Main Menu

Soloing & Twinking/Two-Boxing

Started by Sorien, July 17, 2005, 11:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

Don't usually post here, but just had to get this off my chest...  

Soloing:  Do all soloers have to be anti-social twits to go off by himself and test his abilities against MOB'S to determine his advacement through the game?  It is difficult to determine (without the use of outside programs) your usefullness in a group/raid due to the battle spam.  Sure, you can look like you are doing good things, or think you are doing good things, but looking and doing aren't the same thing!  
If I or any others want to go off and solo, it's not because we are anti-social twits, but because we want a little alone time or time to test out wits against the game, one on one (Err, maybe one on two or three if a bad pull)  Hehe.  
What I can not believe is the audacity of others to say... 'Oh, we can steal from that guys camp since he is just soloing'.  WHY?  He is doing the same as you are, killing mobs for xp.  That toon got their first and has every right to the mobs that he has camped!!!  A group would be quite pissed if someone came up to their known camp and took mobs from them!
Also, I believe that the only reason that there is this attitude between soloers & some non-soloers is because they are JEALOUS that they can't do the same thing & have to sit on their butts doing NOTHING while looking for a group while us 'soloers' can do something about it!

Two-Boxing/Twinking: I happen to think that these two terms are one in the same as the answers as to why we do them are close to being the same.
-Why do we twink?  To be able to kill bigger & better things at lower levels.  To go to zones that one would not usually be able to be or stay in at the given level.  To be able to do more with less in group if need be.
-Why do we Two-Box?  To be able to kill bigger & better things that we normally wouldn't be able to while solo or lfg.  To go to zones that one would not usually be able to be or stay in while solo.  To be able to fill out a group better since it is difficult to find certain classes.

To sum up - Those who look down on two boxing... Go sell all of your stuff that you bought from the BAZAAR back and actually go KILL MOBS that drop armor to put on your toon, because as I have stated above, TWINKING is the SAME THING as TWO-BOXING!  

But you say that the reason why we cannot find other healers in-game is because they are being two/three/four/five/six-boxed?  Normally, the person who is boxing that healer would NOT EVEN MADE a healer if it wasn't for the problem of finding one.  There are a fraction of the amount of people who actually LIKE to play behind a healer, which is what is reflected in the EQ Healer population.  Not that I hold the healer population in contempt or anything, it just takes a special person to sit behind a healer toon and like it.  Usually, the giving people of the world.  

Does two-boxing take away from other peoples opportunities in a group?  NO!!  WHY???  Because if that person two-boxing the healer wasn't two-boxing a healer, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO GROUP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Hrann

Well, I don't have any comments on the post itself.  I was just checking... Dippity?  Used to play on Povar, possibly in RP?