Main Menu

Griegs xp vs Hole xp at 65

Started by r06ue1, October 10, 2005, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r06ue1

I've been solo'ing in Hole when I can't find a good group and been wondering if it is worthwhile to run to Griegs or stay put.  In Hole I make about 4% AA per kill, mobs hit for 260-270 and cannot be slowed which makes them a drain on the mana and getting more than one potentially deadly.  Was wondering how the xp stacks up in Griegs % wise vs Hole xp.  Grinding out some AA before I move on to 70. 

Urgubal of Firiona Vie
Level 65 Troll Beastlord

Nekokirei

Spent a week in GE At 65, pretty sure i'm wasn't getting 4% per kill.  Probably a little closer 1.x.

But, never a mob tag me for more than 180 *maybe*--prolly closer to 160ish max.  Didn't run into any unslowable mobs--some are vilely resistant, but can be slowed.  Could chain pull mobs as they don't run, nothing sees invis except a few of the named, mana isn't an issue on self buffs and a clarity potion--usually don't need the potion but it's nice to have.  Could handle 3 at once in GE--not highly recommended but on the few times it's happened, was pleasantly surprised to be alive at the end. =)

Sounds like you've found a good spot that gives nice AA, but the downtime sorta negates the effect.  Likely, by the time you've finished a Hole mob and medded back up, I'd take out 2, maybe 3 and made as much AA or possible a teeeny bit more.  Only thing I'd recommend from my freshly lvl 65 self is investing in Offensive AA if you've not done so.  The GE mobs seem to have a lot of HP thus, it's worth any extra DPS boosts you can get.

I'm actually grinding out AA with much ease Tier E of Nurga.  Not as quick as other places, but steady.  Once I get my Offence up a bit, I'll head back to GE.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Gunzak

Carry clarity potions, hp regen/heal potions and a damage shield potion (Kilvas).  If a mob can't be slowed the damage shield, mine with potion is 49, will tear through a mob in the hole quickly as they have low hp.  The health potions will return any hp lost if you were to get low allowing you to keep killing.  Worst case you need to heal yourself or pet the clarity potions will help you regen mana.

I had some problems slowing in the Hole but never found any mobs that were immune just some that were very resistent.  I fought as far down as I could go just to see if there were any blues at 70 and I didn't see any though I did see a lot of lbs at the bottom.

As for GE I accidently pulled 5 mobs on me while farming tribute a few days ago and killed all 5 without too much problem once they were slowed.  Max hit is usually about 160 and they don't hit fast or even very often while slowed.  Money in GE is more abundant from gem drops and there are a bunch of named that can be farmed for plat or tribute.

If I could get 4% a kill solo I would gather up a backpack full of potions and stay there and farm AA like crazy.  I only get 4% a kill or better in MPG, RSS and DoN which requires me to sit around and look for a group where I would rather just run to the hole and have to rely on no one.

sicshift

ive been in the hole since my 40s. i mainly solo. at 65, the broken mobs are not efficient. the ruined mobs is what you need to be slaughtering. constructs and gargoyles are difficult to slow so i dont bother wasting mana or damage i could be doing myself by trying to slow those. i pull em with slow and i get a partial then woohoo if not oh well and beat em down. ghosts and rats i usually get slowed on the pull. right now its a hotspot and GE is not.  cash is nice there. up to like 6pp cash each plus the gems, jewels, runes and pages. after a couple hours i get anywhere from 1.5 to 2k total. tribute is good too. you have the old gargoyle, old construct. the garg drops a book that is 4500 trib the construct drops a mask and an earring that are both worth about 1700 trib. then there is the occasionall belt that drops off the ratman inhabitant that is 1700 trib. then you have the ancient gargoyle that drops sleeves for 9000 trib and the ancient construct drops the tome of miragal thats worth around 10k in bazaar on my server. also if you know where the port room is in the hole, you have an easy way out when you done or a nice fast escape route if in trouble. ive tried several hunting places and i always find myself back at the hole. been there 20lvls  :-D

r06ue1

Quote...also if you know where the port room is in the hole, you have an easy way out when you done or a nice fast escape route if in trouble.

Port room?  I always whip out my Overthere hammer to get out (which can be painful at times).  Where is this port room and where does it port you to? 
Urgubal of Firiona Vie
Level 65 Troll Beastlord

Gunzak

Its down near the bottom.  There are three portals one to Neriak one to Grobb and one to somewhere else.  There is a quest giver down there that gives a bag but I never bothered to do quest since its probly crap by todays standards.

sicshift

the port room is in area with the ruined gargs and constructs. ratman inhabitant and spirit of the old ruins are also in this area. the other portal is erudin. as you walk into the port room, there is a portal to the left, in front, and one on the right. erudin is the right and the one i always take. just depends on faction.  then the pok book is just outside of the zoneline. takes me less than 5 min to go  from the hole to pok  :mrgreen: