Main Menu

New Epic poll

Started by Fionnah, September 24, 2004, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felidae

Quin you like the look?  I'm not usually into realism - eq is a fantasy game - but looks unbalanced and unweildy to me.  More like a decorative totem then anything I'd want to weild as a club.

Juksh

I hate the look. I think its to big and ugly, it being 1hb is irrelevant at this point.

Juksh
Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Kreseth

Really don't care about the weapon type.  The clicky is incredibly underwhelming.  Adding one or two DPS to my pet hardly seems epic.  Do love the ice nuke focus!

--Kreseth

Braedan_VZ

I don't know why it's taken them this long to introduce weapons with this kind of graphic.  They've prolly been able to since pop.

Every class (cept clerics) are going to moan about their clicky I think.  1 min duration for 10 min recast is absurd.  Making the duration 2.5 min walks the line of usefullness vs overpowerment.

One minute I don't think is enough time to increase dps any negligable manner thus defeating its purpose.

CillianFV

If it was any sort of HtH weapon then the graphic would probably be reversed when we switched hands.  I like the club :D
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Mahes

The look is bleh compared to the drawing.  Kinda...totally lost the appeal for me.  It's way to large I think.

I can live with it, but the right click is ass.  If it's gonna be that long of a recast for that short of a duration, it should be more offensive.  Warders don't tank accept in limited situations and not effectively.

The rest of it, ratio, stats, focus, are great for 1.5.

Mingo

But wtf is up with the strikethrough?  Think we should really be pushing to get that changed to something useful, even 5 avoidance would be tons better.

Caradis

I would much rather the right click buff ourselfs for 1 min :P

I was just kinda dissapointed after seeing all the other epics group buff effects.  Was hoping ours would have something to benefit a group well too.

If they changed the right click to a self buff and changed the focus to a high pet level focus instead, I think id be happy. ;)

Garl

I just think the graphic is way too large. both our epic and the shaman epic seem like they are scaled twice what they should be.
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Greyseer

At the moment I love the look. Unless its gonna look bad on a Ogre which i think it wont.

Regarding the proc, if the doulbe attack works for my pet then and Im hoping it'll work when the Savage plat fists proc as well.

Dont't forget this is only 1.5 Epic. Theres still version 2.0 to go.

This Epic 2 might switch back to HtH and if we are unlucky a 2hb
Greyseer Skullbasher

Quezic Grahl

It probably looks better with large races, as an iksar this thing would look dumb on me I think...I'd still use it, better than what I've got.  I'd rather have a rusty mace graphic than that ridiculous looking thing though.

At steelwarrior, they've posted pics of alot of the epic 1.5's, some of them look pretty cool.  The bard, SK, Necro are all pretty cool looking.  Wiz, ench, are good.  Warriors, from the pic I saw there, got the shaft, their sword has a pretty lame graphic hehe.  Didn't check out the effects/focus on most of the 1.5's, warriors are pretty unhappy with theirs though.

Sigrah

I like the look of the epic, has a primative look to it.  As for the clicky effect, I think it's really not that good overall.  Would be acceptable if they added a 100% damage modifier to it so all damage including crits effectively did double damage (like BA3).  Otherwise, would rather have an effect that Complete Heals my pet when cast, purges all baneful magics currently affecting him, and makes him immune to all baneful spells and effects for 1 minute so that he doesn't immediately die in those high end, crappy encounters with AoE's that make having a pet pointless.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Qagar

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but here's what I think about the new Epic.

The vast majority of the other epics 1.5 that I've seen so far have effects and clickies that help them do what they do most, usually with a focus to increasing raid usefulness.  IMO, Pallys have made out like bandits with their new epic, (tho, I'm sure they'll make it sound like they got a kick in the groin or something, the reality is that in raids they're mostly another healer class, and their epic helps them be much better healers.)  Warriors as well have an epic that makes them better at what they do most, the casters for the most part get aggro reducers to help them do what they do in raids/groups.  Our clickie effect gives us a short term boost of damage every 10 mins, which in itself isn't so bad, extra DPS is extra DPS.  But the rest of the effects on it are more or less useless.  The HPs are probably never going to make much of a difference in the whopping minute they last.  THe defensive additions are also pretty useless as well, as other people have already noted.  Pets in raids never draw aggro, due to the huge amount of players standing next to the mob being killed.  They *do* however, get hit by enormous AE's that make an additonal 1k HPs pretty meaningless.
The focus effect is...whelming.  I personally only ever use my nukes in groups where I've got a shammy or other BL to do the buffing and slowing, and all I'm expected to do is be DPS.  But my playing preferences aside, why wasn't this something like a pet focus, or an aggro reducer, or something to help our slows land, or something to extend our buffs?  All of which I do a lot more than nuke, and *can* do more often than once every 30 seconds.
Ah well, maybe I'm just whining, what does everyone think?  ATM, I'm out of state, and haven't purchased OoW yet, and what with the underwhelming new spells, and less than ideal new Epic, (not to mention my hatred of the last expansion), I'm considering not buying it at all.

As for the look, I like the look fine.  It reminds me of a club I saw once that was used to club baby seals in antarctica.
The type of weapon doesn't matter since all the skills now cap at the same level, tho I like H2H weapons just because it's kinda a defining look for us.  I don't get people mistaking me for a shaman when I'm wielding H2H weapons.

--Qagar