Main Menu

Protection of Calliav vs Grieg?

Started by Rakarr, June 24, 2004, 04:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakarr

Hi everyone. Kinda newbie raider here. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with using Protection of Calliav against Grieg in ME.

Last time I fought there I just ended up making face-shaped imprints in the walls every ten seconds as I got punted around by the AE. I suspect I'm not going to be able to land many hits on him myself this time, but I have almost enough points for Calliav.

Has anyone done this raid with PoC and found it to be worthwhile? Obviously I'm going to be listening to the raid leader and going with whatever they say, but I'd like to be as prepared as possible. I can't think of many ways of doing damage other than pet or ( maybe ) landing a DoT if I get lucky and I'd like to be contributing something positive :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

rraane

I don't normally use Calliav during a raid, and only sometimes when I am soloing. It really does not that much damage, like4 maybe 5 hits from a POI mob.  I did not use it last time we did Grieg and I believe we were not allowed to use pets during that battle or something weird. I did get tossed around a bit during it, that was fun getting thrown down the stairs... but I think that perhaps resists help with that?

The amount of damage absorbed is just not worth our casting the spell in a lot of situations.

If you are wanting to do more damage sit back with the healers and cast your dots and nukes and then run in a melee :-)

Rraane

Dhantes

Calliav isn't a rune it absorbs a number of attacks 3... so i mean its not gonna be good for using against exping mobs but should be useful against AE mobs like grieg... Though grieg AEs a ton so not sure if your gonna be able to keep it on your pet (refresh is 30secs) best bet with grieg is hope a bard is in the raid and can get your MR over 300... though if you wall him properly he is pretty easy.

Strigori

PoP pets arnt stunned by Greigs attack anyway, his AE is like one of the chanter AEs, and has a max level of the npc it effects, thinking 49 for some reason.   Tell your raid leader that rraane, pets are awsome agasint grieg, only your rangers with AM3 are going to out dps  buffed pet(wellother than wizards) becasue of the snare/knockback/stun AEs on grieg will keep your melee out of the fight

It will take the damage off him for the 3 casts, but with how fast he casts it wont do a whole lot, but it will let him live a little longer
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Kylaz

Been doing Grieg a few times before I had Cailliav, and spent a lot of my time trying to keep my pet alive, and beeing interrupted myself by AEs. I'd say I lost perhaps 40% of my melee DPS just to keep pet alive (.

After Cailliav, it became a breeze - one refresh at most, and my pet lives through the whole fight. I cannot recommend this spell enough for Grieg.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail