Main Menu

65 Feral Lord vs. Fiends in PoV?

Started by Sharzic, December 05, 2005, 02:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharzic

Well, when I've tried to solo PoV fiends I always get them to about 11% then I end up having to zone due to pet dieing or low mana  :x

I want to solo these blasted fiends so i dont need to group anymore  :-D (I prefer solo over group)

Any suggestions as to solo these? Get more AA's? Get better gear? or.... Get a new strat, I just pull with slow, tank till about 40% sit back and heal pet at 70% (She gets down to about 40% when I'm done and its not my SP pet haven't gotten lucky with the SP's) over and over till about 40% mana then cast paragon and tank a bit more :P....Btw, I have Symbol, BoT9, KEI, and other BST's buffs....

Anyone got advice?  :lol:

Shieara

The way I see it you have two options.  Option 1 is to kite them.  Option 2 is better gear.  I'm going to focus on option 2, because no offense but there are many things you could get that would upgrade you.  Also I hate kiting so...

Okay first things first.  You will need to go camp some gear, and also camp some things to sell to buy gear as well.

1.  Unless you are running tribute haste, drop Axgoreth's belt of defense and use spiked seahorse spined belt or soulscream belt if you can handle the zone to get the drop.  If not, keep the belt and go get silver chitin handwraps from Velks.  You need haste badly.  I know you have eyepatch of plunder but you want more.

2.   Mission two is to replace all blood weave with something better.  My first choice would be to do the fairy monster mission real fast in Nektulos for the neck.  If that isn't an option for you, the shell inlaid coller from Natimbi is not a bad choice.  If you have difficulties camping that, think about purchasing a tracking wolf coller or perhaps amulet of mummy wrappings.  For your head, scarred browband is one of the better choices since they seem fairly common and cheap.  Another option is corrupted girplan, or ornate.  If you must camp for a better hat, the bellows crafted that drops randomly in PoI is better, or you can pick up a Grobb Hide Cowl in Torgiran. 

3.  Mission three is to increase mana regen.  There are two items we must have.  First, ornate boots are well worth the price.  Get them, trust me.  You will want to replace one of your earring with a bone-studded loop.  You may have to spend some time smacking hill giants in rathe for cash on these, but it will be worth it for the FT and the nuke focus.  You may or may not want to put a solstice earring in the other slot.  If you don't do that, you can go camp the tiny mushroom earring in Corathus or there are tons of better earrings out there.

4.  Mission four is to do the Slipgear's gem quest and plunk that into any charm you can get.  Just use rogue shroud or invis/levitate.

5.  Sadly we are going to have to buy a few things here.  For arms, we could really use sleeves of constriction or watchman's arms.  If those are unavailable, there's a set of leather arms that drops in the Hole called, uhh, naturalist's something.  Those should be campable.  We also need to replace the pants and tunic.  For the tunic, a phase spider carapace is campable but might take awhile.  Other options are sludge hardened tunic, or ornate.  For leggings, moss-covered leggings, ripped leggings of the immortals, and watchman's breeches are all possibilities.

6.  Mission six is to get the epic 1.0.  You may need help on this.  There is a decent walkthrough somewhere on this website.  Once I got that I would mainhand the Wicked Shank and offhand the Epic claw.

7.  Mission seven is to either do the Coldain prayer shawl quest, get a ceramic shield of valor, or both.  Buff extension for the win!

Once you have done this, you will probably have increased your hp, resists, and stats by quite a bit.  You can keep trying to solo the fiends as you get upgrades, and eventually you will determine where you can stop.  If you want to continue upgrading your stuff, post in the equipment forums and I am sure others can give you suggestions.

Taiglin

Think I wore brined arms for a long while. The main thing is if you are going after gear in the baz do a search by hp and see what comes up. In addition to the Nek forest MM you might look into the SBM (face - uncommon), SK (range - common), and Undershore Freemind (ear - uncommon) ones. Would agree with everything Shieara posted. The seahorse belt wont be soloable but my guess is the silver chitin hands are cheap - everything being relative.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

rdahl

Just 1 addtion/change, if you do #6 first (epic) then you don't have to do #1 (haste).
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Chickennuggets

The thing that I have found about PoV... is that it isn't a great place to solo if you are tanking.  I usually go to BoT to solo some giants while lfg or just wasting time.  Recently I went back to PoV to help a lower guildy grab some exp... thinking I would go in and own was a mistake.  Granted we were doing WW camp, not the fiends, but ended up taking only slightly less damage than I do in BoT tanking.  My wizard was able to solo kite in PoV when she was 61... bst is now 70, and only slightly more efficiant.  The hits were all for around 2 - 300 for me (which is about the same I take in BoT except for a few in 500s).  Gear up some... get a few more AAs, and keep at it.  You will get them... but it will never be efficiant really.  If you do get past the first one though... remember to wait for the roamer that comes through before pulling the one at the end of the tunnel.  After that one you will see a Golem standing there, but will NOT see the other fiend right next to him behind the rock to the right... yes  he will add.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Sardarni

Well I'm a level 65 Beast with 274 AA, I also have most if not all the upgrades mentioned by Shiere.  The only way I can solo the fiends is pop off the Vet AAs, with the servant to heal, I can solo for 1/2 hour.  I do the double xp and get 10-11%aa per kill.  I get 7-8 kills in 1/2 hour.  Toward the end, the servant goes oom and doesn't heal so I might use a potion.

My magelo is
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268656
and is almost up to date.  I just got WA5, and will be getting the first 3 slipgear missions tonight.  Selfbuffed with KEI and without STR and DEX buff, my stats STR/WIS/AGI/STA are 305 and dex is 304 (slipgear will fix that). I tribute the haste.

On non-raid nights I like to go to POV and pop my vet AAs on the fiends, and  I've done both wall solo.  The crystal guys flee too much, even with pet snare, east wall is better with pathing, the other one has them going into the water then warp to the bridge..

Shieara

Yeah.  There are actually a lot more upgrades that he can get, but I was just trying to list some of the basics off the top of my head, that I knew were either campable, fairly cheap, or must haves.   Keeping in mind it has been awhile since I was 65, hehe.  You can go beyond that, but those are the basics pretty much.  Until that level of gear is reached can't really go for the harder things, because you just don't survive.  I'd start looking at DoN purchased or cultural armor at that point, and the DoN pet focus item as well.

However, I have got to say that the fiends wouldn't really be my solo choice.  I'd either go to BoT and do the buzzbees, or GE.  Or perhaps even Bloodfields or HS or something.  GE is boring but I still spend time there at 70, and at 65 I ground out a lot of aa there.  Nurga maybe still has dark blues at that level too...er...or Droga whichever the higher level one is. 

Or, you can kite them.  I haven't really done any kiting since the dot aggro change though, so I am not sure how hard it would be. 

Sardarni

Well I've done at least 200 aa in GE  :-o And I go there for straight long sessions.  Doing POV with vet AA is really fast aa, I could not do it that fast in GE with Vet aa, since I don't need the healing.  Haven't tried soloing Bloodfields or BoT.  Don't want to do HS, because it'll ruin my OT faction.  I like Inner AC for acrylia, GE for xp and tribute, PoV (with vet AA) for fast xp.  I used to do 1 aa in GE in 1hr 20 minutes.  Haven't tested it since the upgrades, maybe this week.

Shieara

HS = Harbringer's Spire.  Sorry I should have written that one out since it is confusing.   I am not sure if Howling Stones would be decent or not.

Sardarni

I think howling stone is a hot zone now.  As for Harbringer's Spire, I've been wanting to do it, just for the augs.  I'm curious what my aa rate is there, solo.  As for PoV, since the drops are pretty bad, other then the super vet 0.5 hour, I probably won't go there for a while.

Sharzic,
   At your level, and equipment, to get plat I would recommend Acrylia Caverns.  Outer is lb/green, but you can plow thru it.  If you can't handle 4-5 mobs at once in outer, I would not go to inner AC.  Sell the runes to a vendor (I get about 1Kpp an hour), then bazaar sell the acrylia (about another 1Kpp there) Also a couple named drops. Bring weight reduction bags. Good luck beastie bro.

Sharzic

One thing, while reading this, I forgot to mention, I am on a server with four expansions and some of the things I can not get (MM's)

Bazaar = wasteland, so not much armor for a decent priec  :|

A lot of this will help though, from what I think.

I've never been in IC of AC :P heck I didnt even know there was one :P

Thanks! As soon as I decide to log back on I will get crackin :D

Chickennuggets

Didn't realize you were on Mac server.  Never actually met anybody from there.  how is it?  Just like we were in pop, or different?
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Taiglin

For what it is worth I have vague memory of an old equipment post started from a guy on the mac server. Went on a bit of a hunting trip to see if I could find it.

For kicks the guy at the end of this thread is on the mac server and has a magelo but I don't think he plays anymore. You can click on his name and see 6 pages of his posts. This might be the guy I was thinking of. As you can see one of the things he did was the spirit wracked cords quest. He raided and don't think you do(?). Nurga might be a good place with all the named mobs + faction for this particular quest /shrug.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Sharzic

Well first off, Mac server is a great comminity.

They say its  a better community than PC but I view them as the same  :-D

The expansions we have are only up to PoP.

And, Zatrik, does play and I've seen him around a few times   :mrgreen:

so, any old world professionals know of anywhere I could solo for good xp?

Nurga = evil, I've went there.... Got lost into a pit.... no like  :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x

Edit edit::: We dont get updates, so everything is old...

Shieara

Okay,  assuming you have Kunark, Velious, Luclin and PoP here.

Could try Grieg's End, the Hole, Veksar if it is live for you guys, PoInnovation (or PoDisease), Acrylia Caverns, PoNightmare, Chardok B if it is live for you all, PoHate tier 1 assuming it is not the "old" PoHate, deep in Old Sebilis, and Siren's Grotto.

Well those are zones off the top of my head where I think you can still get exp. Let me try to think of some gear upgrades that would be available with your expansions.  I'd try for ornate for some of it, if you can find a group in BoT to camp the pieces.  These will all be things I didn't mention above, to save on typing, hehe.

/conjures up her misty past

Okay, uhh for shoulders another option is to get Obulus Death Shroud from Sebilis.  Random drop, and you can look up the details on Allakhazam.  Could get Opulent Earring of Ken from, err, Droga or Nurga whichever it drops in.  Spiritwracked Cords might be decent.  Hardened grey flesh sleeves from the Grey.  Gantru charm for your neck.  Leather greaves of civility from SG.

That's all I can think of atm.  I am sure there are more, it's just been awhile.