Main Menu

Epic clicky targeting your pet

Started by janabell, September 27, 2004, 10:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janabell

as of right now clicking your epic targets your pet witchi find rilly anoying since i have to retarget the mob, and someitems i forget that it switches targets and lose out on DPS,

it would be nice if epic click did not target your pet when casting the buff, kinda like self clickies dont target you.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Jkal_Shihar

Well, most of the pet only buffs will automatically target your pet anyways.
I consider it more of a character buff then a self clickie in that you are not really buffing yourself.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

janabell

unlike any of our other pet buffs this particlular buff is manly used dureing battle, would be nice to not have it target your pet atleast for epic buff.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Eatbugs

Doubt that will be changed, as all pet buffs work that way.  It's only a minor inconvenience.  The fact that the proc portion of the buff won't take effect unless it comes before the regular proc buff on the pet's buff list is a much more irrtating concern for me.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Pheral

Actually, the Hobble AA casts on your pet without switching your target.  I'm kind of surprised they didn't do this for all pet buffs.
-- Pheral

Eatbugs

Hm, I'd forgotten about Hobble.  Come to think of it, Mend Companion doesn't change targets either.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Bengali

In the meantime if you bind a key to "toggle (or is it cycle?) between last two targets" in your keyboard options menu, you can quickly retarget whatever it was that you had targeted before clicking epic.  You can even do it while the spell is casting.

For some reason that doesn't work with some other autotarget pet spells, but it does with this.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Bengali
For some reason that doesn't work with some other autotarget pet spells, but it does with this.

Thats funny .. a new behaviour for a spell/clickie.

Gotog Ironskull

Just woundering if this effict will also goto our Swarm Pets from the SPF.
Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Kherryn

Quote from: BengaliIn the meantime if you bind a key to "toggle (or is it cycle?) between last two targets" in your keyboard options menu, you can quickly retarget whatever it was that you had targeted before clicking epic.  You can even do it while the spell is casting.

Normal pet buffs (proc/haste) don't target your pet as a new target (as if you clicked on your pet)...they actually switch your current target to the pet (as if you were always targetting the pet in the first place) instead.  This means you won't be able to re-target the mob using the toggle key.  

What you can do instead, like I did, is target something else real quick (I usually hit TAB to target myself real quick) and then hit the auto-pet target spell, then hit the toggle key and you'll be back on your original target because the spell redirected the target on you to the pet, not the target on the mob.

Does that make sense?

tkyn

I have a hotkey that does the following:

/target pet
/assist pet
/attack on

I use it all the time, so if I ever get the damned ME drop and subsequently my epic I don't think it will be that much of a problem.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

getan garfoobed

Well if the clicky targets your pet, then just assist your pet, and you will be back on the target.  Should work in most situations, with the exception of your pet off tanking.
Getan Garfoobed 67th Iksar Beastlord
Qiladann Rezbot 66th Highelf Cleric BOT
Soraken TheRabid 56th Iksar Monk
Jarebone TheMisfortunate 52nd Iksar Necro
Rotgutt Buffbot 45th Ogre Shaman

Felidae

I think its worth /feedbacking .... put a fair amount of effort into getting the item is shouldnt have such an annoying foible.

Kebrarn

I actually find it to be rather annoying myself.  I've clicked the effect quite a few times and forgotten that it changes my target.  I've got quite a few round before actually realizing this.  I do think we should all feedback this, as it makes things really annoying.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Aeshmal

I actually very much like it. It took me a while to get used to pet-only spells auto-targeting the pet, but it's very handy now. I can just click the thing and then go back to killing things without having to target the pet intentionally in the interim. I do not wish to see this changed,