Main Menu

Griplan fight approach?

Started by Felidae, October 02, 2004, 01:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felidae

Okay tried mine ..... tried.  I had a couple healers so felt if I could get him single I'd be okay.  I read comments here - pacify - brute force - those were both mentioned.  Well I figured if pacify pulling worked I could pet pull.  So I tried.  Got him single pulled out but he warped back and then all the mobs came after me... evac saved the day.  Maybe he's tethered or some lag effect?

So got a bigger grp - brute force would be plan B.  On first pull we were half way through the kill and the whole cluster despawned.

So how did folks approach this?  

On a positive note Jaggedpine will give you another note right off.

Eatbugs

He is tethered, as are all his little ugly friends. (You don't need to evac if things go bad - just run about 30 feet away and they'll all pop back to their spawn points.)  The way I did it was to experiment with pet pulling and the tether length for a while until I could get him single, inside the tether range but outside aggro range for the rest of the spawns.  Took a few tries, as he tended to run or get pushed out of his tether range when we tried to burn him down, but it worked eventually.

I think the best suggestion I've seen involved pretty much the same thing except pulling two instead of just the named.  That way he doesn't try to run on low health.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nusa

I had to try 3 or 4 times with a druid harmonying before we got an acceptable pull of the named and 2 minions. I paid a lot of attention during the fight to making sure the named didn't get pushed around too much, mainly by repositioning myself. As was said, a screwup is easy to fix...just run out of range and try again.

Vorhees

Just did this part today.  Basically what everyone said before is right, it's just kinda tricky to learn.  I spent about 15 minutes doing whatever I could to try and get the damn boss single -- pet pull, harmony the ones around him, try to pull him and keep him in range while pulling the others out of tether range so they warp back, etc.  Nothing worked.  I figured I was just gonna fail it.

I think my exact approach was.  When you spawn them, I decided to fight on the wall, closest to the Bloodfields zonline (that direction at least), since that way there was only about 3-4 girplans that the boss would path near to get to me.  Then I harmonied the ones closest to him, and the ones that he would path by as he ran to me (think I ended up harmonying about 4-5).  Then I used pet pull.  I finally got him single, and after that there was really no problem keeping him within tether range, without aggroing the other girplans (they seem to have a small aggro radius overall unless you are pulling them directly).

After that it was a relatively easy fight.  I did it with bst / dru, and it was np.  I think I only had to heal maybe 3-4 times.  He was fully slowable even with the slow changes.  I saved up my offensive discs for when he ran (since I didn't know what direction he was going to run).  At 10% he ran, and from where I was set up, he ran away from the wall, which basically means he had a ways to go to break tether range.  So offensive disc + some nukes burned him down in no time.  Once I got him single I never had to worry about any other adds.

DAEKUGETA

just wait till add despawn... took me around 30-40min but 10 add have despawned.... so we rushed him and the only add remaining

Gakania

you dont even need pacify for it, just good puller  :wink:
Took my husband to pull it for me as i readed sk pet could single pull.... well that didnt work so he tried few trics and finally got named come with 1 add, which was good as this way named didnt run away.

Grymlok

I single pulled with pet np.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Gourgeous George

Many thanks to Ttony on Drinal for his input on this fight. I spent about 15 minutes trying to get him single with tether range but he kept getting pushed too far or pushed me back and roamed out of tether range after me.

However Ttony turned up and advised me to switch to lvl 49 spell pet and then pet pull. Suffice to say I stayed far enough back not to have agro and pet did her job. Started on Girplan then /pet hold brought just the named.

Thanks a ton bro, only the Ruined City fight to go now. Only downside is I am at work now damn tired after waiting for this dude to pop at 2am UK time.

Oh and I also did this duo with a Cleric. Minimal heals required. Lost hps mostly in the 1st 15minutes trying to get tether range.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Vahaus Warder

I had a Paladin, Druid, Cleric, and Wizard. Druid Harmo'd as many as she could, I pulled with slow, Paladin immediatly gained agro on named. I Incapacitated the two adds, they came after me while named remained on tank. I teathered the adds, and ran back to help paladin. Druid kept the 2 mobs closest to the battle harmonied so we could fight close to spawn point so named wouldn't teather. Dead named, I got the epic peice. Just waiting on Yerika to respawn so I can hand in.

TheOriginalGronker

Full group .. war, clex3, bst, dru - just people that wanted to help out.

The idea was - one guy tag one of the mobs and get 10 of them chasing him/her.  I nail the named with slow though I'm far enough to away to not get aggro from others (out of aggro range = no aggro).  Original puller tethers the rest and we mash the named.

First time we harmonied the nearest mob while we fought just in case but druid "accidentally" nuked instead of harmonied.

Second time we found out the flee path went right thru the camp from fight point to the S.

Third time, most of the mobs depopped and we pacified the one regular girp and pulled named for a win - lots of HPs for his death run everyone burned like nuts.

Felidae

With the comments here I pulled fight off no problem.  The key IMHO is to take full advantage of the tethering.  As your trying to single out the Spiritleech, if anything goes wrong just pull back and let them spring back.

We had one death early on, which actually helped as those mobs did not spring back so that left a large clear area to pet pull to *within* the tethered area.  Thats where we fought.

The Spiritleech runs at low heath and we got adds then, but ignored them, burned him down, then ran out of tether range to clear adds.  

Group was elemental druid, cleric, shaman and me.  Was very laggy so the extra healing helped.

We also got "a chest" with a nice ring and XP :)

mrowrr

We kept healers out of tether range, pulled all the Girps at us including the named, killed name while pushing him north so he wouldn't snap back which he did when we pushed him south and when he dropped we all backed out and let them all snap back into place.

All the adds are just annoying at most and with enough folks you can drop the named and back out and let them reset and it's over in a matter of 10-15 seconds.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Sasana

Beastlord, Cleric, Paladin, Paladin.

Took some effort but we got it, and found out two paladins could seperate the boss very nicely from the other mobs via leashing.

Dummkopf

I tried him solo and brought him down to 12%, my equip isnt really high end anymore so a better equiped bst can solo him no prob.

A warning though, set up to do the fight today when i got jumped by a named mob "Blackfell Borer", light blue at 70, hits for up to 1k, resists all spells me and a cleric tried on him. Took us (me and a lvl 70 cleric) 25 minutes to kill him and in the meantime Girplan Spiritleecher despawned. IMO it is vey stupid to have a kos to all mob roaming around a lvl 45 zone that hits for 1k quad and and is basicly unslowable.

Aeshmal

That mob is spawned for the warrior epic. It isn't always around.