or be prepared to take the time to clear to it (lev path > other path).

LOL! 

Now that I'm thinking about it, I did have one other expreience in Chardok when I was 65; I was jumped by 4 or 5 mobs while on my quest to recover a 57th level druid's corpse who thought he could solo in there.  I pulled through, but it was sketchy if I remember right.  Of course, I'm a gimp.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on the Grey.

Grbage

I tried the Grey in my early 60's, xp was horrid. I can't imagine it would be anywhere near considered decent unless they put a huge bonus on it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nekokirei

Someone on Alla's joked it's going from a -40 ZEM to a -20.

:mrgreen:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Dakat

if you spent a lenthy amount of time in Nurga / Droga, you might be at least indifferent to Chardok A and can walk your way to Chardok B. Once you start killing in Chardok B your faction in Chardok A gets higher and higher. Pretty soon you can walk to Chardok B unmolested.

Dasquid

You can also raise Chardok faction by turning in Mt Death Mineral salts and Green Goblin skins to Herald Techa at the Chardok zone in. People usually have plenty for sale in the baz so they shouldnt be too hard to get.