Main Menu

Grieg's End

Started by Dakat, January 26, 2004, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felidae

With Griegs now a hot spot XP is that much better.  Some servers, though not mine, are reporting it crowded.

Xarilok

Even the ones that are crowded now will soon be back to normal.  All the max exp with least risk dolts will soon be back to huggin a zonewall in ovalorthere or bastilion of karnors.  Also, just invis up, and run run run, at least to the middle of the zone, preferably farther, and you will be alone.

Was there a few days ago, around 20 in the zone, not a soul near the center.  That's with about 10 65's there too...wussies, heh.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Vidyne

Not many go past center... most seem to like the first few rooms /shrug...

I go to whereever i have a med spot.. even tho i dont need it, just because i have to afk at times, not med.

Dakat

mobs in the center are actually better exp. They are 2 or 3 levels higher then the ones near the exits but die just as easy.

As far as a bunch of 65s in the zone. Its probably because they were after the Servitor or Greig himself.

Xarilok

No, neither were up.  The 65s just saw that it was a hot zone, and came in to check it out, I guess.

Tardar

GE is good xp solo at 65.  I go there all the time.  What's  wrong with that?

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Dakatmobs in the center are actually better exp. They are 2 or 3 levels higher then the ones near the exits but die just as easy.

I disagree, they have noticeably higher hit points in my opinion.  I'd rather kill the lower level dark blues and get about the same exp faster (and not get hit as hard, and get fewer adds).

If the non-center mobs turn light blue soon after 65 then I might think about moving to the center if there aren't any other good places to hunt.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Chubaka

Quote from: Oneiromancer
Quote from: Dakatmobs in the center are actually better exp. They are 2 or 3 levels higher then the ones near the exits but die just as easy.

I disagree, they have noticeably higher hit points in my opinion.  I'd rather kill the lower level dark blues and get about the same exp faster (and not get hit as hard, and get fewer adds).

If the non-center mobs turn light blue soon after 65 then I might think about moving to the center if there aren't any other good places to hunt.

Game on,

Totally.  The kill rate in the center really hurts the exp per hour.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Xarilok

Quote from: TardarGE is good xp solo at 65.  I go there all the time.  What's  wrong with that?

Nothing, I was referring to groups of 3+ peeps, all 65, from the same guild.

There isn't much that a 65 warrior, ranger, chanter, cleric is gonna do aside from kill the higher level stuff.

Thats the kind of 65s I would see pop in and just hang out in the lower level stuff.

I (62 bst) and my wife (62 druid) and 1-2 others 55-62 can mow down the lower level stuff so fast that its not worth killing it.  Needing to clear 50+ spawns means there is a lot of time between kills, which is wasted time.

30 secs killing, 10 secs pulling = 1 kill per 40 secs for 1% AA duo

or

1 min killing, 10 secs pulling = 1 kill per 70 secs for just over 2% duo

plus the center mobs are 57-59, meaning high-con bonus for level 62 toons.

The killing time to pulling/moving time in the lower stuff is bad for exp with a few level 65s.  Solo, yes, stick with the lower stuff.

Aneya

Why pull 1 when you can get 3 :P
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Dakat

Mobs in the center do hit slightly harder. Think they hit for 202 while front mobs were 189?  I forgot that when I was there, I had a box druid that would harmony pull. So yeah I can see where getting singles would be difficult.

The mobs here though are 2 or 3 levels higher. Some conned even to my druid at 59, but was rare. Regardless, they did provide more exp per kill due to being higher in level then the level 54 and 55s at the zone outs.  If you can handle an add, I would go here. From DSP side, make pet suspend and invis up. You can walk all the way there safely. When you get to the center, there is a gate you have to click that opens. Sitting here and you can go afk for hours and never get attacked.

If you can OT one while pet deals with another. Similar to PoI, if you can handle PoI, this would be cakewalk for ya.

Oneiromancer

It's not that they hit harder, it's that they have much more hp.  If you're more than 5 levels over these mobs (which you will be at 65) you will get much more exp from killing lots of lower dark blues than from killing fewer higher dark blues.

It's one reason why deep Droga is nice, the mobs are 59-61 so the higher level ones give 65s a bonus to the experience.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tatter

I solo all the time here while LFG .. At 65 it is pretty good .

I can get better in a group but .. It is hard to beat solo EXP at 65 .. Thats why you see us there ..

65 BST can own this place . I only got like 65 AA and still own it hard LOL .

Need to update Megalo .. to reflect my new AA's .. But I got 65 . Thats not much but good enough .
Feral Lord
Tatter [ http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1081882 ] L 70 BST
Tunare

Vahaus Warder

The zone is far too crowded at the moment. Hopefully it will slow back down, that has aways been my solo spot expecially when I don't feel like grping or know I'll have to go afk a lot.

I zoned in last night and you couldn't move because of the folks at the zone. I did a /who and it showed over 260 folks in the zone. I camped in disgust.

Chubaka

Quote from: Vahaus WarderThe zone is far too crowded at the moment. Hopefully it will slow back down, that has aways been my solo spot expecially when I don't feel like grping or know I'll have to go afk a lot.

I zoned in last night and you couldn't move because of the folks at the zone. I did a /who and it showed over 260 folks in the zone. I camped in disgust.

260? holy crab-cakes.

I still never seen anyone in there on Terris.  Sometimes 1 group will be there or someone will be soloing.   Weird how servers differ.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088