Main Menu

Grieg's End

Started by Dakat, January 26, 2004, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sardarni

Yea, I have 115ish aa now and just farming AA there.
I have LR5 and CS1 and just use paragon for healing, so I'm just working on DPS aa for now.  I can get an aa in about 80-90 minutes cleanuing out the mobs before the gate.  I would occasionally PL guildies in thier 50s there, but since it cuts down on my XP, I don't do it much anymore.
After I max my DPS, then I'll get my defensive up and level and/or move.
I love that zone.
I love that zone.

I hope it stays a hot zone for a while, oh, and I love that zone.

Gnarlena

I have just started hunting in GE and love it.  I used the map at the beginning of this thread and have explored everything in that area, but it is incomplete.  Does anyone have a link to a full map of GE?  Right now I am not sure where the line of demarcation is between "inner" and "outer" Griegs although I have heard several people mention inner griegs.  Are there any established camps? or do the named just pop randomly?
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Oneiromancer

"Inner" Grieg's is past the large gate/portcullis from the DSP side.  From the Scarlet Desert side I don't recall any large landmark but looking at a map of the whole zone it's pretty obvious in my opinion.  The only nameds that aren't random are probably Grieg and possibly some leading up to him, I don't know as I've never raided him.  The nameds that pop in "Outer" Grieg's do so on both sides of "Inner" Grieg's.  The nameds that pop in "Inner" Grieg's definitely drop better stuff...got a 15k tribute book from one of them one night.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

TerrorizzerTz

So is GE gonna be good for straight AA exp want to get MGB and Pet Hold before I move on back to lvlin for raid purposes.
Terrorizzer Whenbearsattack 72 Ogre Feral Lord of Shining Alliance
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=938982

Tardar

2% a kill.  More like 1.5% a kill at level 70 where most on the DSP side are LB.  I don't know of a better Bst solo spot.

Helspawn

I did some leveling here but AA is the way to go if your doing solo.  Even after the hot spot changes exp here is easy and moves quite decent.  Now that most have left on my server I find it hard not to chain kill mobs at 66.

Jequec

Restless night, so I will tell ya how I go about doin Griegs.

I walk in from DSP side and buff up in the entrance area.  I then use pet pulling (suspend current pet and use our level 49 summon)...send that in and pull 1 of 3 mobs that is in the first room.  Take him out.  Then I pet pull one of the other 2 in the room and do the same.   When starting there will usually be a trapped mob in there as well.  So I run in and send pet on one, and then I will take the trapped mob that spawns.  First room clear.

To the left side of the room there is a hall with a mob in it.  He singles.  Destroy him.  Then comes a room with 3 mobs, one of which seems to be Bronus quite often (who is green to a lvl 70--always drops nodrop neck) Anyway, when you walk up to the room, you should be able to see a mob in the far left corner, pet pull it and kill it single.  Then you can enter room and take a very fast and very hard left to avoid aggroing the mob that is "straight out" from the hall.  You take a left and there will be a mob in that corner which you can use pet and yourself to push into corner and avoid aggroing the other.  When it falls pull the other and kill it.  Proceed on and the next door you come across goes to a room with 4 mobs in it, each in a corner.  Using the same technique as the last room, I just rush quickly to a corner and kill each mob where it stands.  Leave the room and proceed.  The next door has a room with 2 mobs in it, one directly to the left of the door.  And one straight out from the door.  I send pet on the one that is visible, and when the other comes to assist, I pull it out and kill it.

The next room is the courtyard, 7 mobs and 1 trapped one (who is straight out from stairs).  I take a left-jump off the stairs and kill the one in the corner.  Then pull the mob in the opposite corner.  Then activate the trap to the bottom of the stairs.  Then there should be a couple of mobs who are too close to be singled, I save them for last and clear the rest of the CY, including a mob who is "tucked away" in the aclove that is opposite of the stairs.  Once the CY is cleared, I kill the duo by splitting with my pet and myself.

Instead of continuing through the acloved area that is straight out from stairs, I go back up the other set of stairs on the far end of the room.  Generally 1 mob and a trapped mob in there.  Can go in and fight the mob by himself if he is alone, and if trapped mob pops, then split with pet.

Proceed (which is actually going back to DSP zoneline) and you'll come to a room that has no mob near the door, so don't worry =)  There will be a mob in the center of the wall you are now facing, and one that is diagnal from him on the opposite side of the room.  The carpet in this room is also trapped.  These guys are all fairly simple single pulls.  I pull the closest, then the farthest, then activate the trap.

Then you proceed, which takes you back to the first room that I talked about.  You'll have to do the pet pulling technique from a different angle this time.  But it seems that it is only after every second time through that the trap (or any of the trapped mobs, for that matter) are up.  Just be careful =)

In any case, doing this loop works for me.  Sometimes it's hard to clear it for the first time because people will come in and annihilate their way to the Gate.  But once you can clear it once, you are in control of the spawns.

Happy Hunting,

Kivuli

I usually just pull rooms at a time. They don't hit hard and once they're slowed they're just annoying rather than dangerous. Seems to go quicker that way.

Grbage

Ive never actually entered GE from DSP side. Is the xp there same/better/worse then the GE side mobs?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Oneiromancer

Huh?  Entering GE from the GE side?  Read that again...

There's the Dawnshroud Peaks (DSP) entrance, which most people use I assume since it's the easiest to get to.  These are lower level mobs, low 50's.  Then from DSP you come to a portcullis and enter the central part of the zone, with higher level mobs, high 50's.  Continuing through the zone you will come to the Scarlet Desert (SD) zone...there isn't an obvious demarcation between the center and the SD side like there is between the center and the DSP side, but at some point the mobs will be lower level again.  There is no difference in the mobs between those near the DSP entrance and the SD entrance, but I find the DSP side to be much easier for single pulls.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Since dinging 65, I've discovered I can easily solo GE with self-buffs only.  In fact, it seems better to use self-buffs b/c invetibably, the first caster I run into will dispell KEI/Vict/Virt--it's like they've got a blinkin' radar or something.

I prefer the SD side for a variety of reasons, and, as I was testing the boundries of the hunting, I came across this fellow, Praetorian Myral in a spire room.

Was a bit surprised b/c he sees through invis and it was pure luck I conn'd him.  Read up on him on Allas and, trying to figure out if he's Beast soloable.  Just curious if anyone at 65 or higher managed it.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Shieara

He's soloable.  You can kite him with hobble if he has the DA hammer, or you can tank him if he doesn't.  Well, okay I say you can tank him but depends on gear I guess.  I've done it a couple times.  Kinda a long fight though if you kite.

Nekokirei

thanks Shieara. most the time he's down b/c cleric go for hammer, but, figured since i'm working on suspend minion 2, once done, i could clear the mobs around him and get him single, kite as needed.  saw he had insane regen so figured it'd be a long fight with the possiblity of repops--fortunately, his room isn't that far off the ZL. =)

thanks again.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm