Main Menu

Grieg's End

Started by Dakat, January 26, 2004, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grolck

I'm just wondering if they completely took out the old sound effects? Those were so damn creepy, I loved it! but since revamp, the only sort of sound I hear is this crappy pc speaker-sounding music. I love the changes otherwise, but it lacks the same creepy experience... could it just be a bug on my end though?
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/79108/GrolckSig.jpg">

Akiea

Just a little FYI here:

Trying to solo the SoL there = Really bad idea.

That is all
Cherick  Lk'Outgoat
Firiona Vie
Cherick's Magelo

Skrunch

Nah they took the sounds out I think unless I have the same bug.  I used to love the creepy feeling I got from the effects there.  That little girl saying, "mommy I'm lost" used to send shivers up my spine.  I notice that the mobs don't morph you anymore either, that kinda sucks.  All in all, good exp though.

TerjynPovar

The monsters do still morph you, however it is very very rare.  More common on names but even rare on those.  I do, however, have a picture of myself fighting a name as a Vampire while my Warder was a gnome...taken like a week ago.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Morganti

i should have taken the screens of my first venture into GE when the named turned my warder into a halfling, and my friends warder into a troll...

SoL == Pwns you...heh

Dakat

They still do on occasion, but only from named mobs. Least thats the ones who got me looking like a gnome.

Felidae

And some of the illusions change your gender.... too weird.

Dakat

Just tested this with my bot druid. It is considered an outdoor zone. So you can use horse/dogma and with my druid, I was able to harmonize the entrance mobs and single pull them with my 53 druid.

Dakat

Kinash

I tried my Droggie once in there... got stuck in the ceiling! Had to dismount, shrink and re-mount.... luckily I wasn't attacked first! :lol:
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Vahaus Warder

Here's a good one. I had a good time in there, I'll definatly be going back.

http://eq.netadmins.org/everquest/image/EQ000029.jpg

Funzo

Just got done trying this out for the second time. I have to say this was some easy exp once you get your spawns and buffs timed.

My gear is nothing special, but I was able to keep my mana pool above 70% and my pet really never was tested by many of the mobs.  I'm thinking of building a summer home here.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Dakat

I took my druid in there the other day to box with.  She is level 55 now.  She dinged 55 while there.  What I can tell you about the mobs, they all are lvl 54 and higher.  Every mob conned even or higher. Most all were 54 and some 55, 56's thrown in (con yellow). These were all at the entrance and surrounding area from DSP zone in.  Mobs hit like babies compared to POP. Roughly 150 per hit on average, but that is a huge average.  I get hit in the 70s to 180s. Mobs go down fast with the druid throwing out dots. I dont even cast dmg spells with the beast if I have the druid with me. Since the mobs usually are dead before spell finishes.

Coprolith

I went back here yesterday to PL a new char. After 3boxing LDoNs with its many triple and quad pulls this place feels like a newbie zone. At some point i started pulling multiples on purpose. Definitely the easiest xp grind in game, together with Torgiran. Mobs at zone hit for 160 max, warrior type mobs have ~10k hps, casters considerably less. Above average resists tho. Its a good thing these mobs don't run when low on health because by the time my druid would have them snared they'd be running already.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)