Main Menu

Fastest Duo AA xp

Started by Yamori, April 19, 2005, 03:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamori

What is the fastest place to get AAs with a bazaar geared 65 bst along with an ungrouped 2boxed 66 druid powerleveling him?

I've been doing griegs end and getting an AA every hour and a half, which seems a little slow.. I tried bloodfields and riwwi but the kill rates made them slower than griegs...

Any advice?

Sardarni

Oddly enough I would recommend spiders in lavaspinners lair, even the lb ones get 1%AA.  DS and heal the beast, snare or hobble the last spider.  I was doing durga and the lbs there were about 0.5% aa a kill.
Chardock B is a hot zone, you can try that.
I get an AA in 1.5 hours in GE, solo.  Is the Druid dotting the mobs?  Also, stay away from the mobs past the gate, they are higher level and not much more XP, just get the other mobs there. have the Druid Root, then dot the next mob, while the beast kills current one, just besure you find a good Dot that doesn't do more then 50% damage.  Also you might have to reroot a couple times, since they like to break root and that is extra damage.

Dakat

2 most logical choises at your level and gear.

Best:  Bastian of Thunder, CY.  Even with Baz gear, the bees never hit above 550, are full slowable. Do not hit for full amount consistantly. Gives 5% aa per kill. Keep the druid in the group with the beast to help kill/watch life and get more exp per kill. 

Second Best:  Any LDON. Start with Sro, get the points maxed for the camp, once you have done that, go anywhere else in LDON. This has many advantages. It's never camped (instanced), offers 3% per kill. Mobs die really fast. Hits are around 350, fully slowable. Helps you gear up the beast in LDON gear, which is just as good if not better than anything you can purchase in the bazaar, yet its free. Just need to work the points.

You will need a friend to invite around the same level, but once you get the adventure, the other guy can disband and off you go.

knute

greetings fist time poster, long time lurker.

im a 67 (13% from being 68 arrg) beast with 50 AAs some GoD gear and a few EP items but nothing major. id say that chardok B would be a great bet , especialy duoing with a druid.

ive been there about a week now soloing the entrance, there are about 15 or so mobs that spawn in the area all single pulls (if you time the roamers right) and a few spots that trigger spawns that you can hit if you if you clear all the regular mobs before the 24 minute cycle is up.

i can chain pull them with only needing a heal one in every 5 or so using paragon every time it pops so with a druid healing you should have zero trouble keeping up a fast flow. im getting about 1% regular every 7-10 kills (some odd skells are lt blue while roamers seem to be of a much higher level) and 2-3% AA per kill. i set my mind to it the other night and managed to rip off an AA in about 50 minutes but that was constiant action IE letting the pet finish the mob off while i was bringin the next one, and hasting and refreshing regen during the fight. usualy i can get an AA in an hr and a half tops with the normal afk or chatting breaks.

some things to be aware of, the mobs seem to have a really high MR . slow sometimes resists 2 or 3 times, ive even run into the odd one that resisted 7 times or more. usualy if i cant get it too stick by 75% i stop trying and just destroy it w/o slow they go down pretty fast and if you have any defencive AAs slow isnt a must have anyhow. id even go so far as saying that my only real down time is regening mana (i refuse to go to pok and beg/buy buffs) due to slows being resisted lol.

another thing to beware of is the named rabid chokidai lol i wasnt paying attention to the names i just slowed him and noticed that the slow was partialy resisted, they hit for the 300 range tops and drop all kinds of odd stuff good tribute gear and even some baz mule stuff. after that first supprise i just pull him now and let tigger tank him if i gotta blow mana on heals its much more bang for the buck healing the cat than healing me.

one final thing i have noticed though is that my exp drops like a brick if im grouped with anyone. the rates for some reason really drop off. i had a friend join me on a 50 rogue (mostly so she could get chardok A faction) and my exp droped too 1% in 20 mobs regular and about 1% AA per kill. not sure if it was a level spread problem or what but needless to say as soon as she was doubious (4 levels later for her lol) im back to soloing.

all around good spot, lots of spawns , easy pulling, no runers, good tribute drops  (41,000 tribute in 5 days)and even some upgrades or twink items, coin covers pet toys and the cost of the gate potion home in a 3 or 4 hr grind. and the mobs dont have the 3 million hitpoints of the moon zones so even if you are in average or even a lil below average gear you should have no trouble here.

and perhaps best of all, when your guild wipes on the fabled king and queen you can do the corps drag out of there chambers  :-D

Knute

kobe008

Quote from: knute on April 26, 2005, 09:55:57 AM
im getting about 1% regular every 7-10 kills

I soloed most of level 68 in griegs end and got 1% regular exp every 7-8 kills.  Might be easier to just stay in GE since mobs are aplenty and go down quick.

knute

yes but chardok B mobs arent the moon class mobs with stupid ammounts of HP and AC. the only thing holding back my exp in, well any zone really is the time it takes me n the cat to shredd a mob. less hitpoints mans less damage taken as well as faster kills. so for anyone that doesnt make a habbit of runing with KeI and convo on CB is a much better choice imo.  :-)

knute

Yamori

An AA in 50 minutes? Wow, thats much better. I'm gonna check out chardok B, thanks.

Kylanzek

I'd stick with Greig's.  Solo at 65, I get 2-3 aa per kill, an occasional 1%, and the mobs drop fast...maybe a kill per 90 sec at max.  I never have to heal (I have LR4 atm, and a nice pair of lifetap procing weapons) unless for some reason I get sloppy and grab a few mob, and usually I just let myself regen up after the fight while taking on more mobs.  The problem is, and I thinks its been mentioned somewhere else in the forums, its dull work.  Occasionally you go from strong barbarian to female high elf on a named mob, but mostly it slash and hack boredom.

I've dou'd here with my wife (65 Necro) and we clean house.  At 1% aa xp the standard on a kill, and considering as fast as we can kill them (30 seconds I am guessing), I can make as much as I can solo with company, so long as the zone is relatively free of other PC's.

Kylanzek
FV
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1202587
Savage Lord Kylanzek Breezybottom
68th Season Barbarian Beastlord
Member of Ring of Mystic Souls
Firiona Vie

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1202587