Main Menu

Where to go as a freshly dinged 66?

Started by Et^Cetera, December 31, 2005, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

Well, I have been exping alot nicely in the POI factory on spiders, but after hitting 66 about 1/3 of them are now Light blue.

For easy light hitting zones (like factory) I pair up with a 61 Magician and we speed kill everything but tend to run out of mobs very quickly. Anything else I use a 62 Druid partner. Magelo in sig.

Looking for somewhere new to take my pair, but with a restriction. The 2nd account only has expansions upto and Including POP. Even if I did have the new expansions, my machine REALLY doesnt like the graphical content and BSoD`s on me alot as I run both accounts on 1 box.

Many thanks.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Essant

Droga - mobs are up to level 62 in that zone, keep in mind that straight xp sucks post 66 no matter WHERE you go, its just a nasty grind that needs to be dealt with.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Gizzie

Best xp I have found recently has been doing Monster Missions, at 67 I am getting 9% per mission and that seems pretty quick to me as doing the grind in Griegs End when I cant do a mission seems real slow. Obviously doesn't help if you haven't got the relevant expansion of course :D

Cheers
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

Taiglin

Yeah I want to say that MMs from 66 to 70 will get you between 1 and 2 blues depending on level and mission. Might want to look into the Titanium pack as that will have every expansion for $20 when it comes out (Feb?). Still would need at least one more toon and anymore it may be more trouble then it is worth unless you were after some specific gear.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Et^Cetera

While monster missions have been mentioned twice, its not what I am looking for. I am looking for somewhere that I can take my PAIR of toons to 2box without being reliant on anybody else.  Besides, MM`s in EQ are like Paludal v2 (every ass and thier dog wants to be there).

Am not after `ubah` exp .. or wonderous loots - just somewhere nice (and productive) to spend 90 mins playtime when I log on.

I have parked them both in GE for the time being at the portcullis until I can think of somewhere better. All is darkblue so far.

Chickennuggets

Grab a KEI, and a symbol from a cleric and try BoT.  Or go up to WW in PoV.  Can always evac if things arent good.  Another good one you may want to try... and somebody here should be able to fill in what I can't remember is the (here's where it's gonna get good) that starts with a V.  Zone in  underwater.  Fight your way to the nobles camp... drop off right at the bottom of the ramp to exit quickly.  Should be decent exp, and can just camp and park at the bottom of that ramp safely.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Merescata

Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Chickennuggets

For the win!  Thank you Mere.  i think that would b a good spot for ya!
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Et^Cetera

I have had a quick look on the EQ store and seen that both Gates and Omens are down to $9-99 and was thinking of buying one of them for my 2nd account to free up some new hunting grounds. Given that I have extremely limited funds, I could probably only afford 1 of them

I know Gates came first so that makes it the logical choice.. but as I have never been to either Gates or Omens content with any of my people I am a bit clueless on what each expansion brings to the table. I am not looking for ubah loots or killer experience, just some zones that I can fight in as a duo, with perhaps some dropped upgrades that a BST/DRU pair could farm/fight.

As far as the graphic content crashing my machine, I seem to be ok "inside" or anywhere with walls, its only when I am in big wide open spaces that it causes me trouble.

Any comments?

Chickennuggets

OoW definately.  Eventually you will be able to farm your own runes and gear and stuff.  And don't forget about MPG and RSS groups for the uber exp camps.  Won't be able to duo there... but can certainly box in a group.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Grolyn

Quote from: Et^Cetera on January 03, 2006, 04:54:25 PM
I have had a quick look on the EQ store and seen that both Gates and Omens are down to $9-99 and was thinking of buying one of them for my 2nd account to free up some new hunting grounds. Given that I have extremely limited funds, I could probably only afford 1 of them

If you haven't vought them yet, I'd wait a month for EQ Titanium edition to come out, you get all expansion including DoDh for only $20.  You should be able to scrape up an extra $10 in a month if you can just wait.  This set should have you all set until the next expansion comes out which is probably this summer or late spring.

Gunzak

Plane of Nightmare near hedge.  All mobs will be dark blue and should hit for a max of about 300.  Can even do Gargoyles if you want and pick up nice loot as well as lots of Ethereal Parchments.  I went here at 70 while waiting for a PoNB raid and I made about 2% aa per kill so at 66 boxed with a 61 you should make about the same.

Plane of Disease at bonewall.  Umberbulks and Light Crawlers will hit for about 400 and are all dark blue at level 70.  There is little money to be made here but lots of Ethereal Parchments.  At 70 I get a little less then 2% a kill here.  Some are shadow kinghts that can harm touch so be careful here and bring heal potions from the PoK.

Griegs End.  The mobs here don't go light blue till 68 and then only a few do.  About 50% go light blue at 69 and about 90% are light blue at 70 unless past gate.  The mobs average hits are low 100s, dont run at low life and give good exp and loot.  I was able to kill about 40-45 per hour at 69 and can now plow almost non stop if I come here.  The only reason I come now is to farm tribute.

Plane of Mischief mobs will all be dark blue at 66.  The mobs can hit pretty hard though.  The mobs in the forest can hit in the 300s and the mobs near the castle can hit for 500s.  The experience is good per kill and the zone is empty almost 24 hours a day as there is little loot here.

The Hole is a hot zone so should be very good exp if you go in a bit.  Mobs don't hit hard but are resistent to slow.  You should get good experience here and your mage should get very good experience here.

Plane of Valor has several mobs near the entrance that look like worms.  They can hit for over 400 but are quickly killed with good dps.  The experience should be good at 66 and very good at 61.  You can also do the phlarg and stone golem mobs near the cave if you can heal off the 500 hits.  These will be very good aa experience for the 61 mage and descent aa experience for your 66 beast.  Once you get 67 or 68 and your 5 levels above them the experience will drop a lot.

If your 2 boxing a beast and mage just make sure your bring lots of heal potions, kei potions and haste potions from the PoK as they will help a lot.  You can also use tribute to help in mana regen and hp regen as well as other nice benefits.

Gunzak

As far as OoW and GoD I would not bother with GoD as you will not be able to do more then 3 zones for experience here.  Natimbi, Quinimi and Riwwi.  Anywhere else will require a very well geared group or a good kiter.  I took a group to Ferubi and we got pawned but it was awhile ago.  Natimbi does have a hp regen necklace your beast can use and a mana regen neck your mage can use.  you can also get ok gear off the named as well as 20hp augs from the named undead.  Riwwi can drop a 15 regen tunic but after about 20+ hours there I still have never seen it drop so I gave up and moved on.  At 66 there will be few dark blue mobs in Natimbi except at the Quinimi zone line.

You could 2 box in Draniks Scar in OoW if you wanted assuming you buy the expansion.  No spell runes drop here but the experience should be good and there are a few named here you could 2 box for augments as well as ok gear.  If you level your beast and mage or druid up you could 2 box in Bloodfields and Harbinger's Spire.  Beyond these 3 zones you will have a lot of trouble unless you level up or get a group.

Bibble

Lvl 58 mobs in and around the castle inside The Hole. Hit for 270ish. Everything but ghost and rats have pretty high MR, but poison and cold dd are fine. Nothing but ghost and rats run. Excellent XP with the modifier to the zone. If you can get inside the room with the seal that is a nice place to pull to. I don't have much knowledge about that part of the hole, though.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Tiroon

OoW if it has to be only one expansion. Otherwise go with Titanium.

There are two more places on my list of places to give more than passing attention, Sol C and Torgiran. Here are the posts that piqued my curiosity:

Sol C
Totgiran Mines

Gunzak, thank you for your list and I will visit some of those places you suggested!

Two of the mentioned places are on my list because of the rare drops. PoM has confirmed drops of rare research components including Yaeth's 73 right. Sol C seems to be one fo the places where Toharon's 22 can drop.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.