Main Menu

Starting New Epic for non Holder of the Epic 1.0

Started by Ganellon D'Alinor, September 16, 2004, 02:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganellon D'Alinor

As i found no where the answer here is the beginning for non holders of the Epic 1.0

Starting At Shar Vahl

=> NpC Can be found near the Bard Guildmaster, on the roof : Your Location is -163.23, 465.30, -104.62

[Wed Sep 15 16:28:48 2004] You say, 'Hail, Elder Animist Muada'

[Wed Sep 15 16:28:48 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Hm, you appear to have the makings of a great master of beasts, but I do believe you must prove yourself.  You can perhaps help with some tasks should you [feel able] to.'

[Wed Sep 15 16:29:00 2004] You say, 'feel able'

[Wed Sep 15 16:29:00 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'We have had many requests for weapons lately with this new threat from another realm.  Weapons Master Rahoul has been running out of supplies rather quickly and has made a request of our townsfolk.  Whether or not you care for this fair city is not my worry -- I simply want to see if you're [dedication] to our kind is true.'

[Wed Sep 15 16:29:23 2004] You say, 'dedication'

[Wed Sep 15 16:29:24 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well then, Ganellon.  You must collect fungal padding, a rare piece of acrylia ore, and two gems of the void.  Many before you have completed this task with little difficulty if you should need further direction.  Give these items to Weapons Master Rahoul when you are done.'

fungal padding => Drop mainly from shrieker in The Deep (Luclin)
piece of acrylia ore => The Grey on A Boulder Fiend, A Stone Beast, Boulder Stonehand coming form traps
two gems of the void => The Maiden's Eye on XI Vius, Xi Xaui and Xin Thall Centien

When you have the 4 items go back to Shar Vahl and found Weapons Master Rahoul. He is at the warrior guild stage (look for High Armsman Trukhanah for example).

Give the 4 items to Weapons Master Rahoul

[Thu Sep 16 15:41:10 2004] Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Ah, I see you have been so kind as to help us.  Muada would like you take your assistance one step further.  If you are [willing], of course.'

[Thu Sep 16 15:41:23 2004] You say, 'willing'

[Thu Sep 16 15:41:23 2004] Weapons Master Rahoul says 'First, we will need you to contribute some of your own funds in order to obtain this particular piece.  It is the form of a statuette that will grant you an audience with Muada.  I have used some rare components to make these that will cost you in the order of 2000 platinum pieces.  Yes, it's a high cost, but we must keep our coffers healthy.  You will need to create your own leather [adornments] however.  When you have given me the required funds, I will give you the beastlord's statuette to work with.'

[Thu Sep 16 15:41:57 2004] You say, 'adornments'

[Thu Sep 16 15:42:05 2004] Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Yes, Muada demands that each beastlord put some care and devotion into the making of this artifact. You will need to craft your own decoration to this statue to be made from two hides of the strange flesh hounds in Taelosia.  You will need to be sure your tailoring is up to par for this, or it will become a very expensive endeavor to gain favor with Muada.  Take this pattern to work with when you have your hides.  You will need to tan them first and acid wash will do well to remove the impurities and markings, of course.  When you are finished, you may present the item to Elder Muada.'

Weapons Master Rahoul gives you Adornments pattern

Give 2 000 pp to Weapons Master Rahoul and he gives you Plain Beastlord Statuette

You need (2) Ukun Hides, (1) acid wash, the pattern Rahoul gives you, and a regular sewing kit. (Planar sewing kit DOES NOT WORK as a Loom) Put the 2 ukun hides (unstacked) and the acid wash into a brew barrel and combine. you will get a tanned ukun leather (NO DROP - LORE - MAGIC) put the tanned hide and the the adornment pattern into the sewing kit and combine. You will receive tassels. Put the tassels and the Plain Beastlord Statuette in the sewing kit and combine

Aliveer

You'll find them in Harbringer's Spire. Fairly common drop off them there.
Aliveer Tishar
69 Preditor

Brell Serilis Server
I, on the other hand, am a fully-rounded human being, with a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me.

Jataan

I am at this same point..i am wondering what exactly he means by

QuoteYou will need to tan them first and acid wash will do well to remove the impurities and markings, of course.
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Aeshmal

It's a tailoring thing. It can be done with several kinds of hides. Check out www.eqtraders.com and look in the tailoring section for tanning and acid wash to see how it works.

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote from: AliveerYou'll find them in Harbringer's Spire. Fairly common drop off them there.

Are you sure ? Harbringer's Spire is not on Taelosia and he talked about
Quotehides of the strange flesh hounds in Taelosia

I don't think it s that

Greyseer

I am also up to this point.

I think the Flesh hounds hide is dropped from Hynids in Natimbi for they drop Flawless ( No Drop ) and High Quality both have no recipes in EQ Traders.
Greyseer Skullbasher

Gelcea

Flawless hynid hides are for a quest for AC12, 65hp boots. HQ hynid hides are for tailoring (a WR bag).

I'm guessing it'll be a drop from an ukun...mainly because there's ukun fleshhounds all over Taelosia. :) Lucy lists at least 4 different ukun hides/skins.
Gelcea Macha, wandering wolf-tamer of Tarew Marr.
"Run, wolf warrior, to hide your hunger
The rain will wash away the pains of the day
In your eyes there are cold fires burning
Tongues of flame that can never be tamed"

Bengali

The hynids drop hynid hides.  There are several types of ukuns (including ukun fleshounds) so you probably need a hide from those.  They are in just about every zone in Taelosia, and unfortunately I'm not sure if it's any ukun or a specific type in a zone.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

VoS Jamond

Is this post talking about what you have to do if you DON'T have the original epic?
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote from: VoS JamondIs this post talking about what you have to do if you DON'T have the original epic?

Tjough that the title was clear enough  :roll: YES it is

Greyseer

Went to Bloodfields and killed a Ukun Fleshhound dropped

a Shimmering Ukun Hide.
Greyseer Skullbasher

Ganellon D'Alinor

Ukun Hide + 1 Acid Wash => You cannot combine these items in this container type (tried Planar tailoring Kit and Tanaan tailoring kit). Same message with 2 acid wash

Tattooed ukun hide + 1 or 2 acid wash => You cannot combine these items in this container type

Shimmering Ukun Hide  = 1 or 2 acid wash => You cannot combine these items in this container type

Greyseer

Not sure how to combine the hides and acid wash. What container do I use?

Also the tanning solution costs 10k each will that work for both hides or will i need 2 solutions.
Greyseer Skullbasher

Ganellon D'Alinor

The Nalasrine's Enforcing Tanning Solution  is used in Abysmal Armor, i don t think that Weapons Master Rahoul talks about that.
It s Acid Wash (3 celestials essences + 1 Jar of Acid - in a brewl barrel trivail 151)

Aliveer

I believe the hides in Harbringers were something like tatooed hides, fairly common drop.
Aliveer Tishar
69 Preditor

Brell Serilis Server
I, on the other hand, am a fully-rounded human being, with a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me.