Main Menu

Where to go as a freshly dinged 66?

Started by Et^Cetera, December 31, 2005, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

Well, I tried a few places, Went to GE, but it just bored me senseless, but I also kept running out of mobs while at the portcullis/gate thing puling from both sides. I also  gave PoS a try, along with PoV and BoT to get the "within 5" bonus and while I killed 1 every 3 mins or so, it just wasnt efficient as far as exp per hour. Getting 1 add was ok, but it drained the mana, and getting 2 adds was evac time.

So I went back to one of my old haunts, Chardok B. And it seems to be the place for 67. The extra level or 2 really helps you tear through mobs.

My life taps take care of most of my damage taken and I only need to heal when I get multiples which isnt often. Holding Paragon for that helps aot too. All was DB at 66 and about 20% of it turns LB at 67 but its still the best zone for me at the moment. Average parsed fight time is 58 seconds and had no downtime at all during the 90* minute session I had.  Most are undead, so no runners and no casters either.

A few trap mobs and wanderers keep you from getting bored and as usual you get the zone to yourself. Have had a wander down into the south east corner which is really the same as Zone In. Will head through the castle to the west side next week maybe.

At 62-65, this zone was a bit of a struggle but at 66+67, its what a BST loves, loads of mobs just on the cusp of turning LB so lots of quick kills. I just hope not too much of it goes LB at 68, or I might hold at 67 for a while. Its also STILL a hotpot, so grab it while it lasts.

* I use 90 min play sessions as thats the length of time SD, SV, 9, IoS + Kragg last. and it means I have a similar play-time each session for comparing exp per hour/session rather than exp per kill.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Gunzak

Well the gate mobs in GE give barely better exp for about twice the hp as mobs near the zone in.  You should be able to find a non stop amount of pulls near GE zone in that give around 2% aa per kill at 67 since none will go light blue till 68 and even then most are still dark blue.  I know this because I soloed from 68-70 almost exclusively in Griegs End and did a bunch of 67 there as well.  Last time I did a serious AA grind in GE I think I killed 44 mobs in 60 minutes but I am sure I could kill even more now.

The only benefit to the inner part of GE is the named mobs.  You can find 4-5 different named after the portculis area that drop several different items.  None of it sells for much anymore but its all worth great tribute.  The book that can randomly drop from named can go for 15,000 tribute.  I will usually hit GE when I am low on tribute and can make as low as a few thousand or as much as twenty plus thousand in about 30-45 minutes.

At level 70 there are only 2 places I solo for exp now.  Griegs End, just for quick tribute, and Plane of Fire C1.  PoF is still pretty slow for me, about 4 min per kill and med, but its still an AA per hour or 1.5AA if I use vet since the mobs give 7% AA per kill.