Main Menu

Erana Farrell's timer

Started by Gremkin, November 02, 2004, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremkin

Is Erana on a "scheduled" 2-hour timer?

By this I mean, is she supposed to be up at the same times every day (ie. 12-2pm, 4-6pm, etc.), or is she simply "up 2 hours, down 2 hours" with no fixed times?

The reason I ask is I have been tracking her spawn for some time now and she has always spawned/despawned on a regular schedule day after day.  So finally, after a month and a half of being ready, the guild is ready to do the fight for me.  I run out to Ruins and whee!  She's up!  People start gathering, I have almost enough force to do the fight.  No sweat, I think, I have another 20 minutes before she will depop.  Two minutes later I watch her vanish before my eyes.....

So.  My theory appears to have been proven false; what now?  If some beastlord triggered the fight yesterday (thereby despawning Erana), does she wait a full 2 hours before she will respawn, or is she supposed to respawn at her next "scheduled" appearance?  I don't want to have to start camping the spawn every day; I have better things to do with my time.  :?

This is by far the most ridiculous excuse for a bottleneck ever devised by SOE.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Plumps Klo

At some point I timed her for several days in a row (having another char on another account standing in front of her) : The timer moves.
So no, she is NOT up at the same times every day. This might be due to several reasons, not the least being the fact that she actually is NOT on a 2 hour timer ... but on a timer somewhere around 2 hours ... 5 minutes more or less will naturally make her spawn window move over several days.

Nusa

She's on a two-hour down, two-hour up cycle. Within a couple minutes, anyway, I only timed her over a 12 hour period. However, when you hand her the trigger item she despawns in a couple minutes and that resets the cycle. So reset your timer when you start your fight...you'll can do your turnin in 2 hours assuming you win the fight. The spawned mobs stay up an hour if not killed.

So the answer to your question is yes, the spawn is predictable over time  if nobody has triggered the spawns. Fortunately, only those beastlords at that stage of the epic are able to get the trigger item from Muada, so the number of people that can change the spawn time is limited.

In practical terms, you cannot plan the spawn time days in advance unless you are willing to actually manipute the spawn 2-4 hours before the planned event time.

Gremkin

Thanks for the info guys.

Nusa, that's a good idea.  I get home from work early enough that I could "prime" her spawn by doing the hand-in to get a predictable respawn time if I knew the guild would come out again for the fight later that evening.  Thanks for the tip!

Eatbugs

Quote from: GremkinNusa, that's a good idea.  I get home from work early enough that I could "prime" her spawn by doing the hand-in to get a predictable respawn time if I knew the guild would come out again for the fight later that evening.

The next to last Druid fight spawns in that same room - doing that would be a fairly nasty trick to play on anyone who might have wanted to do the Druid epic fight (or our epic, for that matter) in the hour after you did the hand in.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nusa

Make sure any druids you have on the raid bank their trigger item if they're at that stage of their epic. Otherwise, the druid mob is triggered when they enter the area.

Gremkin

Yeah, I was thinking after I posted that it is a potentially dirty trick to play on someone.

/sigh

Just wish SOE would hurry up and take her off the timer.  It's asinine.

Giledorm

From what I understand, the Druid mob works off the "hidden" flags on the toon, so it doesn't matter if you bank the item.  The mob will spawn just by walking down that hallway.  (If this is incorrect, let me know)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Kinal

Quote from: NusaMake sure any druids you have on the raid bank their trigger item if they're at that stage of their epic. Otherwise, the druid mob is triggered when they enter the area.

Quote from: GiledormFrom what I understand, the Druid mob works off the "hidden" flags on the toon, so it doesn't matter if you bank the item. The mob will spawn just by walking down that hallway. (If this is incorrect, let me know)

Can anyone confirm which of these two statements is true?  We were going to attempt my final fight last night (trigger wasn't up...grrrr) and we had a druid at this point in his epic.  I need to know if he can come or not.

Volsykat

Depending on how you handle it, it doesn't matter Kinal.  Earthshaker doesn't spawn until the druid is at the bottom of the stairs leading directly up to the fork in the tunnel itself.  If you go the split-using-valley approach and the raid's outside, then the druid won't spawn it.

Otherwise, I believe it uses the invisible flags to spawn Earshaker, and so items don't matter,.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

zumu

Quote from: Eatbugs
Quote from: GremkinNusa, that's a good idea.  I get home from work early enough that I could "prime" her spawn by doing the hand-in to get a predictable respawn time if I knew the guild would come out again for the fight later that evening.

The next to last Druid fight spawns in that same room - doing that would be a fairly nasty trick to play on anyone who might have wanted to do the Druid epic fight (or our epic, for that matter) in the hour after you did the hand in.

and?

Tusconi

Seem to recall a similar post on another topic in the epic. And as was listed in that post, some people have respect for other players in the game not to randomly spawn major raid level mobs that they have no intention of killing at the time. Have a little respect for other people in the game dude.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

zumu

Quote from: TusconiSeem to recall a similar post on another topic in the epic. And as was listed in that post, some people have respect for other players in the game not to randomly spawn major raid level mobs that they have no intention of killing at the time. Have a little respect for other people in the game dude.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

for an hour? grow some balls, dude. sure i can see a problem rendering an entire zone unusable for any length of time. sure, i can see a problem rendering an epic event unavailable for half a day. or spawning a raid mob that impedes normal use of a zone. this doesnt. youre talking about people whos only problem with getting their epic done is this stupid schedule. it's an hour, dude. get over it.

Tusconi

You're so right Zumu. How horrible for me to think of anyone else but my own class. I mean, good grief.....if some druid had a epic raid scheduled for that time that someone decided to just pop DDA and his warders, they should just get over it. My schedule has priority over everyone! Who cares if that's the only time they had to do their fight and my mob wiped their entire raid?
Give me a break! I camped Elana to find out when she would be up. All it takes is taking a couple hours of your own time to find out what kind of timer she is currently on the day before you plan on raiding. I camped her, found her time...set it up with some folks and did the fight the following day. It's not that hard, and shows some respect for other players, which is obvious you don't have. Your posts indicate you are the type of player that trains people for fun.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

zumu

Quote from: TusconiYou're so right Zumu. How horrible for me to think of anyone else but my own class. I mean, good grief.....if some druid had a epic raid scheduled for that time that someone decided to just pop DDA and his warders, they should just get over it. My schedule has priority over everyone! Who cares if that's the only time they had to do their fight and my mob wiped their entire raid?
Give me a break! I camped Elana to find out when she would be up. All it takes is taking a couple hours of your own time to find out what kind of timer she is currently on the day before you plan on raiding. I camped her, found her time...set it up with some folks and did the fight the following day. It's not that hard, and shows some respect for other players, which is obvious you don't have. Your posts indicate you are the type of player that trains people for fun.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

way to go dumbass, you completely missed the point. perhaps you would care to search for my other posts, in which ive already stated thats exactly what i did, and what i recommend doing. thanks for stating a strat i posted long before you. i timed her spawn, and got the raid there on her schedule.

now, this time exercise some reading comprehension skills, and go over my post again. specifically the part which states "people whos only problem with getting their done is this stupid schedule"

what about the folks for whom erana's schedule just wont work? what about them smart guy? i guess theyre just S.O.L. and if they take some action, OMG a WHOLE HOUR!!!1!!1 they're just rude insensitive people. where the hell do you get off, imposing your moral outrage over a one hour spawn re-time when these folks have no other choice?

where the hell did i ever say i train people for fun? it was funny to me that the warders ended up at the zoneline on my fight, you betcha if thats what you mean. know why im able to laugh about it? cause i frikkin sat there til they despawned, and no one got trained. as ive already stated. try to know wtf youre talking about before you troll.