Main Menu

General spell question

Started by Nekokirei, August 25, 2004, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

I'm trying to use the /memspellset, but, I'm just not getting any joy.

I've tried a variety of combos--the error message I get from EQ is looks like good ol'fashioned Un*x  redirection and piping to me, but it doesn't seem to work like a <>|.

Would anyone mind posting a quick walkthrough example of how they use /memspellset?  I'd much appreciate it!

Thank much :)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

Well, I just right-click on the spellbook and use the options there to Load or Save a spellset...I've never used the text command.  Have you tried that yet?

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Quote from: OneiromancerWell, I just right-click on the spellbook and use the options there to Load or Save a spellset...I've never used the text command.  Have you tried that yet?

Game on,

Oh boy, looks like I'm all in the Kool-aid and don't know the flavor! :D

Are spellsets created by the player(me in this instance) or are they the "catagories" of spells already defined by the game? eg Statistic Buffs  (which breaks down to Armor Class, which breaks down to the individual spells), Utilitly Beneficial, etc?

btw I live in Mission Hills and stumbling distance to/from Shakespheres; if you're ever interested in hefting a pint or two, lemme know.  :wink:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Eatbugs

The categories you're talking about are just a convenience for ordering the spells in a way that lets us find them.

Spell sets are created by the player - memorize a set of spells you think you'll use again, click on the spellbook in your spells window, and choose "save spell set" (I think that's it, coffee hasn't kicked in yet) and give it a name.  After that, you can load that set of memorized spells again.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Savrik-Karana

If you right click on a spell slot, you'll get a list of categories.  If you scroll over a category, you get a list of subcategories, scroll over a subcategory and get a list of spells.  Left click to mem.  This works a lot like the windows start menu.

You can also save a lineup of spells as a spellset.  Mem whatever spells you want (it can be less than the full 8, I'll say why this is good in a second), right click on the book and select Save spell set.  It'll pop up a box for you to name it.  Now you can right click on the book and select load spellset and choose the name to load those spells.  It will automatically erase your spells and mem the ones in your set in the position you had them when you saved the set.

If you have less than 8, the slots you didn't fill won't be erased if you load that set.  So if you have a set of four spells you always use, you can make a base spellset and create a bunch of utility sets for the other 4 slots.  If you have the same spell in the same slot in two spell sets and switch between them, the spell will not be erased.

Nekokirei

Oneiromancer, Eatbugs, & Savrik,

NOW I get it!  Many, many, many thanks!  I was perusing a "Helpful hints" list and saw the /memspellset and thought "damn my eyes but that looks handy...if only I could get it to work"

I very much appreciate the help.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Savrik-Karana

More than happy to help.  It's SO handy to be able to go "Okay, pet buff set"  buff pet "Solo set" and be ready to pull rather than find the spell for each slot, and 90 times easier to go "Okay, need my 65 DD, right click, direct damage, cold, top of the list" rather than searching the book

Nekokirei

I finally got a chance to save a few spells sets.  OMG!

/smacks self on forehead

40 Levels--well, 31 really--I've been wasting time w/the right click the gem, scroll through subcatagories, sometimes accidently selecting a spell already memmed etc.

Gawds I love this function!  Buffs, travel, standard combat, special combat, pet, etc.  all in a single right click and select.

Now I've got 25 levels of using this to make up for the previous 31. :)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Nekokirei40 Levels--well, 31 really--I've been wasting time w/the right click the gem, scroll through subcatagories, sometimes accidently selecting a spell already memmed etc.

I wouldn't say that's wasting time...it's still faster than going through your spell book unless you have moved the spells to close to the front and all in the same place or something...I rarely use spell sets anymore actually since I move my spell gems around enough...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dakat

there are the commands you can use as well. Say for instance your mouce isnt working and you need to load a saved set.

/memspellset name whatever you named your saved spell set. It might be /loadspellset its been a bit since I used this.

/savespellset name save spell set with name indicated

/deletespellset name deletes the spell set with the name indicated.

Mneumenth

I loved it when they put this in...

Buff
Buff Pet
Normal
Group

Makes it very nice.  I think you can have up to 10 sets.
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."