Main Menu

Sphinx faction issues

Started by Fistinyereyes, September 26, 2004, 05:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistinyereyes

Currently, I am KoS to Ankhefenmut. This has been true for a very long time due to killing the bugs on his faction and him personally once or twice in my many days hunting in Rathe Mtns. How might I go about getting around this for the epic? I know puppet strings would probably work, however.. I will NEVER be able to afford that, nor have much of a chance at getting them. Would an enchanter friend charming Ankef for me work?

Otherwise, only way I know of to raise my faction is by killing the other sphinx, which.. well.. would be rather counter-productive  :roll:

Any advice?

Sigrah

Well, you get a large faction boost when hailing Ankhefenmut at this point in the quest.  Could try that and see what happens.  Barring that, only way to go up with Ankhefenmut is to kill his counterpart and bugs over and over again.  Not sure what you should try first.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Choppin

I was kos too, so first time moving up to it, it attacked me and talking didnt work anymore, so I came back invis.
Went really close dropped invis and immediatly hailed and said: I am the beastlord. this gave me a big faction hit (up to dubious) which allowed me to do this quest part
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Washiir

well if killing zakamoukh helps faction killhim, I was kos to him and after hailing ank I went up to ally with zak.  If you are talking about another sphinx then I don't know.

Eatbugs

QuoteI was kos too, so first time moving up to it, it attacked me and talking didnt work anymore

Did you try?  I was KOS and it attacked, but I still hailed - faction went up, I zoned to clear aggro, and when I came back I was dubious.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Ogee

I was kos too , go to the bazaar and buy a human illusion potion . Worked fine for me .

Fistinyereyes

I tried my woody crown, was still max kos

Rarshaak

Get an enchanter to charm him and you will be able to do the dialog.  I had this problem myself.  Once you hail him it should fix any faction problems you have.
Rarshaak Feiwong - 70th level Wildblood
Brotherhood of the Spider
The Rathe

Ogee

Quote from: RarshaakOnce you hail him it should fix any faction problems you have.

He was still kos to me . had to use human illusion potion

Rarshaak

Sounds like the faction hit for Ankhefenmut isn't as big as the one you get for Zazamoukh.  After the faction hit I was ally to Zazamoukh and amiable to Ankhefenmut.  Thought it was lower due to me getting enchanter to charm it, guess its just a lower faction bump.  I was killing Zazamoukh to raise faction so was KoS.
Rarshaak Feiwong - 70th level Wildblood
Brotherhood of the Spider
The Rathe

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: ChoppinI was kos too, so first time moving up to it, it attacked me and talking didnt work anymore, so I came back invis.
Went really close dropped invis and immediatly hailed and said: I am the beastlord. this gave me a big faction hit (up to dubious) which allowed me to do this quest part
Good thinking.  This worked for me .. invis, drop invis while spamming /hail.  I got my faction increases before his attack check 'tick'.  Note:  the rest of your group (if you aren't solo) may be KoS (my erudite bot was KoS ...).

Xennova

Im wondering what kind of help need to kill sphinx spiritservant...me and a cleric enough just like for frantic ravenous beast?

Qwawn

QuoteIm wondering what kind of help need to kill sphinx spiritservant...me and a cleric enough just like for frantic ravenous beast?

Yes.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808107">
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/djtx2/Q2.gif" width="501" height="132">