Main Menu

How to max stats on pet now?

Started by Tzuka, November 12, 2004, 11:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tzuka

Ok, i have 2 questons. First of all: since our stats increased past 65, do our new pet's stats increase, too?

And second of all - which buffs do we need to max our new pet's stats now? I remember at 65 they said it was enough to just have our haste, proc, and IOS on them to max their stats, but what about now?

Choppin

I sort of doubt it, I can look if giving my pet a sta buff changes its hps..
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Coprolith

The only pet stat that was ever worth bothering about was dexterity. STA never did anything, and the effect of STR was so marginal as to be not worth the mana. I very much doubt that has changed. The 68 pet haste buff now has a damage modifier instead of a STR buff and i don't think thats a coincidence. That left only DEX since it had a noticeable effect on the proc rate. The +75 dex added from the spell proc and +55 from IoS have always been enough to max out our pets proc however.

The real question is if the +130 maxxed out the proc rate because it maxxed the pet's dex or if it maxxed out the proc rate because of a cap on the proc rate itself. I've always assumed that pets suffer from the same hard cap on proc rates as we do, since the mechanics of pet procs are the same as pc procs in every other respect as well.

Even below 65, player characters gained no noticeable improvement for DEX going from 255 to 305; proc rate seems to cap out well below 305. I've yet to see a recent parse of proc rates at DEX over 305, but i wouldnt get my hopes up seeing any noticable improvement there either.
Again I very much doubt that this situation has changed and until i see any indication that the hard cap has been changed, either from pc proc parses or npc proc parses, my advice is to just do what you've always been doing. Or you could spent 100 mana every hour and add Dexterity to the pets buff line-up. *shrug* Small price for your mental security.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Sorien

Sor your telling me that every time I cast STR, STA, AC, etc buffs on my pet, it is a waste of time?  Aigee!  I've been wasting my time medding after buffing.  

So... exactly what buffs should I be putting on my pet atm?  I'm currently lvl 56 with all the spells except for Snow & Fire Pet quest procs.

Sorien

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4498

NVM on the reply.  I found  it a few posts down.  Woohooo, gonna save alot of time now buffing pet.  :)))