Main Menu

Griplan fight approach?

Started by Felidae, October 02, 2004, 01:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shatho

Last night I decided to have a go at this fight with just me and my druid alt.  I used the level 49 pet and got him to come single.  He was fully slowable.  The fight took about 4 minutes, mostly because that low level pet just could not hit him very hard or very often.  It was cake really.  He ran at around 9-10%.  My equipment isnt all that great, I think I had maybe 5600 hp for the fight.  So, if you can't get people to help you, try this out.  It was very easy I thought.

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

Giledorm

Just for the record, I tried pet pulling with the 49 and the 9 pet.  Neither seemed to work for me.  Also, it seemed that the named's tether was a little shorter than the others.

What I ended up doing was having a monk pull the whole group, then a chanter paci around the named, then kill it while the monk tethered the adds.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Tastian

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I had no problems pulling the named single to the NW of camp.  Fewer adds between named and you then so was easy to stay out of aggro range, but inside tether range.  I'd imagine the level 9 pet would get killed really fast which would get you more mobs hehe.

Eatbugs

I used the 56 pet - low enough level for pet pulling in this instance, but enough hp to survive the trip back.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dummkopf

Today i duoed the event together with another beastlord that was waiting for it (and chained his right after). I had no trouble pet pulling the named single to us using the 49 pet buffed with calliav and Kragg, hobbly on my real pet helped to keep him snared so he didnt run into the tether range. Push is something you have to watch though, 2 beastlords and 2 warder produce a lot and you have to reposition during the fight to keep clear of the adds and the tether range.

Fight was easy and we needed no healing on the successfull fights (on our first try we ran into the adds due to push).

negrismorte

Did this today with 66 ele beast (me), 66 LDoN+ cleric, 68 ele chanter, 66 LDoN rog, 65 LDoN palli (7.7K hp).

Named hit for 843 max on me, was not fully slowable.

Pet pulling with level 56 pet did not work - even with virtue and runeV.  We tried several time with dif pets, dif lulls/pacs.

What worked? Rogue pulled nameds, all came, I sent real pet on the named, rogue teathered the adds.

It was a long fight, lots of hp and repositioning to keep from additional aggro or warping.

Cleric was near oom at the end from having to quick heal.

Lheo

Strange, i pulled the named with the 56 er (sowed)pet without a problem(there is a pulling way without a add in the north)